Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭ronano

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Hurr Durr I'm an idiot.
    I read that too quick and was like "The mad-man, leaving all his things to E.T! And him a bloody alien!"

----

The Michael Jackson 'shrine' on Grafton Street is a tad creepy, A LOT of flowers there now.

I presume it was put there by hmv?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Michael Jackson was my idol as a kid and to this day enjoy his music. He was and is a musical icon. There will be no bigger personality to die in my lifetime.

Yes they guy was weird, but his genius was as unique as his persona was different, and ut was this difference that made him vulnerable.

I wept.

RIP Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

tis a week later and i still cant believe he is gone - i thought of him as a talent we wont come across for another generation or two - his talent his genius his coriography his character even his idealistic innocence in this twisted world he still wanted to believe in a world of dreams and fantasy but if you never had a childhood when you are an adult and have the money wouldnt we all want a neverland our own personal disneyland to have at least some of what we should have had - he was a truly gifted person and singer and dancer - i have always admired him even taking inspiration to be a trained dancer - never went further than a show or two but i still do my moves even at my age - ha ha

may you rest in peace mj that you didnt always have in life -

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

He looks healthy vital and completely ready for these gigs in that video..I'm beginning to think there was an element of foul play involved..after all, he's worth a whole lot more dead to the people who leeched off him, family included, than he were alive..heartbreaking to watch..gigs woulda been incredible...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

My mother thinks his kids (the blonde ones) are ringers for Mark Lester (the boy who played Oliver in the original movie. Mark and Michael were very good friends.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

deelite wrote: »
    My mother thinks his kids (the blonde ones) are ringers for Mark Lester (the boy who played Oliver in the original movie. Mark and Michael were very good friends.....

I read another rumour that his plastic surgeon was the father and that michael did not father children himself because he did not want his children to look like joe jackson.

Theres hundreds of rumours flying around and i think realistically we'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Anyone think his kids will ever get into the music industry? A moniker like Prince Michael (Prince of Pop anyone?) would go down well, very pop royalty. This is just something that popped up in my mind the other day just thinking of the likes of Julian and Sean Lennon.

robby^5 wrote: »
    Anyone think his kids will ever get into the music industry? A moniker like Prince Michael (Prince of Pop anyone?) would go down well, very pop royalty. This is just something that popped up in my mind the other day just thinking of the likes of Julian and Sean Lennon.
    Not unless Joe Jackson gets his hands on them, but I think Mike's mother would intervene in that case and stop him.

I don't think it was Michael's wish to push his kids to follow in his footsteps. I believe he said that when they are old enough to decide for themselves, if they wanted to go down his road he would let them. Hopefully who ever is their guardian now will respect that decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

I had a rethink about the whole child molestation thing since so many people seem to think the kids were lying and their parent's were just in it for the money.

So I checked out some more Jacko videos and articles and stuff and the two things that really make me think he sexually abused these kids were these two facts:

1- the last kid that claimed he was sexually abused by Jackson was able to identify his penis from a photo

2- Jackson blatantly lied about his face and his skin colour being changed. If he was able to lie so freely about that all his life then the same thing could be said about him being able to lie about those kids.

I'd imagine I'd care a lot more about him dying if I'd didn't know he was a kiddy fiddler.

I had a rethink about the whole child molestation thing since so many people seem to think the kids were lying and their parent's were just in it for the money.

So I checked out some more Jacko videos and articles and stuff and the two things that really make me think he sexually abused these kids were these two facts:

1- the last kid that claimed he was sexually abused by Jackson was able to identify his penis from a photo

2- Jackson blatantly lied about his face and his skin colour being changed. If he was able to lie so freely about that all his life then the same thing could be said about him being able to lie about those kids.

I'd imagine I'd care a lot more about him dying if I'd didn't know he was a kiddy fiddler.
    Hey, the threat title says "CHAT, NOT JOKES". Stop posting jokes, thanks.

And you obviously gave it a lot of thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

You obviously were looking at some pretty dodgy sources to get that sort of wrong information.

1. No such thing ever happened

2. Who is to say he didnt only have two surgeries? Age causes changes in your face and losing your skin pigmentation will show your facial structure differently, weight also had an affect. He never IIRC said he had not had a rhinoplasty but what all started it was him breaking his nose and then having to redo it as it was causing him breathing problems and a cleft to his chin. Unless you have to evidence to prove otherwise I believe him. About his skin, he obviously was traumatised by it, imagine growing up black and suddenly become spotty white and black infront of millions of people and eventually become a pale white all while being accused of something you know is medically impossible but the tabloids make people believe its not. You need to read into it to understand

Don't believe sh1tty tabloids, they are 90% fiction, 10% sensationalised fact.

I don't believe he had as many as people let on that he did, however he had at least three jobs done on his nose. One in the early 80's in between the Off The Wall and Thriller Albums, one in about 1985 between Thriller and Bad also getting a chin cleft, and one in 2000.

The pictures you see in magazines showing you the progression of the changes to his face are very often not even in chronological order which proves that they are letting on that he had more than he actually had.

Original nose:
    http://a.getbackimages.com/uri/w514_h676_cfalse/photo-of-michael-jackson/image/2/9/9/1/2991849.jpg

Thriller nose:
    http://z.hubpages.com/u/536958_f260.jpg

Bad - 2000 nose:
    http://kingofpop.nl/e107_plugins/sgallery/pics/wxfp6tawfjk/dan11.jpg

The nose from 2000 onwards
    http://img.tamtay.vn/files/photo2/2009/6/26/11/486/4a44489c_697eb1d0_1.jpg

If it looks different it different photos it can be credited to his make up, hairstyle, ageing, the photography and lighting conditions and his ever skin color.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

oh come on.. are we still on about the surgery??

get over it folks..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Sir Molle wrote: »

I honestly don't understand why he went beyond this - he actually looked good then (Minus the cleft of the chin). :/

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

he has 16 hits in irelands top 50 chart singles this week. amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

oh come on.. are we still on about the surgery??

get over it folks..
    It's as if no one else has EVER had any type of plastic surgery and for f*cks sake the only reason he had a rhinoplasty was he broke his nose in the late 70s and had to get corrective surgery to well repair his nose, apparently it didn't work that well and he breathing problems so he got a 2nd rhinoplasty, Maybe he had a 3rd, maybe he didn't but in the end whats the big deal?

Some people just won't leave him alone even when he's gone, Knowing why he did it helps you understand unless you like to believe the reasons of truth in the tabloids :rolleyes:

I only brought it up because apparently the fact that he was untruthful about it in an interview apparently it's enough for some people to conclude that he did infact molest a bunch of kids. As if he had no right to be untruthful about his nose since we all have a god given right to know every detail about his personal life apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

It's as if no one else has EVER had any type of plastic surgery and for f*cks sake the only reason he had a rhinoplasty was he broke his nose in the late 70s and had to get corrective surgery to well repair his nose, apparently it didn't work that well and he breathing problems so he got a 2nd rhinoplasty, Maybe he had a 3rd, maybe he didn't but in the end whats the big deal?

Some people just won't leave him alone even when he's gone, Knowing why he did it helps you understand unless you like to believe the reasons of truth in the tabloids :rolleyes:

I thought he had his nose done because he was self-concious of it due to his father kept calling him big nose, or something along those lines. :o

He originally had it done because he broke his nose and had trouble breathing. It is suspected that the ridicule he suffered from his family is the reason beyond that but it's impossible to know. It could be that he just wanted to look that way. He may have wanted to create an image of himself that would last forever, and it worked, because he was one of the most recognisable people on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 leesabunny

hi guys,
    i was just wondering is there anybody travelling from ireland next monday to london for the vigil at the o2 for michael jackson. im flying from shannon, just wanted to know anyone else going around the same time?
    Leesa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

your Joking right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

leesabunny wrote: »
    hi guys,
    i was just wondering is there anybody travelling from ireland next monday to london for the vigil at the o2 for michael jackson. im flying from shannon, just wanted to know anyone else going around the same time?
    Leesa

What are you going to do when you get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

he was no kiddy fiddler - it easy for kids to coerced by police who want their man - does this one no this one look familiar - i dont think they would show so called tramatised kids a mans penis - come on now be clever if someone is molested do you really think they can identify the appendige that did - what you say makes no sense - you would absolutely tramatise a kid showing them that if it was true story...

and if you are constantly strutanised over every move you make everything you say etc you will says things like bout his face etc put things straight. and how do you now he really didnt have the desease he says he had vilitago - i saw an interview that he had years ago with oprah whinfrey and he said that he gets so tired of people saying things and people exagerating things that unless you sat across from him and talked to him direct how can you judge cause you are only believing what the media want to sensationalise to sell more copies of their newspapers- which is so true

i am sorry also if i was sexually abused - both me and my family would not stop until justice was done and no amount of money would change my mind or their minds to drop a case - it must also be noted it was his music company that forced him to settle he wanted to keep going to prove his innocence but because he had an album out near the time they paid out-

and years later he was vindicated as innocent of the next person who wanted to make money out of him

he had no childhood - he was mentally emotionally and pysically abused by his father as where the rest of the jackson 5 none of them are what you say as normal - michael had an innocent believe in life and lookout in life and it was his downfall yes but he was harmless at the same time

what a brilliant genius man entertainer showman and genuine man he was

may he rest in the peace he didnt always have in life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

what a brilliant genius man entertainer showman and genuine man he was

I don't think much about his world,from the company he kept to his family life was Genuine in any way

he lived in a detached,deluded fantasy world a million miles from reality that ultimately i find very depressing and sad

he was no Saint

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

phasers wrote: »
    "I asked Michael Jackson under hypnosis if he touched a child"

Jesus Christ Uri Geller is a wanker

yep! thought he was out of order to be honest! (not about him saying he believes jacksons didnt abuse but more so the fact he admits to crossing the line with his hypnosis thing)......and his subject is now dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

Jackson couldnt have molested kids. And it was that trial that caused his death. All that medication - he never coped well with his life any way, and used meds, we all know that, but the combination he was on now.....bet that was him trying to cope with the abuse charges and trial. F****d him up big time. The world has alot to answer for. Sensitive genuine genius that he was.

Did any one watch his sister la toya in celeb big brother last year? she opened my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I think theres a lot of people who leeched of his fame.

David Gest and Uri Geller spring to mind.

I saw David Gest presenting a Michael Jacksons top 50 videos a few months ago on VH1. Before introducing each video he'd say stuff like "I remember when Michael first played me this song and i told him to change this bit and that and then it was a hit"etc

As for Uri Geller he seemed to revel in talking to the media about Michael and seemed to get him in more trouble by doing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement