Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

In all fairness though, he was a fukkin fruitcake. I mean genuinely whatever about his musical genius ya great and all that but he was cracked. Sorry . Had to say it. Its a pity he died and condolences to his family but in a weeks time we'll all be dosed up to the eyeballs on jackomania and sick to death of him. I probably wont buy the paper now for the next 2 weeks. Whats the point? There'd want to be something fkkn unreal happenin to get a mention. Let me know if there's a huge flash in the sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Asmodean wrote: »
    His music never really touched me in the way it did many others on here but RIP nonetheless.
    A word to anyone getting offedned by jokes/insults. They're just words don't take it to heart so much.

and the people posting are probably still in their teens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pixma123

fox is now saying hes dead R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Even allowing for the way people are always better when they're dead, MJ was an absolute icon and legend of pop music.

Bit before my time and his music is not really my cup of tea but I would still respect his work.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

It's only Michael Jackson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

R.I.P.

It's really sad that he's gone. I had tickets to one of the London shows but I'll never see him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

:o
    cornbb wrote: »
    I'm genuinely sad the guy is dead, and I'm not the kinda guy that says that when any old celebrity dies. I can remember getting Jacko tapes when I was in 4th class. Its especially sad as he seemed like he might have been just about to start turning things around with the gigs in London himself. However I'm glad he had a chance to prove himself innocent of any/all accusations of molestation. I will remember him for the right reasons and I'm confident that the rest of the world will too.

RIP.

Hi Cornbb

Like you, I remember buying Michael Jackson tapes from about 5th/6th class on. I loved his music and feel a huge wave of grief that firstly a legend of our times has left us, and secondly that there would be any doubt in his mind of how he was admired the world over.

Michael, rest in peace... The world is left lost, mourning another musical genius, an incredible man.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Michael Jackson the Beer Hunter died many years ago and he was the better of the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Sick of the puns already. All in bad taste.

RIP Michael - Legend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Lilyblue wrote: »
    OMG I am in shock! Wow...just shocked!
    Millions more people around the world are feeling the same .just like the time John Lennon was shot I was in state of shock for days as were millions of others to .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

Shocked!

His 1988 concert was my 1st concert ever and was just spectacular.

RIP.

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

But in all fairness, he was the King of Pop. Selling 750 million albums... come on, thats just amazing.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I was a bit too young to really remember when Kurt Cobain died but i think this is going to be the 20 somethings "do you remember where you were when you heard Michael Jackson had died?"

A million thank you's to MJ for all the amazing music.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

RIP.

Amazing to think that he is gone. Quite the entertainer, who transcended all forms of music. Most people would like at least ONE of his songs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I thought it was OJ :rolleyes:

/leaves thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Excellent publicity/advertising for Twitter and Tmz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

he'll be missed!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

R.I.P.

He's dead and deserves now to be left alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

tbh, he was no Rick James

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

RIP, He will live on in the way Elvis has done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

basquille wrote: »
    <snip>
    Please don't invite that on thread..! :)

I've seen too many cruel ones over on the B3TA MessageBoards already!

The coffin moonwalking is very funny lol. Paul Gambuchini has just said MJ was 6 foot tall... it's incredible that a man of that stature can be felled. Didn't know tall people didn't die???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭AMixedBag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTzM4flKFKE
    they played this song on the radio.
    Im so depressed now because of that song...
    MJ, you were a legend!
    Rest In Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 BingBlangBlaow

AMixedBag wrote: »
    Lads dont laugh but im crying..
    The radio is playing his songs and Im crying..

RIP MJ, you are a true music legend and you will never be forgotten.

:eek:

My RIP is earlier in the thread but lets not go all Princess Di on this, lads.

I have only one glass of wine left here too.

/sheds tears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

When celebs pass away usually I dont really care that much but I really was a fan of Michaels music.

Billie Jean is without a doubt my favourite song of all time. He was a world class entertainer. Hope lessons are learned from his life though. That the 'American Dream' and celebrity isnt all its cracked up to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

I hope people will think of his kids and show a bit of respect in their hour of mourning.He was their father, and it's not fair on them that the world mocks him so openly even in his final hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

He never missed a beat before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Someone just brought my attention to this gem. Jackson and Slash, what a collaboration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Daroxtar wrote: »
    In all fairness though, he was a fukkin fruitcake. I mean genuinely whatever about his musical genius ya great and all that but he was cracked. Sorry . Had to say it. Its a pity he died and condolences to his family but in a weeks time we'll all be dosed up to the eyeballs on jackomania and sick to death of him. I probably wont buy the paper now for the next 2 weeks. Whats the point? There'd want to be something fkkn unreal happenin to get a mention. Let me know if there's a huge flash in the sky

Yep, there's be a frenzy alright. But its pretty huge news you've gotta admit. Probably the most iconic musician to die since John Lennon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

R.I.P Michael :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement