Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Rsaeire wrote: »
    It sounds easy because it isn't hard. She established herself in the 80s, used sex to further her career and then plagiarized other artists' music to remain successful. When you have enough money you can do pretty much anything.

Moving on, Michael Jackson will always remain the greatest artist to ever live. Regardless of what industry awards he has won throughout his 40+ year career, he's created music that is timeless and is still played in bars and clubs around the world to this day.

Then why didn't Lita Ford,Joan Jett,Tina Turner,Annie Lennox,Pat Benatar,Belinda Carlisle,Stevie Nicks,Martha Davis,Bangles,Go-go's,Olivia Newton-John,Sheena Easton,Alison Moyet,Laura Branigan,Deborah Harry,Whitney Houston,Patti LaBelle,Cyndi Lauper remain successful.

The reason is she was smarter and had more determination.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

ronoc wrote: »
    I agree on its own it is totally unfair but the fact he was in court twice along with the other dropped case following on from the infamous Bashir interview..
    The general sleazy way he talks about kids in glowing loving terms in those interviews.. I could go on but I'll stop there.

I'm not going to convince MJ fans, MJ fans arn't going to convince normal people so I'll just stop there to be honest.

The one fact that most people will agree on is that there were kids staying at his mansion pretty often, which I'll agree was an inappropriate and stupendously stupid thing to do. But that fact alone doesn't prove that anything worse happened. All it takes is for one hysterical parent to get dollar signs flashing in their eyes and its a very small leap from there to haul the guy into court (and more significantly through the media) to cash in and tarnish his name.

Despite the fact that he did that stupid and inappropriate thing, no-one has ever come close to proving that he abused children - everyone agrees that he was a bit dysfunctional (i.e. nuts) and therefore didn't realise that maybe it was inappropriate to be alone with kids - and times have certainly changed since then - no sane teacher/sports coach in the country will allow themselves to be in a room with a kid for fear of being accused of the same thing. Once the dirty word "paedophile" starts getting thrown around it becomes very difficult to clear one's name, even given the lack of hard condemning evidence, as this thread has shown. Being a bit creepy, which I'll admit he was at times, does not make him guilty of anything.

I wouldn't go so far as to describe myself as a serious fan of his by the way, I just enjoy his music to the same extent that hundreds of millions of other people have done.

I'm going to shut up now as I don't think his passing should be commemorated by arguments like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

MJ owns Madonna, theres no arguement there.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

I hope he's Remembered as a musical genius, instead of all the bad things thats happened in his life.
    What a life .

R.I.P Michael Jackson ... Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Stop trying to make Michael Jackson jokes. They've all been done and you look stupid. It's not even a respect thing at this stage. it's just lame. All the jokes have been done I promise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 BingBlangBlaow

Joycey wrote: »
    f5? and there was I hitting ctrl-r, this is the last place i expected to learn something :p

Didi you see my comment? I can't find it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

is anyone else getting sick of this bloody "joke" ????

Nope. Its new to me.

Not particularly offensive I think. Sorry if it has been posted already. Hard to look through 600+ posts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

phasers wrote: »
    Stop trying to make Michael Jackson jokes. They've all been done and you look stupid. It's not even a respect thing at this stage. it's just lame. All the jokes have been done I promise.

All of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

he's created music that is timeless and is still played in bars and clubs around the world to this day.

Well Said ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

He really said it all here about all the ****e he had to put up with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I was listening to his songs this morning knowing full well he's well and alive and I'm gonna see my hero next July, now I have nothing. He fuelled me to learn music and love music. No one else came close.

Legend RIP, RIP LEGENDARY Musician, Songwriter, Singer, Actor, Arranger, Producer, Dancer, Choreographer, Composer and most importantly Entertainer Michael Joseph Jackson.

He deserves his peace after his stressful life.

phasers wrote: »
    #

Your thanks will come. Be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LEGEND24

ur gonna get loads of anti-jacko jokes n texts frm now on!!! but at end of day tho guys/girls, he was a legend!! a music genius,someone who hit home at everybody,someone whos songs touched somebody n everyone at some stage in life!! a true genius, a LEGEND!!! R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I blame the moonlight

/waves at Dr. B

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

cornbb wrote: »
    The one fact that most people will agree on is that there were kids staying at his mansion pretty often, which I'll agree was an inappropriate and stupendously stupid thing to do. But that fact alone doesn't prove that anything worse happened. All it takes is for one hysterical parent to get dollar signs flashing in their eyes and its a very small leap from there to haul the guy into court (and more significantly through the media) to cash in and tarnish his name.

Despite the fact that he did that stupid and inappropriate thing, no-one has ever come close to proving that he abused children - everyone agrees that he was a bit dysfunctional (i.e. nuts) and therefore didn't realise that maybe it was inappropriate to be alone with kids - and times have certainly changed since then - no sane teacher/sports coach in the country will allow themselves to be in a room with a kid for fear of being accused of the same thing. Once the dirty word "paedophile" starts getting thrown around it becomes very difficult to clear one's name, even given the lack of hard condemning evidence, as this thread has shown.

I wouldn't go so far as to describe myself as a serious fan of his by the way, I just enjoy his music to the same extent that hundreds of millions of other people have done.

I'm going to shut up now as I don't think his passing should be commemorated by arguments like this.

I completely accept that. I hate seeing "sure he had a merry go round at his house, sure that makes him guilty" lines too!

I'll leave it there too, though I can see why it's a controversial subject.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Michael must be looking down on the world now so sad, so disappointed. His children never saw him perform and he lived to show them what he was and forever will be.

RIP Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Then why didn't Lita Ford,Joan Jett,Tina Turner,Annie Lennox,Pat Benatar,Belinda Carlisle,Stevie Nicks,Martha Davis,Bangles,Go-go's,Olivia Newton-John,Sheena Easton,Alison Moyet,Laura Branigan,Deborah Harry,Whitney Houston,Patti LaBelle,Cyndi Lauper remain successful.

The reason is she was smarter and had more determination.
    If you call being a sell out smarter, then we're going to have to agree to disagree. A lot of the artists you mention are in the music industry to create music, not simply remain famous by whoring themselves through the press. Madonna is simply not musically talented. Argue all you want, this is my opinion. Comparing her to some of the artists in your last post simply goes to show how different "artists" like Madonna are in comparison to musical legends like Michael Jackson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 IrishToffees

His children might now be able to live a semi normal life and not have to wear masks and be dangled from 4th floor windows!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

In the space of a few hours ive heard ever possible joke and TBH theyre all sh!t and I giggle at tin-foil for fcuk sake.
    All I know is that a great entertainer has been lost. I'm not talkin about the trials,personal life or anything here. I'm talking about some of the greatest music ever done. Can anyone here say they havnt tried to moonwalk cause of him, that on some drunken halloween you didnt try and do the dance to thriller and thats you didnt want to turn into a car or robot at some stage(moonwalker was the 1st film I saw in the cinema :D).
    Well all I can say is RIP MJ. Youll be remembered for your music and god knows ill still be listening to the Thriller album in 20/30/40 years :)

Michael must be looking down on the world now so sad, so disappointed. His children never saw him perform and he lived to show them what he was and forever will be.

RIP Legend

OK, you have stated your position on this matter. No point in repeating it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Kindly GTFO with the paedo jokes folks. Not interested in that on this forum.
    Fair warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

RIP Michael Jackson.

Great artist and very tragic his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭scull2009

"he's in a better place, moonwalking in heaven"
    some of the quotes and what people are saying on the news channels etc in america are just stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

<SNIP> Quote blaming it on the boogie.

is anyone else getting sick of this bloody "joke" ????

The world has lost a legend.

RIP Michael

You have to remember you're on a thread where alot of users probably weren't even concieved when Jackson released dangerous. :p

Now if poker in the face herself happpened to pop her clogs tomorrow, they'd all be screaming what a genius the loser is :D

anyways RIP Michael Jackson. Regardless of whatever, he was a true musical genius.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

R.i.p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

LEGEND24 wrote: »
    ur gonna get loads of anti-jacko jokes n texts frm now on!!! but at end of day tho guys/girls, he was a legend!! a music genius,someone who hit home at everybody,someone whos songs touched somebody n everyone at some stage in life!! a true genius, a LEGEND!!! R.I.P

i really would use different wording for some of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

RIP Michael Jackson :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

If you call being a sell out smarter, then we're going to have to agree to disagree. A lot of the artists you mention are in the music industry to create music, not simply remain famous by whoring themselves through the press. Madonna is simply not musically talented. Argue all you want, this is my opinion. Comparing her to some of the artists in your last post simply goes to show how different "artists" like Madonna are in comparison to musical legends like Michael Jackson.

Madonna's name was brought up in terms of fame and success compared to Michael Jackson not talent.

I posted earlier that she was not as talented but probably the most consistently successful music act ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 IrishToffees

Bud I aint the one thats crying tonight. I Find it amazing how people can defend a guy who behaved the way he has just because he has musical talent. Unreal!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

scull2009 wrote: »
    "he's in a better place, moonwalking in heaven"
    some of the quotes and what people are saying on the news channels etc in america are just stupid

The two words go hand in hand:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement