Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

drug overdose I reckon

like most hollywood celbs .....

he prob realised he was fooked and could not do any gigs, i have to say i was gobsmacked when he announced 50 gigs

FIFTY...

lol

crazeyyy, but he was a genius has to be said, but this was long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Must say there are some mad people out there though saw this pic about three-quarters of an hour after he was announced dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

50 was some amount alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

However he died be it natural accidental or suicide, we still have the music remember that above all else.

Just wondering what Tv Show will make fun of his death first?

Family guy or South Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

whatduck wrote: »
    Must say there are some mad people out there though saw this pic about 3/4's of an hour after he was announced dead.
    jaysus thats a bit much alright. Tattooists should not do tatts like that. That person will be on the net and people will talk about his tatt for a day or two then he will be forgotten about. Pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Must say there are some mad people out there though saw this pic about three-quarters of an hour after he was announced dead.

Thats just scary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

fox tv just showed a pic of mj jackson bewing taken into the ambulance he was dead by that point!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Ya' know. When my Aunt Elizabeth died, we got all those saying how wonderful she was, what a great human being she was. NO, she was not. She was a miserable biatch, and moaned about everything all her life.
    Jacko contributed so much to world music, but he was no angel.
    End of story, tell it like it is.

I hate people who peddle this ****e time and time again. It was the same when the bloody pope died.

Right, nobody is denying he had flaws. Equally, nobody is saying he was an evil, child-molesting, satan-worshipping bastard. If anyone says these things, they are idiots. Simple as that - we don't know, we probably never will, it is not up to us to pass judgement.

I'm not getting into this, since its 3AM, but basically, there is a time and a place for everything. A time and a place to discuss a deceased person's character flaws is not at their funeral, and it certainly isn't a few hours after their passing. I'm referring more to the funeral comment than the stuff you said about MJ himself btw, since, to be fair, its unlikely people here will have any connections to himself, and as they say, we all react to these things in different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

seanybiker wrote: »
    jaysus thats a bit much alright. Tattooists should not do tatts like that. That person will be on the net and people will talk about his tatt for a day or two then he will be forgotten about. Pointless.
    Doubt it was a reputable one.Looks very messy and amateur to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 melissa4gar

no matter what went on in his personal life true or otherwise he was a very talented artist who had many hits and wrote and preformed with all his heart..... his personal life is what it is but as a loss to the music business and to people who enjoy good artists and preformers he will be greatly missed.

feel sorry for his family and children.

michael jackson aug 58 to july 09 RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 melissa4gar

mental person... why would you do that:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Poor kids; Michael Jackson Junior, Paris Michael Jackson and Prince Michael Jackson the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Goddammit! Another true legend gone forever, and at such a decent age! Man, even though me and all my mates have different tastes in music Queen and Micheal Jackson never failed to get a great response in the pub or a party from everyone.

Shìte!

I was at least hoping to see how he'd fare on the first concert of his comeback tour, or even get one more great tune outta him!

Cheers for the music and the moves, Jacko!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I was in the middle of a gig when i heard the news and i was genuinely shocked and saddened when i heard it. Say what you like about him personally but he was the Prince Of Pop. Finished off with Thriller and it brought the house down.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

allanb49 wrote: »
    However he died be it natural accidental or suicide, we still have the music remember that above all else.

Just wondering what Tv Show will make fun of his death first?

Family guy or South Park?

South Park won't.
    They're quite considerate of such things.
    They actually didn't depict him as a pedophile either.

Family Guy probably might. They like to be first to jump at such things and love making tasteless jokes.

The saddest part is this was around time when Michael was sorting himself out.
    I was watching an interview of Jermaine a while ago in which he was talking about how he was helping Michael sort his life out and such.
    Guess this world didn't give him the chance!!

Its a sad story.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

R.I.P Michael

I will never forget how your music always cheered me up after a bad day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 samantha2000

Jeebus wrote: »
    I hate people who peddle this ****e time and time again. It was the same when the bloody pope died.

Right, nobody is denying he had flaws. Equally, nobody is saying he was an evil, child-molesting, satan-worshipping bastard. If anyone says these things, they are idiots. Simple as that - we don't know, we probably never will, it is not up to us to pass judgement.

I'm not getting into this, since its 3AM, but basically, there is a time and a place for everything. A time and a place to discuss a deceased person's character flaws is not at their funeral, and it certainly isn't a few hours after their passing. I'm referring more to the funeral comment than the stuff you said about MJ himself btw, since, to be fair, its unlikely people here will have any connections to himself, and as they say, we all react to these things in different ways.

And my point simply put is why be a hypocrite? If you don't have anything truthful to say about somebody, say nothing at all. Don't lie FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Sky News:

Others in LA have headed to his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame to leave candles and flowers, but it will reportedly be difficult to do tonight as it is scheduled to be covered by a red carpet for the premiere of the new Sacha Baron Cohen film, Bruno.

hard not to laugh in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

R.I.P. Farrah Fawcett

Whoops sorry, wrong thread...

While I'm here... R.I.P. Michael Jackson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

lads , they're slagging michael in ranting and raving forum

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I don't think it's fair to say folks shouldn't be upset when they didn't know him personally. Take the deaths of Diana or JFK for example, how many people were distraught about that?

Personally, I was very sad when I heard Isaac Asimov died, and I had never met him. Now there was a real legend :) </digress>

I was never really into his music but I'm sorry for MJ, he was brilliant. I think he's probably in a better place now, his mental state seemed to be under par in the last decade or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Such an iconic figure, the world is a little smaller without his personality to fill it.
    RIP Michael, hope you have finally found peace.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

ottostreet wrote: »
    weird atmosphere in town there tonight.. maybe its just me, but it feels very subdued out and about.

Ahahaha...yeah, sure. The world mourns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Its really sad he never got the chance to make his comback with the 50 shows. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

great artist

crazy basterd

strange to think he is dead but just because he died shouldnt change anyones opinions of him

if you thought he was a pedo when he was alive what has changed from yesterday to today? not much i dont see why people are getting their knickers in a twist over a few more bad taste jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I am off to appreciate the man the way he should be, by listening to his music. I hope you do the same.

Goodnight.

RIP MJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

was just listening to ''black or white''

damn...........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

This live performance of The Earth song pretty much encapsulates everything about him in one go.

Christ, that fùcker could move!! Brought a big smile to my face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Duggy747 wrote: »
    This live performance of The Earth song pretty much encapsulates everything about him in one go.

you mean the 100 kids behind him right?

what i wana know is how they got his shirt to keep flying up no matter were he was on the stage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement