Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

LZ5by5 wrote: »

As for being a shady character, I dread the day that people are guilty until proven innocent.

Personally I dread the day when mega rich celebs can circumvent the justice system by paying vast sums of money to the people they allegedly abused. ..oh wait that day has already come, damn, how'd that sneak up on me? If he had nothing to hide he should have submitted to the due process of law...the whole thing stinks to high heaven and will always to anyone with even half a functioning brain.
    All that proves is that he was naive and a child in a man's body who thought it was okay to sleep in the same bed as young boys. I'm not saying that it's right, but it doesn't make him a paedo in my eyes.

Ummm....sorry but that dog don't hunt. let me paint you a picture; You've got a twelve year old son. A mature adult male pops round to your gaff and asks if it would be alright for him to spend an inordinate amount of time in the company of your child, and oh, if you wouldn't mind, could he share his bed? I mean, lordy lordy!!1 In what alternative, through the looking glass, universe would you a) consent to this and b) be regarded as anything other than complicit in the abuse of your child should you do so and finally, and here's the hummer, the gent making the request be regarded as a straight up paedophile by anyone who isn't a full time permanent resident of La-La land....

Crazy, crazy stuff...as I've said the loons are running the asylum.........

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

have the conspiracy theorys started yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Its no wonder so many people the world over spend their lives tarnished with "tags" even though innocent, when there are people like the one's on this thread in existence. What part of "Not Guilty" do you cretins not understand?

Yes he was an extremely eccentric and weird individual, but I do not believe for one second that he ever abused kids in his company. The people that did make those allegations against him, were simply in it to leech as much cash as possible off him and destroy his reputation in the process. If you paid any attention to the cases that were going on, both the kids (victims) and parents, never ever looked remotely emotionally attached to it, the dollar signs were just ringing in their eyes every time they made a statement of any sort to the media.

So naturally, common sense prevailed and an innocent man was deemed to be innocent in a court of law. Yet people on here are so ****ing comedic, they still brand him a child abuser, kiddie fiddler etc. What is ****ing wrong with you people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Mousey- wrote: »
    one thing i think their over doing is having tributes to him on every music channel and about 40 others.

hes only been gone a day.

hes not just on mtv 1 but mtv rock mtv dance tmf etc... etc... sky news.. channel 4 etc....

So it took the death of Michael Jackson to get MTV to play music again...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jesusofnaz

so .... who likes jokes?

• Advertisement

jesusofnaz wrote: »
    so .... who likes jokes?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055603929

Take it there if you want to be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

toomevara wrote: »
    Personally I dread the day when mega rich celebs can circumvent the justice system by paying vast sums of money to the people they allegedly abused....... regarded as a straight up paedophile by anyone who isn't a full time permanent resident of La-La land....

I'm not so sure...

I mean Jordy Chandlers family accepted a pay off in return for not pressing charges. Would you accept money over sending the scumbag who abused your child to prison? I know I'd just want the guy punished if he raped my son, I wouldn't be able to stand seeing him in the public light, I'd never rest until he was in jail. Smacks a little bit of opportunism to me.

As for the second accusation, are you telling me you seriously believed that family's claims? The story had more holes than a teabag, the kid confided to his teacher that it was made up and it emerged the mother of the child has a past history of falsely accusing people in order to make money. I think it was a security guard who she alleged beat her and it was proven he did no such thing.

I have to say I usually sway towards the idea that there might be something sinister about him, there's an interesting documentary called "Michael Jackson: What Really Happened" that was on C4 a while ago. It's all hearsay from a few specific people but some of it is pretty compelling.

One particular example is a die-hard fan who admitted Jackson had phone sex with him when he was a child, or more accurately that Jackson was playing 5 a side while chatting to him. The guy wasn't condemning Jackson over it, he was adament that it was "Just a mistake" and some sort of out of character moment. It was pretty disturbing since it was coming from someone who seemed to be on MJ's side.

I don't know what the truth is, I'm not sure either way. Just had to refute the claims that anyone who doesn't think he's a paedo is nuts. Though to answer the oft asked question of whether I'd leave my kids with him, I definitely would not have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Personally I dread the day when mega rich celebs can circumvent the justice system by paying vast sums of money to the people they allegedly abused. ..oh wait that day has already come, damn, how'd that sneak up on me? If he had nothing to hide he should have submitted to the due process of law...the whole thing stinks to high heaven and will always to anyone with even half a functioning brain.

You're talking about the first case right? Well simply put and as I've already said, he was a very naive and mentally damaged man, and regardless of whether he was a paedophile or not he had put himself in a really bad looking situation. Jackson was probably advised to settle out of court because the odds were stacked against him and as we've already seen countless times, the justice system can make mistakes. He had nothing to hide perhaps, but that didn't guarantee his freedom and his career. Not by a long shot.

Ummm....sorry but that dog don't hunt. let me paint you a picture; You've got a twelve year old son. A mature adult male pops round to your gaff and asks if it would be alright for him to spend an inordinate amount of time in the company of your child, and oh, if you wouldn't mind, could he share his bed? I mean, lordy lordy!!1 In what alternative, through the looking glass, universe would you a) consent to this and b) be regarded as anything other than complicit in the abuse of your child should you do so and finally, and here's the hummer, the gent making the request be regarded as a straight up paedophile by anyone who isn't a full time permanent resident of La-La land....

You know it's funny, I don't seem to remember claiming Michael Jackson was not a deeply disturbed person mentally.

Ironically, I saw this yesterday from Corey Feldman;
    "I come to you today with great sadness, acknowledging the loss of the greatest entertainer in the history of mankind. For me he was more than that, he was my idol, he was a role model, he was someone to cry to when my childhood was unbearable, he was a brother, he was a dear friend.

"I am trembling and shaking at the moment and it is very hard to type."

"I am filled with tremendous sadness and remorse. All I choose to remember from this point is the good times we shared and what an inspiration he was to me and the rest of the world. Nobody will ever be able to do what Michael Jackson has done in this industry, and he was so close to doing it all again. I am truly, and deeply sorry for all of the heartbroken fans and supporters worldwide. I think I am still in shock. So I must end this now."

This, from one of the children he befriended.

kevpants wrote: »
    I'm not so sure...

I mean Jordy Chandlers family accepted a pay off in return for not pressing charges. Would you accept money over sending the scumbag who abused your child to prison? I know I'd just want the guy punished if he raped my son, I wouldn't be able to stand seeing him in the public light, I'd never rest until he was in jail. Smacks a little bit of opportunism to me.

As for the second accusation, are you telling me you seriously believed that family's claims? The story had more holes than a teabag, the kid confided to his teacher that it was made up and it emerged the mother of the child has a past history of falsely accusing people in order to make money. I think it was a security guard who she alleged beat her and it was proven he did no such thing.

I have to say I usually sway towards the idea that there might be something sinister about him, there's an interesting documentary called "Michael Jackson: What Really Happened" that was on C4 a while ago. It's all hearsay from a few specific people but some of it is pretty compelling.

One particular example is a die-hard fan who admitted Jackson had phone sex with him when he was a child, or more accurately that Jackson was playing 5 a side while chatting to him. The guy wasn't condemning Jackson over it, he was adament that it was "Just a mistake" and some sort of out of character moment. It was pretty disturbing since it was coming from someone who seemed to be on MJ's side.

I don't know what the truth is, I'm not sure either way. Just had to refute the claims that anyone who doesn't think he's a paedo is nuts. Though to answer the oft asked question of whether I'd leave my kids with him, I definitely would not have.

Did it occur to you that these documentaries were being aired the same time the cases were running? That it was more "lets get some stories about him with kids and really put the knife in before he goes down" gutter journalism, than any real attempt to uncover the real story behind him?

The guy had a ****ed up childhood, being pretty much robbed of any chance to be a normal kid. Yes, his affinity towards children was unsettling but come on...the guy built himself a place called Neverland with fun fairs and everything on it. I personally think it affected him so much, he spent the rest of his life trying to get his childhood back.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jesusofnaz

DarkJager wrote: »

you were better craic in presto ;)

i grew up being a massive jacko fan, but the job he did on himself during the late 80s and early 90s really soured me on him, not to mention the cloud over his relations with children. Anyway, grown up jacko fans are extremely bizarre people.

During the trial, I ran a spoof supporter site called Free Michael paradoying these folks. Basically the premise was that Michael Jackson was so talented he should be allowed do what he wanted. The site got extremely busy, until some psycho from India copped on it was a spoof and phoned the other admin threatening to rape him/kill him.

Anyway, Quincy Jones era Jacko FTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭GospelGroupie

The Michael Jackson Memorial Moonwalk
    Will You Be There?
    Host: Dublin Improv Movement
    Type: Music/arts - Performance
    Network: Global
    Date: 27 June 2009
    Time: 13:45 - 14:10
    Location: Gaiety Theatre, South Kings Street to HMV, Grafton Street
    Town/City: Dublin, Ireland

DescriptionIn memory of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, let's do a moonwalk. Compliments to Ciaran Treacy for the suggestion, by the way.
    Proposal: We meet at The Gaiety Theatre, South Kings Street at 1:45pm to gather and practice our moonwalks. At around 1:55pm we walk around (NOT IN A PACK, but scattered in ones or pairs) to HMV. Keep walking as though you're walking down Grafton Street and when the first of you walk completely passed the HMV store (roughly around 2pm) EVERYONE STOPS, and MOONWALKS backwards, either back up towards St. Stephens Green, or on down Grafton Street. That's up to you, but try to be original. If it seems that most of the crowd are going one way, you should go the opposite.
    Do it slowly, don't rush it, just do as convincing a moonwalk as you can. Here's a link to a training video...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_FzgtLVzbI
    It's best to moonwalk in trainers on a smooth surface, but Grafton Street is a brick-paving. Wear smooth-sole shoes if you have any, or just practice.
    Again, don't be too close to other Moonwalkers, it has to look spontaneaous.
    Text everyone you know who might be on for it, bring them along.
    Invite them to this Event on Facebook.
    Have a great time, have fun. But please remember, the fun should be in the specticle too, so don't be a nuisence to others, don't be pushy.
    And maybe have a thought or a prayer for poor aul Michael Jackson. What an entertainer, what a sad life. May he rest in Peace.

I haz a feeling this will just look like a load of people shuffling backwards. How many people can actually do the moonwalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Whatever about his craziness in recent years and dodgy allegations, he was a great singer and entertainer. Hard to believe he's gone.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Someone has to get this on youtube. Should be gas!

A moonwalking flashmob. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

DarkJager wrote: »
    Did it occur to you that these documentaries were being aired the same time the cases were running? That it was more "lets get some stories about him with kids and really put the knife in before he goes down" gutter journalism, than any real attempt to uncover the real story behind him?

The guy had a ****ed up childhood, being pretty much robbed of any chance to be a normal kid. Yes, his affinity towards children was unsettling but come on...the guy built himself a place called Neverland with fun fairs and everything on it. I personally think it affected him so much, he spent the rest of his life trying to get his childhood back.

Totally agree with you on this! No parent would say yes to money and let something like that drop! I believe he was innocent.

RIP MJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

I see Michael Jackson is to oper the new look wax musem in Dublin next month!!!!
    well according to todays irish independent he is anyway! 27-06-09

Page 12 in the review section by Richie Taylor check it out.

"Ive asked Michael if he'll open it and hes agreed. Obviously its subject to his schedule but we hope to open late July or early August"

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

pipsqueak wrote: »
    I see Michael Jackson is to oper the new look wax musem in Dublin next month!!!!
    well according to todays irish independent he is anyway! 27-06-09

Page 12 in the review section by Richie Taylor check it out.

"Ive asked Michael if he'll open it and hes agreed. Obviously its subject to his schedule but we hope to open late July or early August"

:eek:
    Wtf?
    No way in hell something as major as this wasn't noticed by an editor.

Is this the same Michael Jackson everyone else is talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Yep.The main indo has 5 or 6 pages about him but the review section has this.What a cock up.There are even pics of him beside the article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

Wtf?
    No way in hell something as major as this wasn't noticed by an editor.

Is this the same Michael Jackson everyone else is talking about?

yep sure is!
    we should all email rtaylor@independent.ie and congratulate him on his sterling up to the minute journalistic endeavours! seeing that is the same rag that likes to point out interesting anecdotes that boards members have made during the week!!
    Maybe we should make a stickie of it!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

RIP Michael crying.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Stev_o wrote: »
    Lisa it's your birthday...............

:(
    I'm being absolutely genuine when I say I consider that one of his finest musical moments. Those piano chords... just beautiful. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

dvpower wrote: »
    I'm really going to miss Princess Diana Michael Jackson
    Hardly comparing like with like. Diana was famous for being married to a royal, apparently shagging a lot of men (although probably no more than the average woman) and being quite pretty. Michael Jackson was famous for having a voice that bowled people over from when he was 10 years old, being a startlingly talented dancer, releasing groundbreaking records, and being a showman of epic proportions. He was famous on a stratospheric level well over half his life ago - he was/is a true icon, a brand name... you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who doesn't know who he was. His presence was integral to popular culture for a number of generations. I went from being "yeah it's tragic - oh I have to put on my washing now" to feeling pangs of genuine sadness yesterday evening when I watched a Michael Jackson retrospective. So many moments on it reminded me of my childhood - it's truly the end of an era and there is nothing wrong with mourning that (within reason of course).
    Take a look around the world..if you want to get exercised and animated about human suffering and death, do it in respect of Iran, Palestine, Zimbabwe, hell the homeless on our own streets.
    That's not in our nature. We are more touched by the individual stories, not the suffering on a mass scale. When the Ryan Report was released, it was the isolated cases that invoked so much horror in us, not the overall statistics. Of course hysteria over Michael Jackson by people who never knew him is uncalled-for - but frankly, trying to make people feel guilty for feeling a bit sad at his passing by going on about Palestine etc is just sanctimonious. And I don't know... I prefer to separate a person's professional life from their personal one. Music-wise he hasn't done anything remarkable, save for the occasional flash of greatness, since Thriller (and that had its weak moments). I think most people would agree the "groundbreaking" musical material being referred to is Jackson 5 to the early 80s... and this was long before the allegations.
    I don't understand the mentality that leads people to say Oh we should remember the good and not the bad, when the bad was he slept with kids in (at the very least) completly inappropriate ways.

When Jonathon Kings Dies should we only remember his work with Decca Records?
    Hardly, considering Jonathan King's work with Decca doesn't mirror Michael Jackson's body of work... oh and King was found guilty. Very poor comparison.
    I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility for a person to throw money at something to make it go away - even if they don't have anything to hide. I say that as someone who finds a lot of the stuff iffy.
    jesusofnaz wrote: »
    Quincy Jones era Jacko FTW.
    +1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Another celebrity Icon passes on... Now for the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

well tbh i dont get all this 'he paid for his innocence' crap. the fact that those parents accepted money over bringing justice for their child who they believe was abused speaks volumes- they were in it for the money from day one. i for one would not choose any amount of money over putting my childs alleged abuser in jail, or at least trying. and the fact that they took the 'pay off' is more proof than him offering it.
    he was ruined by the media and he may have done some ridiculously stupid things but i think people saw his flaws (mainly naivety) and took advantage at his expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Like Elvis his over dependency on some medications will have played a big part in his death .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Latchy wrote: »
    Like Elvis his over dependency on some medications will have played a big part in his death .

but how about.. fried peanut butter & banana sandwiches:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I thought MJ didn't sing 'Lisa It's Your Birthday'; he did the spoken voice in the episode but not the singing for some reason.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

~me~ wrote: »
    well tbh i dont get all this 'he paid for his innocence' crap. the fact that those parents accepted money over bringing justice for their child who they believe was abused speaks volumes- they were in it for the money from day one. i for one would not choose any amount of money over putting my childs alleged abuser in jail, or at least trying. and the fact that they took the 'pay off' is more proof than him offering it.
    he was ruined by the media and he may have done some ridiculously stupid things but i think people saw his flaws (mainly naivety) and took advantage at his expense.

Think how good a life their child would have with all that money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

dsmythy wrote: »
    Think how good a life their child would have with all that money.

yeh a good life knowing their abuser is free cause they took some of his money? no matter how poor i was id rather my childs rapist was put in jail. i really cant imagine any parent taking money over that. it could just be me, but i really cant get my head around that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement