Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

cornbb wrote: »
    Fair enough, its a matter of opinion and I won't argue with you. But the point is he was a true legend. "Legend" is an overused word but its not hyperbole to claim that Jacko was the King of Pop and the best in the world at doing what he did.

He was de-throned many many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Why should we if we think its distasteful towards his three young children.

Well his kids won't be reading this or probably any other forum and it is after hours.... never hugely respectful in here.

Yeah it's sad for his kids but given how mad he appeared to be you'd wonder how much contact they actually had with him.

Whilst not proven, though maybe commonly accepted, I can't see me ever mourn a paedophile... regardless of how f***ed up he was and how much maybe he didn't know any better. Feel sorry for his kids obviously but I'm not bother about the guys death tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

JCDUB wrote: »
    Johnny Cash far more influential IMO

i love johnny cash but imo there's no1 on the planet more influential than him and there never will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Iskenderun

A superstar has died. RIP

I can understand your POV but just for now, for tonight lets have an RIP thread. Since we are all logged on here and all and the man was a musical legend. Lets spend the night sleeping thinking about funny jokes to tell over the water cooler and not go down the path of demanding the freedom to anonymously poke fun at the dead some hours after they have died.

Sorry was writing when you posted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Mahou

Born a year after Shane MacGowan and brown bread before Shane MacGowan.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Well his kids won't be reading this or probably any other forum and it is after hours.... never hugely respectful in here.

Yeah it's sad for his kids but given how mad he appeared to be you'd wonder how much contact they actually had with him.

Whilst not proven, though maybe commonly accepted, I can't see me ever mourn a paedophile... regardless of how f***ed up he was and how much maybe he didn't know any better. Feel sorry for his kids obviously but I'm not bother about the guys death tbh.

Might come as a shock but he was proven innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

robby^5 wrote: »
    He was de-throned many many years ago.

By whom? New names/faces have come along and replaced him but no-one has come close to matching his achievements and talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 IrishToffees

The mans music was ground breaking but he lost his marbles years ago. News doesnt suprise me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

If you had to make a comparison, I think it's more like Elvis's death rather than John Lennon's tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I won't be making any comments because it is impossible to know where the line is and is very easy to get banned

so much for freedom of speech

That_Guy wrote: »
    Might come as a shock but he was proven innocent.

Which is why I started that line with "whilst not proven"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Whatever bad you can say about the man, there's no denying that he was a great musician and entertainer.

And for all the bad **** he may have done, worse was probably done to him growing up in a world of performing, and abuse by his dad.

What a sad life for someone so iconic

Was he a musician??

<snip>

Never really got the appeal of him tbh, always thought his songs were a bit bland, did he even write them or were they written for him?

Sha mon!!! was probably his best contribution

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Yep, there's be a frenzy alright. But its pretty huge news you've gotta admit. Probably the most iconic musician to die since John Lennon.
    No Rory Gallagher was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 BingBlangBlaow

AMixedBag wrote: »
    Blame my mother, shes the one balling her eyes out..
    and shes starting me up!..
    so ssshhh, don't tell anyone!
    C'mon though, he was a younger and skinnier version of elvis with a high-pitched voice.
    Can't get over it though, he's actually dead..:(

It is sad :( I will never forget the day I heard John Candy died. :(

Some good news though! I found another bottle of wine! w00t!

I won't be making any comments because it is impossible to know where the line is and is very easy to get banned

Freedom of speech and AH don't usually go hand in hand to be honest. Save the jokes for the pub tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

mcowhey wrote: »
    i love johnny cash but imo there's no1 on the planet more influential than him and there never will be

No fúcking need to have this argument now....and that's coming from a huge JC fan.

Michael Jackson was one of the biggest influences to people in the history of music. A little ahead of my time to be able to know the hype but to see my ma crying after his passing of what I thought was a freakshow says something.

May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

PK2008 wrote: »

Never really got the appeal of him tbh, always thought his songs were a bit bland, did he even write them or were they written for him?

MJ comes from a time when pop artists were able to both write music and play instruments. I loved his bass lines.

Which is why I started that line with "whilst not proven"

My bad. Didn't see that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

That_Guy wrote: »
    Freedom of speech and AH don't usually go hand in hand to be honest. Save the jokes for the pub tomorrow.

I never do the sick jokes, just voice my own opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

By whom? New names/faces have come along and replaced him but no-one has come close to matching his achievements and talent.

I'd say Madonna is as famous or an iconic figure and was able to sustain her success since the 80's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭AMixedBag

It is sad :( I will never forget the day I heard John Candy died. :(

Some good news though! I found another bottle of wine! w00t!

John who??
    oh good for you :pac:
    Damn, Im depressed. My mother is playing MJ songs downstairs at full volume, crying.
    Depressing..

Burgo wrote: »

If you made that site I commend you for wasting your money on the domain name and for taking the time to enlarge the word NO. *applauds*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

You have the freedom of speech you can say what you want to anyone you want, just not on a forum that could be prosecuted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Found out about this tonight in the pub whilst standing beside Bill Bailey. Weird night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 BingBlangBlaow

I'd say Madonna is as famous or an iconic figure and was able to sustain her success since the 80's.

True.

Is Cardiac arrest a heart attack as we would know it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I'm so sad :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

2 greats on the one stage. MJ and James Brown! Never seen this before but i thought it was great. It shows 2 legends like they will always be remembered... entertaining millions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeFUvW5YInQ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 IrishToffees

Prescribitions meds addict. The guy could never deal with his massive fame. Classic child star syndrome!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement