Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Coming into work in the car, it's all over the radio. And thankfully that means loads of Jacko's music to be played for the next few days. Whatever people want to say about him, he invented an entire new genre of music. :eek:

The man was a musical genius. He was still at the height of his fame when I was young. But, as I grew up, I listened to his earlier stuff more and more and it's just tremendous. A strange individual but an excellent singer and songwriter. It's a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tragic news indeed. I am amazed that Wacko lived this long really.
    He has been very sickly looking for quite some time now and the
    Wembley gigs he was due to play really surprised me.

I just heard that the fire crew took 3 mins 17 secs to get to Jacko after the call
    was made. That is pretty quick, but not enough time to revive him.

He was IMO the most amazing performer of the 20th century/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

lads , they're slagging michael in ranting and raving forum

So what?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

this is a genuine loss to the world. he was a phenomenal performer,fantastic artist and a great musician.

RIP Michael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Oh ferchrissakes, can we please keep a sense of proportion and prespective. what utter nonsense these 'events' cause in our emotionally incontinent times.

The death of any individual is tragic to his family and loved ones. However Mr. Jackson was a highly dubious and controversial figure who's passing certainly doesn't merit the idiotic, half witted hysteria, verging on the cringeworthy which this has precipitated.

Take a look around the world..if you want to get exercised and animated about human suffering and death, do it in respect of Iran, Palestine, Zimbabwe, hell the homeless on our own streets.

Engaging in this kind of emotional mutual masturbation for a dead song and dance man with serious questions hanging over his conduct is utterly preposterous. Hey, maybe its me who's lost the plot and the lunatics really are running the asylum..never heard such tosh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Woops, had to edit out a brilliant joke..

Yea, so.

Ermmm RIP to the chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭JimmyFloyd

toomevara wrote: »
    Oh ferchrissakes, can we please keep a sense of proportion and prespective. what utter nonsense these 'events' cause in our emotionally incontinent times.

The death of any individual is tragic to his family and loved ones. However Mr. Jackson was a highly dubious and controversial figure who's passing certainly doesn't merit the idiotic, half witted hysteria, verging on the cringeworthy which this has precipitated.

Take a look around the world..if you want to get exercised and animated about human suffering and death, do it in respect of Iran, Palestine, Zimbabwe, hell the homeless on our own streets.

Engaging in this kind of emotional mutual masturbation for a dead song and dance man with serious questions hanging over his conduct is utterly preposterous. Hey, maybe its me who's lost the plot and the lunatics really are running the asylum..never heard such tosh...

This made me laugh out loud!

I would imagine you are going to get slated for this but I agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭positron

A real loss indeed!

I am deeply saddened by the fact that us human being would do anything for one's own benefit, including judging people even if they are not proven guilty. Half the people here slagging him is doing it just because "its the cool thing to do", not because they have any superior moral abilities than MJ or know anything about him other than what they read in tabloids!

RIP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i find it difficult to mourn the passing of Michael Jackson because while never convicted there was too much of a demonic shadow cast over his reputation to just forgive and forget. However, I do respect the contribution he made to pop culture (look at all the wannabe's and copycats out today, chris brown, neyo), and I recognise the fact that his contribution was at the expense of his childhood, which likely contributed to the mixed up life he lived since. RIP MJ

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Michael Jackson is the inspiration for hundreds of thousands of people who entered the Music industry. Having such a person who infulenced your life so much die is a big deal. Boards has a lot of musicians and no doubt the majority of them would count MJ as one of their main idols for his inivative music and the way he transformed the music industry as a whole. To say that his passing only affects his friends and close family is just plain moronic.

I myself respect the man, and feel saddened by his passing. I'm not affected enough that I can't laugh at the jokes, but I know the right place to read such jokes. There aer plenty of people who will genuinely mourn his passing, more so that any other entertainer alive today.

Please have respect for other people thoughts and beliefs. To sweep them aside with such disregard because you don't understand them is the basis on which racism and homophobism is founded.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Please have respect for other people thoughts and beliefs. To sweep them aside with such disregard because you don't understand them is the basis on which racism and homophobism is founded.

Pfffftttttt.....what??? Good lord, what's racism and homophobism got to do with it?.lol...Its a personal tragedy for the guy and his family...no more no less, I've said as much,but from some of the contributions on here you'd swear the messiah himself had been crucified on calvary (again) and the four horsemen of the apocalypse were bearing down on us with furious wrath. Perspective, persepctive perpective...thats all I ask!!!!!

Don't bring the dog-whistle issues of racism and homophobia into the debate to silence dissent..hilarious..neither of these issues was mentioned in my post....I quite like the Gays and the Blacks, God bless their little cotton socks....as for Saint Michael of Jackson, thats a whole n'other ball game....

i'd hate to go for a pint with you..

me: "jesus.. did ya hear michael jackson died?"
    you: "that's nothing, if you want death, look at iran.."
    me: "...."

/gets coat.

but from some of the contributions on here you'd swear the messiah himself had been crucified on calvary (again) and the four horsemen of the apocalypse were bearing down on us with furious wrath. Perspective, persepctive perpective...thats all I ask!!!!!
    you're more of nutter than he ever was.. listen to yourself. it's a friday morning and you're harpin on about absolutely nothing. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Pfffftttttt.....what??? Good lord, what's racism and homophobism got to do with it?.lol...Its a personal tragedy for the guy and his family...no more no less, I've said as much,but from some of the contributions on here you'd swear the messiah himself had been crucified on calvary (again) and the four horsemen of the apocalypse were bearing down on us with furious wrath. Perspective, persepctive perpective...thats all I ask!!!!!

I'd be more worried about Michael Jackson dying than "the messiah himself had been crucified on calvary" to be honest.

His death is not a personal tragedy for anyone but his family but that doesn't mean they can't feel sad that he's gone. Who are you to decide how people should and shouldn't be reacting.

I'd dare to say if you held a poll you might find many people might hold the life and works of Michael Jackson to be higher than that of the so called messiah. There were certainly less accusations of molestation alleged against MJ than there are against those working in the name of the messiah.
    Don't bring the dog-whistle issues of racism and homophobia into the debate to silence dissent..hilarious..neither of these issues was mentioned in my post....I quite like the Gays and the Blacks, God bless their little cotton socks....as for Saint Michael of Jackson, thats a whole n'other ball game....
    To sweep them aside with such disregard because you don't understand them is the basis on which racism and homophobism is founded.
    Please read my post again and understand that I said such disregards for other people beliefs is the foundation of racism and homophobism.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sometimes it's just better to let it go and walk on by. Let people do what they think they need to, but I hope you feel better for your outpouring. Like an Irish summer this'll all pass quickly enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Dont mind that bollix toomevara, just looking for attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I can't even face work today. I'll struggle on though the weekend somehow.

Here are some simple lines written about the death of another beautiful visionary. Another seer. Another poet:

And it seems to me you lived your life
    Like a candle in the wind
    Never knowing who to cling to
    When the rain set in
    And I would have liked to have known you
    But I was just a kid
    Your candle burned out long before
    Your legend ever did

Life will go on though. Somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

RIP Michael. A true legend :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

jank wrote: »
    Dont mind that bollix toomevara, just looking for attention.

Banned.

i'd hate to go for a pint with you..

me: "jesus.. did ya hear michael jackson died?"
    you: "that's nothing, if you want death, look at iran.."
    me: "...."

/gets coat.

Drinks on me anytime!!! lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

I'd say those people that spent thousands on tickets on ebay feel pretty sick today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Probobly can be merged if the mods see fit, but does anyone else not find it extremly annoying that yesterday if you were to get a comment off any of the Tabloid media about Michael Jackson all you would have had to read was the same Wacko Jacko paedophile rants, but now today that he's dead he's a saint! They did they very same with Princess Diana, but not in the same ways.

It just goes to show they couldnt care about anything else other than the fact of selling papers to any doosh stupid and gullible enough to buy a tabloid.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

So, so sad. He was a huge influance on me as a kid and the reason I took up dance. Found out in the pub after the Misfits last night...gutted :(

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

It's the same when anybody dies to be honest. Nothing new.

I couldn't tell ya tbh. I don't read such tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

He wasn't a saint but was a great performer. I have tickets for London and I am gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It's the same when anybody dies to be honest. Nothing new.

Yep exactly. Remember Jade Goody? And that coke fiend model? Always the same

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement