Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

K-9 wrote: »
    Oh, here starts the tabloid speculation.

Tabloid sideshow completely devoid of ethical journalism is more like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

His death is surreal! People will be crying in the streets at his funeral. No-one has ever been as famous as him, no-one ever will be. He was the Elvis of the generation. Always will be the King of Pop.

RIP Michael. Gone but not forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Madonna is the most successful leech in the history of pop, consistently changing her style to take advantage of who/what happens to be popular at the time, to mask her own lack of talent. She has never been a leader, always a follower.

Michael Jackson on the other hand blazed a trail of pop, funk rock and soul, he could sing, he could dance, and he could write tunes too. The fact that he's released nothing in years is a result of his personal circumstances, not a lack of legend-ness.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Mahou

J.S. Pill wrote: »
    I love you more than Jesus Michael Jackson

RIP

Is that the South american guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Christ, if you're going to start a thread about Michael Jackson and how he's dead (R.I.P., buddy), at least spell his name right! He had been around long enough for you to figure out how his bloody name was spelled! :mad:

'Michel' indeed.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

How do I report a post?

Like this one?

Press the "!" in the bottom left corner.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Christ, if you're going to start a thread about Michael Jackson and how he's dead (R.I.P., buddy), at least spell his name right! He had been around long enough for you to figure out how his bloody name was spelled! :mad:

Haha
    I didn't notice.
    But I do know an anagram of Jim Morrison when I see one!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

BlackMamba wrote: »
    His death is surreal! People will be crying in the streets at his funeral. No-one has ever been as famous as him, no-one ever will be. He was the Elvis of the generation. Always will be the King of Pop.

RIP Michael. Gone but not forgotten.

Jesus begs to differ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭wildsaffy

Pink Bunny - he was acquitted. I feel more angry about those money grabbing parents looking to make a quick buck. If they were so sincere they would have settled for a public apology.....

Irish Produce -would that be "poor Irish produce"?

Irish Toffees - thanks for the voice of experience....

Madonna? MADONNA? And what the heck is a "relevant" album? MJ's music is "relevant" across the ages ...

Am off to kick a fluffy moving target. Some people talk complete tosh.

Good call to be fair :)

• Advertisement

hold on there. the man was a kiddie fiddler. what makes him any different to all the priests in the news at the moment. you all want to go out and protest about them but because mj can sing a tune he is alright and we should just leave him alone ?

hypocritical much?

Yeah but he had a really horrible childhood AND he was a really talented musician. That apparently makes everything ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Moderators would usually be very quick to move a MJ thread to the music forum. (eg. Oasis thread last Sunday)

So why not this one? I don't see any difference. Just because Jacko has died and this thread is getting loads of hits, they decide to keep this one.

I know the music forum already has a MJ thread, but just combine the two like ye did to the Oasis threads last week.

It belongs in the the music forum. I hate this selective crap.

The story kinda goes beyond music.

Although I think it's hilarious how people will use anything to gripe about moderators. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ronoc wrote: »
    Yeah but he had a really horrible childhood AND he was a really talented musician. That apparently makes everything ok.

He was found innocent.

end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

RIP Michael.

He is the biggest superstar i can think of right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Moderators would usually be very quick to move a MJ thread to the music forum. (eg. Oasis thread last Sunday)

So why not this one? I don't see any difference. Just because Jacko has died and this thread is getting loads of hits, they decide to keep this one.

I know the music forum already has a MJ thread, but just combine the two like ye did to the Oasis threads last week.

It belongs in the the music forum. I hate this selective crap.

To be fair, MJ can't be compared to ****ing Oasis :rolleyes:

I mean, everyone in the world knows who he is. He ushered in the era of the music video, changed the face of pop and made some good music in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

How do I report a post?

Like this one?

There's a red and white triangle with a ! in the bottom left corner of the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Haha
    I didn't notice.
    But I do know an anagram of Jim Morrison when I see one!

I did, ages ago. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 IrishToffees

I am sure you know all about it buddy!

Let me get your throne!!

Fúcking muck muck.

You’re obviously a MJ obsessed fan. Answer one question, why did he settle for an EIGHT figure sum in his SECOND child molestation trial??? Grow up and smell the coffee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Where was that ever proved please tell me?

It wasn't, but there was doubts.

OK, Take OJ. Not convicted in a criminal system "beyond reasonable doubt" but yes, in a civil court, "on the balance of probabilities".

The families of the Omagh bombers victims used the same idea.

It's generally accepted that MJ settled a case or 2, so it does leave questions.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Maybe everyone hates you, Ollie.

I meant the selection of threads that are moved to other forums from after hours. Like, lets keep this one, it's getting loads of HITS. I just don't get it!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

wildsaffy wrote: »
    Pink Bunny - he was acquitted.

so was OJ

and none of priest that were mentioned were ever convicted either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jesus begs to differ

seriously Michael Jackson is bigger **** he's bigger than the beatles and they in turn were bigger than jesus (or they'd have you believe)

either way MJ prob bigger than JC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

ronoc wrote: »

So the fact that he was repeatedly acquitted in court means nothing, or have ye forgotten about that? I thought the facts were reasonably clear regarding MJ and children, but apparently accusations, media hype and innuendo are enough to make someone a "kiddie fiddler" in some people's eyes, what a sad world we live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I was in a hurry to post it, slightly pissed and made a mistake. BIG ****ING DEAL.

I did, ages ago. :cool:

:D

SV wrote: »
    He was found innocent.

end of.

And nothing you have seen or heard since makes you think that was wrong?

He had a kids fair complete with big wheel in his garden for christsakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

I meant the selection of threads that are moved to other forums from after hours. Like, lets keep this one, it's getting loads of HITS. I just don't get it!

Who cares where it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

can there not be arguments of the did he didnt he do it, lets leave something for the tabloids

RonMexico wrote: »
    I was in a hurry to post it, slightly pissed and made a mistake. BIG ****ING DEAL.

What, like, on yourself in your mad rush to spread the word? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

so was OJ

OJ was later found guilty in a civil court.

Anyway, the analogy doesn't fit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement