Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

removing polaroid 600 film?

• 25-06-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I have a polaroid camera which takes 600 type film. there is a pack of film with 9 exposures left in the camera. Their expiry is not for another few months. I dont want to waste the film, but I have recently got another pack of film with an expiry of last month. Can I take the film out that is the camera and put the other one in without ruining the film? i know you cant with regular film, but I thought polaroid might be different..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

not sure but can you tell me where you got the film, just picked up a poloraid and want to mess around with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

tariqbutt wrote: »
    I have a polaroid camera which takes 600 type film. there is a pack of film with 9 exposures left in the camera. Their expiry is not for another few months. I dont want to waste the film, but I have recently got another pack of film with an expiry of last month. Can I take the film out that is the camera and put the other one in without ruining the film? i know you cant with regular film, but I thought polaroid might be different..?

You can take out the pack in complete darkness ( windowless bathroom with lights off and edges of door all blocked up for example) and put back in the darkslide by touch. Alternatively you can just take it out in subdued light but you'll ruin at least the top shot, dunno about the others, I'm guessing they -should- be ok.

Smelltheglove, you can pick it up in boots certainly, I think gunns do it, maybe the camera exchange aswell. Its been a while since i bought some though. Can't really justify the cost anymore :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Nope - Gunns are sold out forever :( Haven't tried Boots yet though. I have two of the feckers here waiting to be used.. cameras - not film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

@op - I'd leave what you have in your camera and use that first just in case... Should be fine past its sell by. I used 600 stuff that was three years out of date a while back and it was lovely :)

I have an idea to use it which cost wouldnt really matter. I know you can get it on photomart but you need a minimum order of 100. Mind I need to order a few things so I might pick up a couple there. Its just so much easier to walk into a shop and buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tariqbutt

polapremium is where I get all my film. They have 600 film for Eur14 a pack (its the 779 film which is the same as 600 film... they have regular 600 film with a later expiry but its Eur17)

http://www.polapremium.com/news?date=2009-06-18

Alternatively boots in jervis center have about 6 packs of 600 film left for about eur17 each (expiry 08/09 and 09/09.......for a late expiry of 10/09 you have to go with polapremium)

polapremium is where I get all my film. They have 600 film for Eur14 a pack (its the 779 film which is the same as 600 film... they have regular 600 film with a later expiry but its Eur17)

http://www.polapremium.com/news?date=2009-06-18

Alternatively boots in jervis center have about 6 packs of 600 film left for about eur17 each (expiry 08/09 and 09/09.......for a late expiry of 10/09 you have to go with polapremium)

Btw if anyone is thinking of buying the polapremium film, they have an offer called "share the love" that if I invite you to the site you can buy it for Eur10 a pack. In return I can also buy it at that price. If anyone wants me to invite them send me your email address and you can then buy up to 5 packs at Eur10. I assume this isnt considered spam.... I have nothing to do with the site, but I would like to get some packs for Eur10!

Btw if anyone is thinking of buying the polapremium film, they have an offer called "share the love" that if I invite you to the site you can buy it for Eur10 a pack. In return I can also buy it at that price. If anyone wants me to invite them send me your email address and you can then buy up to 5 packs at Eur10. I assume this isnt considered spam.... I have nothing to do with the site, but I would like to get some packs for Eur10!

sending pm

sending pm

Hmmmm, I just went to the "share the love" site:
    http://www.polapremium.com/share-the-love/

Seemingly the system was a big success and they have sold out!
    THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE!

Polaroid 779 "Share the Love Edition" is SOLD OUT

due to the breathtaking success we already started
    the production of "Share the Love 2"

....appearing on screens and in Polaroid cameras everywhere this summer....

Ill send on an invite anyway as soon as the second program starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I buy mine in boots, pack of 10 €20 pack of 20 €30

• Advertisement

This offer is running again and they have polaroid film for cheap. Send me your email address and Ill invite you to get it up to 5 packs for Eur10 each (in return I get it for that price too... :)

Advertisement