Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

R.I.P to the worlds greatest ever entertainer.
    It's easy to be sensationalistic and jump on the bandwagon as regards his accusations.
    End of the day, nothing was proved despite the want some people have to treat him as such. Not defending him either but....
    The fact is though he inspired millions of people for many years and will now be mourned as such by those people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

He was like no other and we all know it.

I agree he was like no other and I am thankful for that. One was enough..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 BingBlangBlaow

Thread title edited - CHAT, NOT JOKES.

Is funny chat ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Des wrote: »
    gotta wonder about people getting so upset about the death of a fooking celebrity.

get a life tbh
    The man was a huge inspiration to a lot of people. I loved his work and greatly admired him. I felt a lot of pity for him when he went through his court cases. I am sad that he died.

Don't tell me how to f*cking feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

OK Chat not Jokes then. I am not sad he's dead. He was a mediocre artist with spurious relationships with children to say the least. Gonna report this one BingBlangBlaow?

RIP Farrah Fawcett.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

gotta wonder about people getting so upset about the death of a fooking celebrity.

get a life tbh

Who said I'm upset?:rolleyes:

You need to get a life, insulting people on the internet..what are you 10?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Mahou

He was like no other and we all know it. I doubt I'll sleep tonight. Im listening to every track he's made and watching every video again. So f*cking depressed.

No school tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

get a life tbh

I take your point if we're talking about Jordan or Kerry Katona.

This is Michael Jackson - More than celebrity. Cultural icon. Either catch yourself or go to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

phasers wrote: »

touchy.

Same as the idiots getting upset over Katy French, Diana and Jade.

Never knew the person, but decide becaue they read OK, Hello and whatever other ragball magazines that they are party to intimate details of these people's lives.

I think it's stupid and ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Just on the news now.....it's being investigated by the Robbery / Homicide dept.

The plot thickens........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

touchy.

Never knew the person, but decide becaue they read OK, Hello and whatever other ragball magazines that they are party to intimate details of these people's lives.

Shes upset because a musician whose work she liked has died. Thats a perfectly reasonable excuse to be upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

phasers wrote: »
    The man was a huge inspiration to a lot of people. I loved his work and greatly admired him. I felt a lot of pity for him when he went through his court cases. I am sad that he died.

wow!! cool your jets there. nobody was telling you how to feel. they were just amazed that you feel the way you do. to be honest, I'm sure people who dont know you personally couldnt give a f*ck if you crawl under a MoonWalker duvet and sobbed your eyes out in MJ pj's listening to Dirty Diana on loop.

to reiterate, he wasnt telling you how to feel, just saying he cant believe people are getting upset about a celeb. feel whatever way you want but dont be surprised if people dont share your emotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

keefg wrote: »
    Just on the news now.....it's being investigated by the Robbery / Homicide dept.

The plot thickens........

Yeah but apparently only because yer man who runs that is the one who's most used to handling high profile cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Joycey wrote: »
    At the end of the day you cant get away from the fact that he made utterly sh1te music. The fact that his death has taken attention away from things that actually matter make me wish that he wasnt dead, other then that I am completely indifferent
    Well done. You have a different opinion to the majority of the planet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

touchy.

Your comparing a musical genius who entertained and was loved by millions if not more than a billion to a low level model, a member of Royalty and a big brother contestant.

No comment. No comment. You obviously do not appreciate music.

He is a legend, those "magazines" were what spread lies about him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

R.I.P, he touched many people in his lifetime.

touchy.

Then don't read/watch/listen to...the thread/other media it's been talked about on then. Simple. Nobodies forcing you to read the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

The_Edge wrote: »

The guys phone has been ringing off the hook apparently: http://radio.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.michaeljacksontalkradio.com

If you thought some one was dead why would you ring them?? How does the conversation go:

Anne: Hi Michael
    Michael: Hi Anne! How are you?
    Anne: Great! Just wondering if you were dead much?
    Michael: .....no

Thats a perfectly reasonable excuse to be upset.

It's not.

I'm old enough to remember Kurt Cobain's death.

I said the same then.

I love the guy's music, but I didn't spend days in mourning.

Nobody posting here knew the man, how they can be upset about the death of someone they neither know or ever met defies all logic.

I think it's silly being "upset" about this.

If any clown takes tomorrow off work in my job, I'll complain to HR

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Blay wrote: »
    Then don't read/watch/listen to...the thread/other media it's been talked about on then. Simple. Nobodies forcing you to read the thread.

Blay, please attack the post, as in the comment I have quoted above and not the poster as per the previous comment I have not highlighted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I would re-iterate again to any late comers to the thread.
    Paedo jokes = bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

touchy.

He made a significant cultural contribution that shaped the music that we listen to today. 750,000,000 people around the world liked him enough to go out and buy his records. Mentioning his name in the same breath as those other fleeting celebrities is an insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

It's not.

I said the same then.

Nobody posting here knew the man, how they can be upset about the death of someone they neither know or ever met defies all logic.

Taking days off work etc is over the top, I'm not arguing that. But you can be upset at a musicians death for the simple reason that you can never again see them in concert/hear new songs from them. And if you like something, its reasonable to be upset when its gone.

Blay wrote: »
    Your a real crusader aren't ya?:rolleyes:

crusader nothing.

I just can't abide this fake outpouring of "grief".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It's not.

I said the same then.

Enjoy being one of few at work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

touchy.

Jesus Des.In all honesty, shut up!
    You might think its stupid and your entitled to but theres no point in belitting someone who looks at it different. You might class him the same as Jade for some bizarre reason but others are still massive fans of his and you have no right to look down on those who actually got upset by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

It's not.

I said the same then.

People have different reactions to different things. I can't fathom anyone that cries to soaps, but yerra sure, people do anyway. People/celebrities represent different things to different people. But yeah, taking a day off work or letting a celebrity death get in the way of normal life is abit over the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Acoustic

the beatles might get their music back

• Advertisement

crusader nothing.

I just can't abide this fake outpouring of "grief".

Taking a day off work is a bit much I'll admit but a quick "it's a sad day/RIP etc" isn't over the top is it?:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement