Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

From a restrospective point of view I find this song to have sad truths to his life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5KAJw4y8wE&feature=fvst

:(

Ironically there's a paper saying he's frozen for '50' years at 0:27, and he died at age 50... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

Congress pauses for Michael Jackson
    090626_jackson3_ap_297.jpg

The House of Representatives observed a moment of silence Friday morning for the late pop star Michael Jackson.

The House of Representatives observed a moment of silence Friday morning for the late pop star Michael Jackson.

The moment was led by members of the Congressional Black Caucus. Reps. Diane Watson (D-Calif.) and Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) spoke about Jackson before asking members to rise for a moment of silence.

"Madam Speaker, if there is a God — and I believe there is — and that God distributes grace and mercy and talent to all his children, on Aug. 29, 1958, he touched Gary, Ind.," said Jackson.

Jackson said the singer's "heart couldn't get any bigger," adding: "I come to the floor today on behalf of a generation to thank God for living in his era."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

philstar wrote: »
    but how about.. fried peanut butter & banana sandwiches:confused:
    That's not medication , that's food and Elvis's overweight problem is well documented

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Has Jarvis Cocker said anything following Michaels death?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone else even approaching Michael's talent who has died in recent years. The last person who was similarly gifted was Freddie Mercury...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Irrespective of the allegations in recent years...

R.I.P Micheal Jackson:(

He really was an inspiration for many.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

~me~ wrote: »
    well tbh i dont get all this 'he paid for his innocence' crap. the fact that those parents accepted money over bringing justice for their child who they believe was abused speaks volumes- they were in it for the money from day one. i for one would not choose any amount of money over putting my childs alleged abuser in jail, or at least trying. and the fact that they took the 'pay off' is more proof than him offering it.
    he was ruined by the media and he may have done some ridiculously stupid things but i think people saw his flaws (mainly naivety) and took advantage at his expense.

I agree, the fact that they took the money rather than go the whole way in court speaks for itself.
    dsmythy wrote: »
    Think how good a life their child would have with all that money.

That's how they did think imo.
    ~me~ wrote: »
    yeh a good life knowing their abuser is free cause they took some of his money? no matter how poor i was id rather my childs rapist was put in jail. i really cant imagine any parent taking money over that. it could just be me, but i really cant get my head around that.

It showed them up for what they were, out for MJs money.
    If this wasn't the case they would not have accepted it and had their day in court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

I don't understand why everyone is so upset. If you believe he was a child molester then surely you cannot want anything more than to be sure he has paid and it won't happen again, and if you are a MJ fan how could you possibly want a poor man who has led such a troubled life to go through anymore or worse kill himself trying to do a tour which may have tarnished his indisputable reputation as the best song&dance act ever. The music will be there forever, future generations will still be dancing to "I want you back" and "ABC" long after his personal life has been forgotten. The bloke was a musical prodigy and unless you knew him personally everything that is important is still alive.

Sorry. My 2c.

Personally, I can't see anyone beating Smooth Criminal for it's choreography.

The guy was something else altogether.

He once said:
    "People think they know me, but they don't."
    Not really.Actually, I am one of the loneliest people on this earth.
    I cry sometimes, because it hurts.
    "To be honest,I guess you could say that it hurts to be me."

Not for all the money in the world would I like to be in that place.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Such a tragic story, breaks my heart to see pictures of him as a kid and as a young man before his appearance started to change, he never had a chance the poor chap.

RIP Michael

• Advertisement

I agree, the fact that they took the money rather than go the whole way in court speaks for itself.
    Well there's that aside from the fact the the kid only ever confessed being molested when he was under the influence of Sodium Amytal.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Personally, I can't see anyone beating Smooth Criminal for it's choreography.

YEP, his best for me, though I'm a sucker for anything 20/30's, love The Sting.

I listened to his songs last night too and it could be interpreted different ways.

Anyway, no more of that, but something to bear in mind.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Apparently in the upcoming shows in London, the performance of Smooth Criminal was not to be performed as he usually had performed the song live. Instead it was to be a full on stage recreation of the music video.

Different times. As can be seen from recent scandals here, even in the early 90's child sexual abuse was a new phenomenon. Little was known about it.

We all seen recently that leaving kids alone is still accepted by many, never mind leaving them with a pop star in the public eye 15/16 years ago.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

That first child ADMITTED that he LIED about the allegations.

Child abuse is tough to prove in a court of law.

Many Irish victims chose the compensation route rather than be subjected to lawyer or barrister questioning.

The treatment of the FF Mayor who spoke out on Q&A's and other programmes will show you how victims of abuse are treated.

Rape victims often choose not to prosecute. I wouldn't read too much into the "they took the money" defence.

mateo wrote: »
    That first child ADMITTED that he LIED about the allegations.

I don't think this is actually true. As far as I'm aware this rumor started as a news story to try and spread a virus.

K-9 wrote: »
    Rape victims often choose not to prosecute. I wouldn't read too much into the "they took the money" defence.
    Your point is invalidated by the fact that the boys father met with Michael and his lawyer before anything went public and demanded a contract for a movie deal or else he would go public and take it to a criminal trial. When they told him to shove it up his bollox, they went public. The father was looking for cash from the start, not justice. Weeks later after an investigation was launched an Insurance company pushed Jackson to make an out of court settlement. Probably to protect their $1 Billion investment. This is a smart business decisions because there was a small possibility he may have been convicted regardless of whether he was in fact innocent or guilty.

As far as I'm aware Jackson paid almost nothing to the Chandlers.

But hey... Michael Jackson was kind of eccentric, so I guess that's enough for us to be able to label him a child molester regardless of what the facts suggest.

Sir Molle wrote: »

But hey... Michael Jackson was kind of eccentric, so I guess that's enough for us to be able to label him a child molester regardless of what the facts suggest.

And naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sofa kingcool

micheal was a good person..

the kids who acused him only wanted money in the end ,they didnt care less whether he was put behind bars or not...the kids were more than likely set up by their parents to get money off him..

i believe hes innocent..RIP Micheal!

his spirit will live on through his music forever..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Parser

In so many news reports and papers you see the words "The world mourns Micheal Jacksons death"

**** off.

I certainly don't mourn him, and the majority of the people in the world don't give a **** either.

Only the pathetic feel emotion for "celebrities".

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Parser wrote: »
    In so many news reports and papers you see the words "The world mourns Micheal Jacksons death"

**** off.

I certainly don't mourn him, and the majority of the people in the world don't give a **** either.

Only the pathetic feel emotion for "celebrities".

If you post in this thread again I will ban you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I don't believe his innocence that much, but hey he's still a legend!

RIP Michael Jackson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I don't believe his innocence that much, but hey he's still a legend!

RIP Michael Jackson

Well, the parents ALLOWED their children into his bed so they could milk him for money with false allegations. And the Arvizo family were proven to be fraudsters and liars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I dunno how guilty he is but if he is a bit guilty...then it's not exactly a shock that he developed those tendancies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Parser

If you post in this thread again I will ban you.

Parser wrote: »
    Banned.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

very hard to take this, even some days later, a level of loss unmeasurable

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

I can't believe i am so sad to finally buy his music. I had always liked a couple of his songs. Maybe more than a couple of them. But i never had any on the ipod. Went to download an album of itunes. It takes his death to make me buy his music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

i just think its an utterly incredably sad sad news - he was a music genius spectacular performer outstanding coriographer and seemed like a really laid back nice guy - i personally never believed any of the allegations against him not even for a split second - i feel for his children and his family and how utterly davastating this is for them

may he rest in peace he didnt always have here in life - he was a true inspiration and icon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement