Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

The circumstances of Jackson's death remain unclear. Law enforcement sources said that Los Angeles Police Department robbery-homicide detectives have opened an investigation into the death, though they stressed there is no evidence of criminal wrongdoing. The detectives plan to interview relatives, friends and Jackson's doctors to try to figure out what happened. The L.A. County coroner's office will determine a cause of death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 BingBlangBlaow

AMixedBag wrote: »
    John who??
    oh good for you :pac:
    Damn, Im depressed. My mother is playing MJ songs downstairs at full volume, crying.
    Depressing..

Ear plugs or just use toilet roll. It will help in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ignoring his music (would have been a bigger Prince fan in the early 80's) the Thriller video was a breakthrough in music videos. That was truely a breakthrough in what a music video could be.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

I'd say Madonna is as famous or an iconic figure and was able to sustain her success since the 80's.

feel free to mention Johnny cash but dont even try put madonna on any par with Michael Jackson just no

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

True.

Is Cardiac arrest a heart attack as we would know it?

Cardiac Arrest is when the heart stops completely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

That_Guy wrote: »
    If you made that site I commend you for wasting your money on the domain name and for taking the time to enlarge the word NO. *applauds*

All well and good until some Michael Jackson nut fan buys it off him for 500,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

True.

Dr. Bollocko will tell us now... :)
    Yeah, it's a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

foxinsox wrote: »
    The circumstances of Jackson's death remain unclear. Law enforcement sources said that Los Angeles Police Department robbery-homicide detectives have opened an investigation into the death, though they stressed there is no evidence of criminal wrongdoing. The detectives plan to interview relatives, friends and Jackson's doctors to try to figure out what happened. The L.A. County coroner's office will determine a cause of death.

Oh, here starts the tabloid speculation.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

True.

I think with cardiac arrest the heart stops beating and needs immediate medical attention to be restarted where as a heart attack the heart continues to beat albeit not rhythmically.

But I'm no medical expert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

mcowhey wrote: »
    feel free to mention Johnny cash but dont even try put madonna on any par with Michael Jackson just no

In terms of talent no, in terms of fame yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

2 greats on the one stage. MJ and James Brown! Never seen this before but i thought it was great. It shows 2 legends like they will always be remembered... entertaining millions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeFUvW5YInQ

Fcuk me that brought a tear to my eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭AMixedBag

Ear plugs or just use toilet roll. It will help in the short term.
    I like the music..
    its just her screams of sadness is what is annoying me.
    I can hear her OVER the music..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Such a sad day - R.I.P. MJ, you were a true legend.

As for the bastards bashing on him, sure he was weird in the last decade... but I refuse to believe of the molestation charges - which were devisedsome leeching parents coaching their kid to spread lies to which, thanks to media, had a seriously negative impact on him ever since.

Cardiac Arrest is when the heart stops completely
    I think with cardiac arrest the heart stops beating and needs immediate medical attention to be restarted where as a heart attack the heart continues to beat albeit not rhythmically.

But I'm no medical expert.

Thanks for the info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ban IMO.

Why?

You don't agree with his opinion of Michael Jackson?

Backseat moderating can be a ban as well. Report the post if you think its trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

In terms of talent no, in terms of fame yes.

oh ok sorry for sounding lik a prick, just never have or will rate madonna

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I feel choked, depressed, I can't sleep.
    So gutted and sad, fan all my life and was going to my first concert this July.

I don't know what to do anymore, I loved music because of him, the world will go crazy for the next few months about this. No one reached his level of fame.

RIP Michael Jackson, King of Pop: The Man, The myth, The Legend.

Prescribitions meds addict. The guy could never deal with his massive fame. Classic child star syndrome!

I am sure you know all about it buddy!

Let me get your throne!!

Fúcking muck muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

cornbb wrote: »
    By whom? New names/faces have come along and replaced him but no-one has come close to matching his achievements and talent.

Well I would say that Madonna is the current "Queen" of pop but gender aside she would be the top living legend of pop at the moment (I would have classified her as that before MJ died too) and she's still going at it whereas MJ hasn't put out a relevant album in 15 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I feel really, really sad. I even cried a bit, still am.

RIP Michael, amazing music and basically tortured by the media. It's finally over.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=180369581240

****inell, buy for one doller sell for two , jus business!!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I love you more than Jesus Michael Jackson

RIP

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

hold on there. the man was a kiddie fiddler. what makes him any different to all the priests in the news at the moment. you all want to go out and protest about them but because mj can sing a tune he is alright and we should just leave him alone ?

hypocritical much?

Where was that ever proved please tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Moderators would usually be very quick to move a MJ thread to the music forum. (eg. Oasis thread last Sunday)

So why not this one? I don't see any difference. Just because Jacko has died and this thread is getting loads of hits, they decide to keep this one.

I know the music forum already has a MJ thread, but just combine the two like ye did to the Oasis threads last week.

It belongs in the the music forum. I hate this selective crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

will there be an autopsy? are his family still jehovahs witnesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Me: The way SKY are showing it you'd think it was 9/11
    Brother: It pretty much is for all the touters who bought loads of concert tickets to sell.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Well, the BBC have reported it so I believe it. RIP Michael Jackson. As I said, I'll remember him fondly. Hard to believe he was alive yesterday (it's after midnight) morning and dead now. I can imagine his funeral is gonna be absolutely mobbed. If I was anywhere near I'd go.

• Advertisement

Why?

You don't agree with his opinion of Michael Jackson?

Backseat moderating can be a ban as well. Report the post if you think its trolling.

How do I report a post?
    hold on there. the man was a kiddie fiddler. what makes him any different to all the priests in the news at the moment. you all want to go out and protest about them but because mj can sing a tune he is alright and we should just leave him alone ?

hypocritical much?

Like this one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement