Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I guess I'm a bit young to fully appreciate what he did for music, as I wasn't born when most of his stuff was released. However I'm a fan of a lot of his work and can understand what an iconic and influential figure he was.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Dabko wrote: »
    moonwalker film, watchin now on vhs tape! excellent show!

Rip Michael Jackson

No offence but that is one of the worst films ever to be produced (bar the smooth criminal part which is the best dance scene ever made) it makes no sense whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I think the timing of his death was unfortunate for reasons other than his young age.

The main one being he didn't get to carry out his come-back tour;

If he'd been able to perform, I think a lot of people who turned their backs on him during the allegations would have been able to put the past in the past and rediscover him for the amazing performer and entertainer he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

For all the crap that has been and will be written about MJ he was one of a very select group of pure entertainers right up there with Elvis.I believe he was the last truly iconic musical artist left and the world will be a worse off place without him.

RIP Michael,thank you for the memories.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

Stev_o wrote: »
    No offence but that is one of the worst films ever to be produced (bar the smooth criminal part which is the best dance scene ever made) it makes no sense whatsoever.

Very true, moonwalker was all over the place, but i think it was that bizarre mix of crazy theatrics and great music that made it very memorable. And yes, that smooth criminal performance was fuc*ing amazing!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

God I used to think Moonwalker was the greatest movie ever growing up. The arcade game was class too.

RIP Michael Jackson: A troubled man but a fantastic musician and a true legend. I hope he has found peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

twas very sad news indeed what an icon of the music industry he was - i was a fan of his music his dance talent and the genius he was in his shows and his views on how to entertain and god did he entertain over the years- pity bout the the slurs or blips in his life always believed him innocent and judge and jury found suit too - i feel for this children and his family and this horrifically sad time for them - may they find some conselation in the fact of the world love and affection for him-

i heard someone say he will be the next elvis that how great he was and i agree

michael jackson rest in peace that you didnt always have here in life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Dudess wrote: »
    Some eerie parallels between the king of rock n' roll and the king of pop: both unfathomably iconic, both dead so early and so suddenly, both lives took a major downward turn professionally and personally prior to their deaths, both very handsome men in their prime but whose looks were prematurely ravaged, both died of a similar cause (it would appear for now), Graceland and Neverland... so tragic. RIP Michael.

Slowpoke. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I remember seeing the Thriller when i 4, it frighten the crap out of me, and i never really liked much of his music after that. But he will go down in history for his contribution to music and most of the weirder stuff will be forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mumof3angels

I buried my sons class mate <snip> on thursday she was 6 and a half yrs old and it was the most horrible thing ever. I was so glad when it was over on thursday then I sit down that night to hear Micheal Jackson has died jesus this week can not get any worse. My thoughts are with him and his children and family. Hope he is at peace. Maybey he will mind <snip> where ever they are gone .....

Maybe not a good idea to name the child on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I made a presentation to the sound of Thriller in English class and it went down a treat, it was one of the few that was requested to be done again after everybody had done theirs.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Listening to his songs now gives a spine chiller effect, I hope his music will live on for future generations to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

I still havent come to terms with this, Michael Jackson is dead. All my love to Michael and his family, he made some absolutely brilliant songs and albums and i have the highest respect for what he has done.

What a man, a legend, MICHAEL JACKSON.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

Poor children.

I usually hate condolence threads like this, but this is Michael Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Listening to his songs now gives a spine chiller effect, I hope his music will live on for future generations to enjoy.

It has done up to now, and based on his talent it will stay around for a long long time to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I'm really going to miss Princess Diana Michael Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Just watched all of his Number Ones video singles DVD tonight. He was truly groundbreaking and iconic.

toomevara wrote: »
    Take a look around the world..if you want to get exercised and animated about human suffering and death, do it in respect of Iran, Palestine, Zimbabwe, hell the homeless on our own streets.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I think you need to accept that a lot of people feel deep sadness due to the impact some of his songs have had on them. I don't think anyone has the right to dismiss that.

As for being a shady character, I dread the day that people are guilty until proven innocent.

• Advertisement

He had alot of brilliant songs such as:

What a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I don't understand the mentality that leads people to say Oh we should remember the good and not the bad, when the bad was he slept with kids in (at the very least) completly inappropriate ways.

When Jonathon Kings Dies should we only remember his work with Decca Records?

I don't understand the mentality that leads people to say Oh we should remember the good and not the bad, when the bad was he slept with kids in (at the very least) completly inappropriate ways.

All that proves is that he was naive and a child in a man's body who thought it was okay to sleep in the same bed as young boys. I'm not saying that it's right, but it doesn't make him a paedo in my eyes.

If he wasnt proven guilty of anything thats good enough for me, He was one of the greatest musicians of the last 40 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

A massive loss and a true music legend like him or not. I really think that his "EarthSong" where is shows the destruction of trees etc. in reverse was an iconic song and something that inspired many of todays greenies while they were in their impressionable teens back in the mid nineties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

I saw an interview with the great Quincy Jones tonight and when he was asked about Jackson's obsession with young boys, he said that it was Michael Jackson who was the victim and he kept repeating it. Then he said that when he visited Jackson's house in LA, he always found it weird with all the pictures of blond haired blue eyed boys all over the place. It was a surreal moment listening to the extremes of 'victim' and weirdness.

I don't know if it has been discussed earlier but the police are actively looking for his private physician. There is a high probability that pain killers were involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

Niall0 wrote: »
    He had alot of brilliant songs such as:

What a man.

I agree wholeheartedly - my favourite Michael Jackson song. There's a pub in Tralee with a great jukebox - a few years ago I would always play this song and revel in the reaction from others in the pub! It was like a reminder of a wonderful dream, not forgotten but sitting in the subconscious folder of truly beautiful, emotive music.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

Hey, the gentleman has passed away, show some sign of good character. Personally I do not believe he was guilty of any wrong-doing. However, each to their own. What I also believe is that it is wrong to condemn those that can no longer defend themselves.
    Who are we to judge? I think, according to his faith, he has his true judgement day to meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

being listening to all his songs today on MTV, His video's were unreal. He was unreal, im only 22 and his songs from day one still ring out in my mind.

RIP Jacko, you were the ultimate star and the media tried to ruin you, but fortuantely you still always had the real fans like us :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

A great man, a true legend, very misunderstood, but he will always be loved. I would rate him as the greatest entertainer and musician the world has ever seen.

We should celebrate his music.

Has anyone thought about arranging a mass Moonwalk in O'Connell Street this weekend?!

We should make it happen!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement