Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

I'd say those people that spent thousands on tickets on ebay feel pretty sick today!

Why? Refunds will be available from kiosks or you can wait and get it back on your card. Standard procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why? Refunds will be available from kiosks or you can wait and get it back on your card. Standard procedure.
    I think he means the people who spent well over the odds from touters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

<serious bit>

I've just dug out Off The Wall and am enjoying very much.

The only good thing about the whole mawkish farrago will be wall-to-wall MJ on the radio.

MJ was just a man. Of which many die unheralded deaths every day.

The most important thing about MJ is his music which will live forever. And that's really all that matters, despite how much people try and out-RIP each other.

</serious bit>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Quazzie wrote: »

Yep thats what i meant........................and i'm a she not a he :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

toomevara wrote: »
    Take a look around the world..if you want to get exercised and animated about human suffering and death, do it in respect of Iran, Palestine, Zimbabwe, hell the homeless on our own streets.

While I understand the dislike of "over the top" wailing grief that will most likely be seen over the coming days, I do feel sad that Michael Jackson has died, that's all, just sad.

As for bringing up all the death in Iran etc etc...it's pretty simple, none of the millions of people that died in any of the countries you mentioned have had an affect on my life.

In reality the only people who really give a damn about deaths in Iran, Palestine & Zimbabwe are the people who live in those countries (and Bono of course).

Jackson's music on the other hand has entertained me since the early 80's and for a lot of people since the 60's when he was a kid in the Jackson 5.

THAT's why I feel sad that Jackson has gone and I feel "Meh" about the deaths in Iran, Palestine & Zimbabwe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Yep thats what i meant........................and i'm a she not a he :D

Ya learn something new everyday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

R.I.P Jacko you will be missed.:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Quazzie wrote: »

If I had a ticket I would put it in a sealed plastic sleeve and keep it very safe somewhere ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Misticalz2003

RIP M Jackson! XxX

True King of Pop!

What a legend like how many people out there can do what he did.... sing, dance, write music talented beyond belief!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

you dont get the booking charge back, which usually sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

have to say i'm far more upset than i thought i'd be!RIP dude,such a legend. musicians from Madonna to Mcfly were influenced by him; the music world will be a lesser place without him.

:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

not a big fan but if you grew up during the eighties this guy was bigger than anything else RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Early autopsy reports indicate that the heart disease came from his protestant fathers side of the family - its known as the "billy gene"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

They guy had severe social and health anxiety, he must have been very frightened when then heart attack or whatever struck...

He had serious psychological problems for a long time, hope he goes to a happier place now, he always seemed like a "grown up" child to me, bit of a genius but never fully with it.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

The media will always take opportune moments to turn the other cheek and forgive and forget.

Besides, people will hesitate buying a paper where the headline reads 'Paedo Jacko finally Gone-o'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosedale6

I heard the news last night, despite being in a bar with very loud music. I was out with the lads for a few beers and we started receiving text messages that he was allegedly dead. Some then checked Facebook etc and almost every single status was to do with Michael Jackson and TMZ reporting that he had died.

I can't really describe what I felt. I was surprised, but at the same time I wasn't. It was quite surreal really. His death came as a shock, despite his recent health concerns. At first, me and the lads were unaware of the cause of death, and most of us put our money on suicide. The texts then came through informing us the cause of death was cardiac arrest, so our initial thoughts were proved wrong.

Opinions on him will naturally be divided. However, he was extremely talented and was an icon to several generations. The response to his death speaks for itself. Even if you were not a fan, just like when Princess Diana died, you will remember where you were when you heard the news of Michael Jackson's death.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Whatever sells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

I don't think they'd have been doing paedo-rants about him if they had been asked yesterday. That whole side of the story seems to have been put away after he was acquited of the Gavin Arvizo acquisations in 2005.

Any negative stories wrt to him in the later years were generally to do with him simply being a useless father to his kids, rather than one who was abusing them.

In fact I think if a story about him had been run yesterday then it would have been mostly positive news regarding his comeback and of people looking forward to his London concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

Totally agree with OP.

Colm & Jim Jim for instance, on 2fm, I really like their show in general, but I have lost count the number of times they have slagged him off at various instances, some times as part of elaborate jokes, which I am okay with, but other times just because its cool or something? This morning they are like 'true legend', 'king of pop' and all that where as for last 5 years I haven't heard them referring to anything but wackojako or even worse!

A lot of people out there is afraid to be different, and afraid of anyone different and they also think its cool to slag off someone just because others do so and it must be a cool thing to do etc.

Sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was just thinking that in a way Jacko's life and death reminded me slightly of Mozart.

Both were rushed into entertainment far too early and were both pushed by their father non stop.

Both died very young.

RIP MICHAEL........and Mozart

• Advertisement

positron wrote: »

Colm & Jim Jim for instance, on 2fm,

Well those two tools can f-off for a start. I doubt anyone will be crying when they drop dead (apart from their local bakery).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Rosedale6 wrote: »
    I heard the news last night, despite being in a bar with very loud music. I was out with the lads for a few beers and we started receiving text messages that he was allegedly dead. Some then checked Facebook etc and almost every single status was to do with Michael Jackson and TMZ reporting that he had died.

Welcome to the information age.

Also - goodnight, sweet prince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The media jumping on a bandwagon. That's never happened before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

The man was a messed up individual who may have abused kids, had an exagerrated sense of his own importance, lived in a fantasy world and didn't release a good records in over ten years.

silvine wrote: »
    The man was a messed up individual who may have abused kids, had an exagerrated sense of his own importance, lived in a fantasy world and didn't release a good records in over ten years.
    ... but enough about Bono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

TBH I am actually glad, as he is at peace now

The whole circus of his persona took its toll
    I just feel sorry for the kids and hope they get some 'normality' in their lives
    A genuine loss to humanity. For all the innuendo or charges brought against him, he did more good than harm overall.

Welcome to the information age.

Also - goodnight, sweet prince.

Who's the sweet Prince??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

R.I.P. MJ
    True music legend. Didnt grow up in the eighties or anything but i sure loved his music.

• Advertisement

The kids are probably better off without him, at least they might grow up with a bit more normality than they would have hanging out with him, he was a freak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement