Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Des wrote: »
    touchy.

Same as the idiots getting upset over Katy French, Diana and Jade.

Never knew the person, but decide becaue they read OK, Hello and whatever other ragball magazines that they are party to intimate details of these people's lives.

I think it's stupid and ridiculous.

I disagree, you can't compare
    Katy French, Diana and Jade.

A.. model, A...model, and a BB ehm, celeb, to someone with actual musical genius.
    There is a point where in some threads, you have to say, maybe, just maybe, I just don't get this, perhaps?
    Regardless of whether you think it's ridiculous or not Michael Jackson may have similar iconic status to Elvis.

not a fan of those mags, but I know a bit about music of all eras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jesus Des.In all honesty, shut up!
    nope
    you have no right to look down on those who actually got upset by this.

how can someone be upset about the death of someone they have never even met.

oh, I liked his music, his death devastates me.

get a grip please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Paedo jokes = bans.

Unfair - the source material is so rich :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Iguana Bob

holy crap jacko is dead :eek: wasnt expecting that.
    he was savage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Your comparing a musical genius who entertained and was loved by millions if not more than a billion to a low level model, a member of Royalty and a big brother contestant.

He isn't immune to criticism, same as Jade, Diana or whoever the model is!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

jumpguy wrote: »
    People have different reactions to different things. I can't fathom anyone that cries to soaps, but yerra sure, people do anyway. But yeah, taking a day off work or letting a celebrity death get in the way of normal life is abit over the top.

His fans were obsessed with him. I was browsing his forums at michaeljackson.com(Which went down earlier today sadly because of pressure) but I remember just 2 weeks ago re curled his hair back to what it looked like in the 1990s and people went crazy and excitement flew through the roof, he was happy and ready to restart his career.

Always a heart attack that takes away the most talented of people.
    Eddie Guerrero died the same way at 32 years of age.

True that the best die young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I would re-iterate again to any late comers to the thread.
    Paedo jokes = bans.

Jaysus Doc, you got your work cut out for you tonight. This is going to rumble on 'til infinity.

Everything about the poor man was sad.... His upbringing, the waste of his talent for the last twenty years, the weird allegations, Everything was just sad....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

nope

get a grip please.
    guess you never had anyone inspire ye then...

pity. you should look into it sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Anyone see the American guy on Sky News a while ago? He said "Micheal Jackson, I thought he was invincible...and then he died....that just doesn't happen" I'm pretty sure it does mate:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Well I won't loose any sleep over it but RIP to a musical genius.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Jackson was more than a singer, look at what Rev. Jackson had to say about him, without him the world would be very, very different today.

Blay wrote: »
    Anyone see the American guy on Sky News a while ago? He said "Micheal Jackson, I thought he was invincible...and then he died....that just doesn't happen" I'm pretty sure it does mate:pac:

He said "immortal", not invincible, quit tryin to make puns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

I wonder how it happened. Did he see Ghosts and get scared? Was there Blood On the Dance Floor? Is he on Morphine? That's a Heartbreaker when it happens to someone so seemingly Unbreakable. I'm sure some people are Speechless. Whatever Happens, Don't Walk Away and Cry for the Lost Children. They can always try and bring him back with 2000 Watts of electricity. Whatever happens, just Keep the Faith. Death is part of Human Nature.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

nope

get a grip please.
    No you get a grip!
    You see it in black and white."Ive never met him, doesnt matter to me". Not everything is controlled by someone they met. Ever hear of an indirect influence? Theyre fcuk knows how many people who have been helped through tough times, tougher then you know, by different things.Coulda have been a movie,a book and for a lot of people it was probably music. Listening to his music could have helped people through family deaths, betrayel, anything really and they could feel eternally grateful to the person who created that music.This is how an artists death can upset someone.Not you but fcuk away from those it could have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

amacachi wrote: »
    Jackson was more than a singer, look at what Rev. Jackson had to say about him, without him the world would be very, very different today.

the world would be different if it wasnt for fritzel, hitler, stalin, goody, cobain, yorke, etc etc

I dont see your point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

What a music legend. I cant believe this.. some nice start to my 18th bday..
    had tickets and all for London.. ohwell. Hope he can finally RIP. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Eddie Guerrero died the same way at 32 years of age.
    You did not just compre MJ to Eddie guerrero. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

No you get a grip!

That really is the most magnificent Chin...

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

He said "immortal", not invincible, quit tryin to make puns.

:rolleyes:My intention wasn't to make a pun it was to make a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I've been to both his Ireland concerts in Cork and Dublin. A fantastic entertainer and a brilliant singer and dancer. Those who criticise are probably not old enough to appreciate all the great things he did for popular music in his time or are tainted by the tabloid press persona. While I won't take a day of work in mourning I will mourn none the less and recall in years to come where I was when the news broke.

The internet didn't exist when The King (Elvis for the uninitiated ;) ) passed, but I'll bet it would have hummed in equal amounts to this news.

Thank you for the music and all you've given us. RIP Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009)

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Thread title edited - CHAT, NOT JOKES.

Is funny chat ok?

Banned.
    Do not question an Admins decision on thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Seen the Rev. Al Sharpton playing the race card on Sky too.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

meh from me

i dont see how his anymore important than the 228 people that died on af447 but it was okay to laugh at them

rip though

Blay wrote: »
    :rolleyes:My intention wasn't to make a pun it was to make a joke..sorry Captain Serious.

Dude, its not funny...stop being so ignorant.

http://img171.imageshack.us/i/southpark33.jpg/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

It's not.

I'm old enough to remember Kurt Cobain's death.

That old? Wow. What about John Lennon? JFK death?
    Nobody posting here knew the man, how they can be upset about the death of someone they neither know or ever met defies all logic.

Eh, it doesn't defy any logic. IF somebody has an affinity with the man's music they may be upset that that will be missing in the future. I have to agree though taking time off work is a bit OTT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

No you get a grip!
    You see it in black and white."Ive never met him, doesnt matter to me". Not everything is controlled by someone they met. Ever hear of an indirect influence? Theyre fcuk knows how many people who have been helped through tough times, tougher then you know, by different things.Coulda have been a movie,a book and for a lot of people it was probably music. Listening to his music could have helped people through family deaths, betrayel, anything really and they could feel eternally grateful to the person who created that music.This is how an artists death can upset someone.Not you but fcuk away from those it could have!

jesus!! if thats what gets you through tough times, then go listen to a song now. indirect influence may affect people differently. i know music cheered me up when i was down but when an artist who made those songs died, i was saddened but wasnt deeply affected. but i really cant see why the Pro-mj'ers on here wont allow people to voice opinions against the ones they have.

You are entitled to be upset, and people are entitled to be puzzled as to why. In return you are entitled to question why they dont feel like you do. Thats kinda like a discussion really isnt it? But to tell people to "f*ck away" really defeats the purpose of a discussion forum now doesnt it?

sparky360 wrote: »
    the world would be different if it wasnt for fritzel, hitler, stalin, goody, cobain, yorke, etc etc

I dont see your point

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Great entertainer.

No you get a grip!
    You see it in black and white.

I think, sir, that you will find that that doesn't matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Im lost for words, was such a big part of my youth with Music, remember watching him in amazement and now he is gone, its surreal, wish it wasn't true.

What an entertainer, one of a kind.

R.I.P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement