Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm in shock here. He was an absolute legend. May he find peace in death that he really never had in life. Rip Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

He will be just like Elvis. Not really dead, just moonwalking on Mars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

K-9 wrote: »
    Must have missed OJ's millions selling albums.
    There edited the quote down, you know what I meant! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

bfcman wrote: »
    Yeah and how many kids and there famillies did he pay off for the silence?

perhaps one family but maybe that was to avoid a court case which would have adverse effects on his health...which was clearly evident in the latest trial when he was found innocent of molestation!some people really make me feel sick!he was found innocent yet ye still treat him like he was found quilty!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I'm not american....I'm IN AMERICA!!

No hate to break it to ya but you'd be surprised how many people have rang me from Ireland saying - here you won't have heard this yet it won't have happened there yet...deadly serious.They think I'm in some kind of time space hole across the atlantic :rolleyes:

Just take your fail and leave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭JimmyFloyd

FruitLover wrote: »
    If he was Irish, he would have been made an honourary priest!

*avoids joke for fear of being banned*

None the less, the guy's musical legacy will always win through.

In 50 years, the people who didnt grow up listening to him won't talk or care about his personal life, just his musical awesomeness!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

No hate to break it to ya but you'd be surprised how many people have rang me from Ireland saying - here you won't have heard this yet it won't have happened there yet...deadly serious.They think I'm in some kind of time space hole across the atlantic :rolleyes:
    You have some really stupid irish friends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You have some really stupid irish friends.
    They're probably American's living in Ireland. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Just heard - shocking news - I was looking forward to his comeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭listowel1

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0625/breaking70.htm

Michael Jackson dies in LA after suspected heart attack

Pop star Michael Jackson has died after being rushed to hospital this evening after suffering a suspected heart attack.
    The LA TImes has reported in the last few moments that the singer was pronounced dead after being admitted to the UCLA Medical Center in a deep coma.
    US authorities confirmed that the singer was taken to hospital after an emergency call was received from Jackson’s Holby Hills California home shortly after 12.20pm local time (8.20pm Irish time).
    Paramedics are said to have performed CPR on the 50-year-old singer in the ambulance en route to the UCLA Medical Center. But a fire department official has told the LA Times that the singer was not breathing when the paramedics arrived at his home.
    The TMZ.com celebrity website broke the news that the singer had passed away after failed attempts to revive him.
    "We've just learned Michael Jackson has died," TMZ said.

"Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back," the entertainment site said. There was no official confirmation of the reported death and spokespersons for Jackson could not be reached for comment.
    The LA Times, citing city officials, confirmed the singer's death.
    The news comes just weeks ahead of the 50-year-old singer's attempted comeback which was to have involved an extensive global tour. He has had a history of health problems in recent years and has not finished a concert tour in more than ten years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Well you are in the Midlands!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

listowel1 wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0625/breaking70.htm

Michael Jackson dies in LA after suspected heart attack

Pop star Michael Jackson has died after being rushed to hospital this evening after suffering a suspected heart attack.
    The LA TImes has reported in the last few moments that the singer was pronounced dead after being admitted to the UCLA Medical Center in a deep coma.
    US authorities confirmed that the singer was taken to hospital after an emergency call was received from Jackson’s Holby Hills California home shortly after 12.20pm local time (8.20pm Irish time).
    Paramedics are said to have performed CPR on the 50-year-old singer in the ambulance en route to the UCLA Medical Center. But a fire department official has told the LA Times that the singer was not breathing when the paramedics arrived at his home.
    The TMZ.com celebrity website broke the news that the singer had passed away after failed attempts to revive him.
    "We've just learned Michael Jackson has died," TMZ said.

"Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back," the entertainment site said. There was no official confirmation of the reported death and spokespersons for Jackson could not be reached for comment.
    The LA Times, citing city officials, confirmed the singer's death.
    The news comes just weeks ahead of the 50-year-old singer's attempted comeback which was to have involved an extensive global tour. He has had a history of health problems in recent years and has not finished a concert tour in more than ten years.
    You're a little late.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

These are probably the same people who got extremely confused watching the latest series of Lost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I've never really had much time for 'aul whacko jacko, but I'm surprisingly saddened by this news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

BBC confirmed it. He is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

R.I.P Michael.

Trolls show some ****ing respect :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

RIP, remember him as he was during his late 70s/80s peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82,991 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I just got home - thats ****ing crazy. Dude died a legend though, despite some best efforts. Not the kind of guy you'd forget about in a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

joeperry wrote: »
    Oh no these things come in 3s ,1st FF now MJ, who is next?............i've haad a bad feeling about Clint Eastwood for a while :(

Clint Eastwood will stare death head on and say - "make my day!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

mod's some of the quotes here are ridiculous!This is disgraceful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Chefdf wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmm....Conveniently timed for those london concerts.
    Think he went a bit overboard looking for attention

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Regardless of the allegations made against him, few can deny that one of the centuries defining artists has just passed away. I can't comprehend taking time to bad mouth him. Maybe people just want to go against the grain and be shocking but really it just comes across as being a douche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

CONFIRMED HE'S DEAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'm genuinely sad the guy is dead, and I'm not the kinda guy that says that when any old celebrity dies. I can remember getting Jacko tapes when I was in 4th class. Its especially sad as he seemed like he might have been just about to start turning things around with the gigs in London himself. However I'm glad he had a chance to prove himself innocent of any/all accusations of molestation. I will remember him for the right reasons and I'm confident that the rest of the world will too.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

b28 wrote: »
    WE NEVER KNOW WHAT HE DONE! BUT IT TOOK ITS TOLL ON THE MAN.
    HE HAD MONEY, AND GOLDIGGERS WILL DRAG RUTHLESSLY ANYBODY TO GET IT.
    SAD FOR THE MAN.

Quieten down, show a bit of respect.

Apparently news has gotten around Glastonbury and all the stalls and shops are playing his music. Mad how news can get around so fast nowadays. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

It's rush hour traffic in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

The tickets will be worth more now. They are a souvenir and nobody will return them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

*groan*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I'm loving the perspective dude, this place is notorious for derogatory comments about all walks off life, race, religion etc, you can't move the target just because it suits you....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement