Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I made it! I read the entire thread!!

(And in honor of the King of Pop, attempted to learn how to moonwalk during a reading break.)
    FruitLover wrote: »
    You're right on cardiac arrest, but the most common meaning of 'heart attack' is a myocardial infarction, where an artery supplying the muscles of the heart becomes occluded, causing muscle death. This can then lead to cardiac arrest or arrhythmia (thank you, years of General Hospital, Casualty, ER, Scrubs and House!).

Now that is applied knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Couldnt believe it when I heard the news last night. I went to his concert when I was a kid and it was brilliant. Whatever people may say about him he was still one of the greatest entertainers who ever lived and will be missed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just saw someone called Rev Al Sharpton (sp?) on Sky News and he said something that was very true; that a lot of people are paying tribute to Jackson who before this had no time for Michael. It's sad how these sinister opportunists take advantage of times like these to boost their own public image. I mean Madonna released a statement saying how she hasn't stopped crying. I'd like to know when was the last time she actually spoke to him. Sharpton is meant to be a bit of publicity whore himself but all the same, he's bang on the money.

I forgot just how good of a singer he is. Even as a kid, he puts most of todays singers to shame with songs like ABC and I Want You Back. And what a dancer, I dare anyone to watch the video for Blame It On The Boogie and not feel compelled to bust out a few moves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

Police say Michael Jackson's death could be suspicious. They are currently looking for a Smooth Criminal, who could be Black or White, but he's definately Bad and Dangerous. They got fingerprints Off The Wall and they say there was a Man In The Mirror. They would like Ben and Billie Jean to come forward, but they don't Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'. Police say they Don't Stop 'til they Get Enough evidence as they found

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Very shocked by the news. A tainted genius whos music was a major influence on me as a kid. RIP MJ.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

I'm devastated..he's the king and always will be to me..

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Police say Michael Jackson's death could be suspicious. They are currently looking for a Smooth Criminal, who could be Black or White, but he's definately Bad and Dangerous. They got fingerprints Off The Wall and they say there was a Man In The Mirror. They would like Ben and Billie Jean to come forward, but they don't Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'. Police say they Don't Stop 'til they Get Enough evidence as they found

Banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I guess you will be getting banned too so I will say bye bye now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Some people are just f*cking idiots. Why post if you know your gonna get banned and your post deleted.

I doubt his family are taking it very well, if all his fans are grieving and shocked. Imagine his family and close friends.
    So Surreal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Some people are just f*cking idiots. Why post if you know your gonna get banned and your post deleted.

I doubt his family are taking it very well, if all his fans are grieving and shocked. Imagine his family and close friends.
    So Surreal

Yeah,so true,love the sig man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

you can't change after hours rules so sharply overnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

it does look like this demoral injection was part of the problem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If there's one good thing to come out of this it's that MTV are actually playing music.

MJ top 40 is on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ixm1980

RIP MJ. A true legend. You will be missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I personally don't see how they can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

From Lisa Marie Presley:

He Knew

"Years ago Michael and I were having a deep conversation about life in general.

I can't recall the exact subject matter but he may have been questioning me about the circumstances of my Fathers Death.

At some point he paused, he stared at me very intensely and he stated with an almost calm certainty, "I am afraid that I am going to end up like him, the way he did."

I promptly tried to deter him from the idea, at which point he just shrugged his shoulders and nodded almost matter of fact as if to let me know, he knew what he knew and that was kind of that.

14 years later I am sitting here watching on the news an ambulance leaves the driveway of his home, the big gates, the crowds outside the gates, the coverage, the crowds outside the hospital, the Cause of death and what may have led up to it and the memory of this conversation hit me, as did the unstoppable tears.

A predicted ending by him, by loved ones and by me, but what I didn't predict was how much it was going to hurt when it finally happened.

The person I failed to help is being transferred right now to the LA County Coroners office for his Autopsy.

All of my indifference and detachment that I worked so hard to achieve over the years has just gone into the bowels of hell and right now I am gutted.

I am going to say now what I have never said before because I want the truth out there for once.

Our relationship was not "a sham" as is being reported in the press. It was an unusual relationship yes, where two unusual people who did not live or know a "Normal life" found a connection, perhaps with some suspect timing on his part. Nonetheless, I do believe he loved me as much as he could love anyone and I loved him very much.

I wanted to "save him" I wanted to save him from the inevitable which is what has just happened.

His family and his loved ones also wanted to save him from this as well but didn't know how and this was 14 years ago. We all worried that this would be the outcome then.

At that time, In trying to save him, I almost lost myself.

He was an incredibly dynamic force and power that was not to be underestimated.

When he used it for something good, It was the best and when he used it for something bad, It was really, REALLY bad.

Mediocrity was not a concept that would even for a second enter Michael Jackson's being or actions.

I became very ill and emotionally/ spiritually exhausted in my quest to save him from certain self-destructive behavior and from the awful vampires and leeches he would always manage to magnetize around him.

I was in over my head while trying.

I had my children to care for, I had to make a decision.

The hardest decision I have ever had to make, which was to walk away and let his fate have him, even though I desperately loved him and tried to stop or reverse it somehow.

After the Divorce, I spent a few years obsessing about him and what I could have done different, in regret.

Then I spent some angry years at the whole situation.

At some point, I truly became Indifferent, until now.

As I sit here overwhelmed with sadness, reflection and confusion at what was my biggest failure to date, watching on the news almost play by play The exact Scenario I saw happen on August 16th, 1977 happening again right now with Michael (A sight I never wanted to see again) just as he predicted, I am truly, truly gutted.

Any ill experience or words I have felt towards him in the past has just died inside of me along with him.

He was an amazing person and I am lucky to have gotten as close to him as I did and to have had the many experiences and years that we had together.

I desperately hope that he can be relieved from his pain, pressure and turmoil now.

He deserves to be free from all of that and I hope he is in a better place or will be.

I also hope that anyone else who feels they have failed to help him can be set free because he hopefully finally is.

The World is in shock but somehow he knew exactly how his fate would be played out some day more than anyone else knew, and he was right.

I really needed to say this right now, thanks for listening.

~LMP

We can and did for this thread, if you have a problem with that inquire in Feedback, not on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Aww that actually makes me sad. I love his music. He's a messed up dude but I don't think he's a bad person (you have no proof, kids like to lie, parents of lying kids like money, leave him alone haters!:p)

Erm... I have proof. In an interview he said it was a beautiful thing for a 44 year old man (him at the time) to share a bed with a 12 year old boy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

bevan619 wrote: »
    Erm... I have proof. In an interview he said it was a beautiful thing for a 44 year old man (him at the time) to share a bed with a 12 year old boy.
    What is that proof of?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Dudess wrote: »
    I personally don't see how they can't.

of course they can change the rules in any ridicolous way they want

expecting that people follow them immedietely is what they shouldnt be doing the bannings are ridicolous, warnings for a first offence should be more than enough but as you moderators keep pointing out its a private site, you can do as you like and we dont have to post here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

What is that proof of?

him not being normal by any stretch of the imagination and at the very least of putting himself in the a position that opens him up to the accusations that were made

a man of any age has no business in bed with a 12 yr old unless its father and son

however assuming the allegations are untrue then i do believe that he really dosnt think there is anything wrong with sharing a bed with a kid like that because i think he was that messed up in the head

MagicMarker I deleated your post as it contained a quoted post that I deleated.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Can do and have done.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52011528&postcount=189

That's from 3 years ago. My position remains the same.

I got a bollocking from a lot of other mods in the reported posts forum at the time of that.
    I stood my ground then and I'll stand it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Bet no-one here knows that the famous Billie Jean video was directed by a Dublin man.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Nolanger wrote: »
    Bet no-one here knows that the famous Billie Jean video was directed by a Dublin man.
    Dude's not wrong.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Barron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

one thing i think their over doing is having tributes to him on every music channel and about 40 others.

hes only been gone a day.

hes not just on mtv 1 but mtv rock mtv dance tmf etc... etc... sky news.. channel 4 etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I for one will be dancing like a tit in the club tomorrow night when they play his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Lisa it's your birthday...............

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

My favorite Michael Jackson album is Off The Wall, it has to be one of the greatest albums of all time.
    My favorite song is Dirty Diana, it just brings back such memories from Pairc Ui Caoimh in 88.

RIP Michael

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

moonwalker film, watchin now on vhs tape! excellent show!

Rip Michael Jackson

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement