Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Im gutted...nothing more to say
    Rest in peace King of Pop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Asmodean wrote: »
    His music never really touched me in the way it he did many others on here but RIP nonetheless.
    A word to anyone getting offedned by jokes/insults. They're just words don't take it to heart so much.

FYP

* ducks and runs>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

What age was he anyways ?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

what a legend. will be missed. r.i.p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

wow, i'm shocked, RIP Michael :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Barr wrote: »

Fifty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Barr wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

He was 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bloody hell. Listening to Heal The World now. Depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

To all you begrudgers of a bit of comic reaction, I hope y'all enjoy the view from the moral high ground.

As said earlier, let the mourners mourn and let the jokers joke (in good taste obviously), it is AH after all.

RIP Michael.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sky News is going all "Jade Goody" on it now... repeating the same interviews again and again.. showing the same aerial shot of of hospital in LA and re-iterating "in case you haven't heard.. Michael Jackson, The King of Pop' is dead.

Time to watch something a bit more upbeat!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I bet talks of a movie of his life story will be announced in the next few weeks with someone like Johnny Depp to play "white" Michael Jackson. Hollywood will jump all over this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Very sad loss.

RIP Michael..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I'm of an age were I remember the lads wearing the white socks and the lame imitation leather jackets to look like Michael Jackson!

He defined a generation of music and will be missed. Regardless of what went on in his personal life he was a great musician. I don't think he had the easiest upbringing himself so there was bound to be some wierdness in his life.

R.I.P. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Never has anyone flown so high and died so low ...RIP MJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

cornbb wrote: »
    Yep, there's be a frenzy alright. But its pretty huge news you've gotta admit. Probably the most iconic musician to die since John Lennon.

Johnny Cash far more influential IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

As people have been saying, regardless of his flaws he entertained endlessly throughout his life, and he will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭patmac

Wow, he's dead, good singer, good artist, one great album but he was let's face it really messed up, probably due to his father. Still I find it hard to feel sad about someone who squandered his money on a theme park for young children whom he admitted sleeping with.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I bet talks of a movie of his life story will be announced in the next few weeks with someone like Johnny Depp to play "white" Michael Jackson. Hollywood will jump all over this
    Inevitable with any celebrity death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭AMixedBag

:eek:

My RIP is earlier in the thread but lets not go all Princess Di on this, lads.

I have only one glass of wine left here too.

/sheds tears

Blame my mother, shes the one balling her eyes out..
    and shes starting me up!..
    so ssshhh, don't tell anyone!
    C'mon though, he was a younger and skinnier version of elvis with a high-pitched voice.
    Can't get over it though, he's actually dead..:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I can't talk

RIP MICHAEL JACKSON

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

basquille wrote: »
    Sky News is going all "Jade Goody" on it now... repeating the same interviews again and again.. showing the same aerial shot of of hospital in LA and re-iterating "in case you haven't heard.. Michael Jackson, The King of Pop' is dead.

Time to watch something a bit more upbeat!
    Think Behind Enemy Lines is on RTE 2.... :P

Please Keep On Topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

JCDUB wrote: »
    To all you begrudgers of a bit of comic reaction, I hope y'all enjoy the view from the moral high ground.

As said earlier, let the mourners mourn and let the jokers joke (in good taste obviously), it is AH after all.

RIP Michael.

Why should we if we think its distasteful towards his three young children.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yep, there's be a frenzy alright. But its pretty huge news you've gotta admit. Probably the most iconic musician to die since John Lennon.

That's the second reference to John Lennon on this thread which is a bit OTT.

One reason, Lennon was assasinated.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

mod's some of the quotes here are ridiculous!This is disgraceful
    Boards.ie is a disgrace.

Maybe its an Irish thing to be so heartless about three young children losing their father.
    I have gone through this thread thrice trying to remove anything offensive. Please continue to report any posts.

RIP Michael.

I can understand your POV but just for now, for tonight lets have an RIP thread. Since we are all logged on here and all and the man was a musical legend. Lets spend the night sleeping thinking about funny jokes to tell over the water cooler and not go down the path of demanding the freedom to anonymously poke fun at the dead some hours after they have died.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Elizabeth Taylor is being brought to the hospital now, bet she didnt think she'd outlive him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Johnny Cash far more influential IMO

Fair enough, its a matter of opinion and I won't argue with you. But the point is he was a true legend. "Legend" is an overused word but its not hyperbole to claim that Jacko was the King of Pop and the best in the world at doing what he did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

jamieh wrote: »
    Never has anyone flown so high and died so low ...RIP MJ

you following British foreign minister David Milliband on twitter ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

Fair enough, its a matter of opinion and I won't argue with you. But the point is he was a true legend. "Legend" is an overused word but its not hyperbole to claim that Jacko was the King of Pop and the best in the world at doing what he did.

well said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement