Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Am i the only person excited about the inevitable South Park episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson

On May 14, 1984, Jackson was invited to the White House to receive an award presented by American President Ronald Reagan. The award was given for Jackson's support of charities that helped people overcome alcohol and drug abuse.[38] Jackson won eight awards during the 1984 Grammys. Unlike later albums, Thriller did not have an official tour to promote it, but the 1984 Victory Tour, headlined by The Jacksons, showcased much of Jackson's new solo material to more than two million Americans.[39] He donated his $5 million share from the Victory Tour to charity.[40]

Jackson co-wrote the charity single "We Are the World" with Lionel Richie, which was released worldwide to aid the poor in Africa and the US. He was one of 39 music celebrities who performed on the record. The single became one of the best-selling singles of all time, with nearly 20 million copies sold and millions of dollars donated to famine relief.[41]

From 1985 to 1990, Jackson donated $500,000 to the United Negro College Fund, and all of the profits from his single "Man in the Mirror" went to charity.[67][68]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Am i the only person excited about the inevitable South Park episodes?

No! That's ignornant! You're ignorant! :mad:

(;))

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

The kids are probably better off without him, at least they might grow up with a bit more normality than they would have hanging out with him, he was a freak.

Thats a ridiculous quote they have lost their father....how would you like it if your father was taken away and people where saying "ah sure its probably for the best"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I just hope his kids are ok.
    Losing a parent is never easy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Who's the sweet Prince??

who do you think? Come on fink, think really hard. I know you can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭chrisp2281

Macros42 wrote: »
    OK Chat not Jokes then. I am not sad he's dead. He was a mediocre artist with spurious relationships with children to say the least. Gonna report this one BingBlangBlaow?

Why bother contributing if you have nothing nice to say. Whatever your personal opinions are. A man has just lost his life and left his young kids without a dad. have some respect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DontFearThe

I'm absolutely devastated and shocked.I really hope that the people suggesting it was suicide are wrong.He'll go down as a true legend in the music world and I hope the media leave the kids alone as their growing up.
    RIP Micheal Jackson:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Thats a ridiculous quote they have lost their father....how would you like it if your father was taken away and people where saying "ah sure its probably for the best"
    Terry wrote: »
    I just hope his kids are ok.
    Losing a parent is never easy.

I think he's their only parent as well, pretty sure that Debbie woman didn't want anything to do with them, so for the kids it's an even tougher situation.

I wonder who will get custody? Grandma Jackson maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭chrisp2281

K-9 wrote: »
    He isn't immune to criticism, same as Jade, Diana or whoever the model is!

No one is immune to criticism but I think it can wait. He's dead less than 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's a personal opinion and a lot of people would probably share the same view as you but he's dead now and should be left in peace.

Its a discussion, why would it stop just because he's dead, him being at peace wont be affected because of my opinion being shared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

He was known as the king of pop, obviously thats just your own little pet name for him. Sweet Prince, thats cute.

It's motherfucking shakespeare, you philistine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

keefg wrote: »
    I think he's their only parent as well, pretty sure that Debbie woman didn't want anything to do with them, so for the kids it's an even tougher situation.

I wonder who will get custody? Grandma Jackson maybe?

AFAIK she handed the kids to him, and he has the sole custody of them. Poor kids, they'll be hounded for the entire lives :( Think theyre something like 11, 10 and 6. So sad, that's where my sympathy lies, with them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Its a discussion, why would it stop just because he's dead, him being at peace wont be affected because of my opinion being shared.
    If you post in this thread again, I will ban you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I think it's disgracefull some of the ill comments on here about him, I know theres a lot of keyboard warriors on boards.ie but have some bloody respect for once. Micheal Jackson was one of the greatest and most important musicians and entertainers of our generation and he will be greatly missed by millions around the world.

I want to give my condolences to his children, family and fans and say thanks for all the great music he has provided us with and for all his work with charities throughout his life.

You will be missed. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

If you love him or hate him, you cannot deny that this event has been the most popular thing that boards.ie has ever seen.

He was my idol for a very very long time, in my opinion he was the best perfomer in the world, nobody danced like him, nobody sang like him, nobody entertained like him. Very very successful man, than came from nothing. If your childhood was taken from you by the cruel bastard that was jacko's dad, you would have problems too. It's unfortunate that he didn't get a chance to make a comeback. He will be missed.

RIP jacko... you're a bloody legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

They are talking about his death on midday now. King of pop or man of devious virtue??? Wtf.? This programme is a whole lotta bull.. They also say hannah montana is inappropriate for children. Why am i even watching this? Haha..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

They are talking about his death on midday now. King of pop or man of devious virtue??? Wtf.? This programme is a whole lotta bull.. They also say hannah montana is inappropriate for children. Why am i even watching this? Haha..

I'm watching it too!

It's good they're looking at both sides of the story; There's not a global uniform response to his death!

sickipedia has crashed under the weight of tasteless Michael Jackson jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

Michael Jackson, for me and for so many others will be remembered as a legend.

And while, there is no good time for a legend to leave this world, I just feel particularly devastated that he has departed at a time when it looked like he may be about to swing global attention back to his performance and entertainment abilities rather than the darker side of his life.

The world of music has lost a true icon, a legend...
    The world has lost a true icon, a legend...

RIP Michael Jackson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

If you love him or hate him, you cannot deny that this event has been the most popular thing that boards.ie has ever seen.

yeah,but wait until Amy Winehouse dies;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

yeah,but wait until Amy Winehouse dies;)

6 months? I can't wait that long.

I'm watching it too!

It's good they're looking at both sides of the story; There's not a global uniform response to his death!

yea, but that alan cantwell idiot is making a show of himself as usual. Does he always have to be so negative..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

yea, but that alan cantwell idiot is making a show of himself as usual. Does he always have to be so negative..?

To be honest, seems to me like he's just sparking conversation and trying to wind the guest presenters up, get a bit of an argument going!
    I doubt he really agrees with half of what he's saying!

To be honest, seems to me like he's just sparking conversation and trying to wind the guest presenters up, get a bit of an argument going!
    I doubt he really agrees with half of what he's saying!

yeah maybe.. he is abit of a fool though. Sure, did you see the way he tried to prove hannah montana was inappropriate.? I think alans jealous of MJs looks and thats why hes picking on him. Coz alan aint the best lookin' chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Kinda mad really, there was no way he was going to make it through 50 concerts. Died like he lived, being well and truly ridden and exploited by the music industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

R.I.P Michael One of the true greats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So did the Arabs he signed his image over too off him or is Michael just running from the people who owes all that money too?

Seriously RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Red Tempest

Poor guy, its no wonder he died of a heart attack after all the **** he was put through. I'm not a big michael jackson fan, but I don't believe all those allegations. Always seemed to me that he was a bit messed up, but I think he was reverting to some kinda innocent childlike state cause of the childhood he missed out on.
    Regardless, those paedo jokes going round are just awful. They're worse than the jade goody ones. I mean ffs, these people have kids and relatives who loved them. Not cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

rovert wrote: »
    So did the Arabs he signed his image over too off him or is Michael just running from the people who owes all that money too?

Seriously RIP
    Can't be, he was gonna earn I'd say 100 million pounds off his concerts in just 17 days.

No one will ever see what was gonna go on at those shows now. AEG live(The Promoters) are f*cked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement