Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

I couldn't believe the TV3 coverage. There were two guest speakers who before the memorial did nothing but criticize mike, so much so that they actually read out complaints to the speakers live on air from people who were shocked and who had texted in calling them out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Berry got it right, simply
    " The greatest ever "

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭poms

that was so sad, especially MJ's daughter crying, that did it for me. It defo looked like she wanted to speak cos she was looking at Janet to adjust the microphone and there is nothing at all distastful askng the child to "speak up sweetheart" the girl prob wanted to say something to her dad and for the world to hear and she would have prob have been upset later on if she found out no one could hear her.

The family were just helping the girl out. No need to nit-pick at everything

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Just turned over to Sky news coverage and it really is terrible (was watchin BBC2) your one in LA just commented on how Paris spoke of her love for her mother, like come on it's not that hard to get right!!! :rolleyes:
    I noticed that, I thought I'd misheard :eek:

And there was a good few seconds of silence then, you'd think she'd have corrected herself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

all i can say is it was a very sombre memorial - it was what it should have been - my heart nearly broke when his daughter paris spoke that poor poor girl and his two sons - it was nice to see the whole family pull so closely together - shame it took michaels death for the world to witness it- i know they supported his trials and tribulations but that raw emotion - can anyone tell me if his father joe was on stage at that end part from when jermaine spoke then marlon then paris - didnt see him there

anyways a very very sad day - was a huge fan - even got into dancing from listening to his music - never got far with it but ah ya know

may you rest in peace michael now that you didnt always have in life xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Sir Molle wrote: »
    I couldn't believe the TV3 coverage. There were two guest speakers who before the memorial did nothing but criticize mike, so much so that they actually read out complaints to the speakers live on air from people who were shocked and who had texted in calling them out.

Criticised Mike-no way.!!!

Are they not entitled to their views just like you??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Not when they're presenting a celebration of his life ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

That was too sad...I bawled :o Blanket is defo MJ's child. He's the head off him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

news keeps saying where was the people on the streets but the cops kept saying don't come

• Advertisement

Fuck yeah.....
    We're entitled to our opinions, so lets go to their fucking funeral and criticize them.

Sorry, Fred Phelps. I don't agree.

Get out of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

shezzie wrote: »
    all i can say is it was a very sombre memorial - it was what it should have been - my heart nearly broke when his daughter paris spoke that poor poor girl and his two sons - it was nice to see the whole family pull so closely together - shame it took michaels death for the world to witness it- i know they supported his trials and tribulations but that raw emotion - can anyone tell me if his father joe was on stage at that end part from when jermaine spoke then marlon then paris - didnt see him there

anyways a very very sad day - was a huge fan - even got into dancing from listening to his music - never got far with it but ah ya know

may you rest in peace michael now that you didnt always have in life xx

Don't think he was up there at the end. Don't think he should of been there at all, it might seem a bit harsh and all seen as he was his father but I really do think he was an evil so and so and alot of MJ's problems IMO can be linked to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

poms wrote: »
    that was so sad, especially MJ's daughter crying, that did it for me. It defo looked like she wanted to speak cos she was looking at Janet to adjust the microphone and there is nothing at all distastful askng the child to "speak up sweetheart" the girl prob wanted to say something to her dad and for the world to hear and she would have prob have been upset later on if she found out no one could hear her.

The family were just helping the girl out. No need to nit-pick at everything

wasnt nit-picking, was giving my opinion on something.
    he spent his whole life covering his kids faces wherever they went and then he dies and they make a speech on tv for everyone to see, just thought it was distasteful to michael himself. my opinion, apologies if it offended you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Thought most of it was good.. obviously I, as most of boards, was raised Catholic and probably not used to that type of service.

But, apart from the odd bit (His daughter being pushed into speaking at the end); it was a fitting tribute.

As Michael now rests in peace, I hope the media have the decency to let his family finally have some peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

its mj body watch now on the news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭poms

brummytom wrote: »

As Michael now rests in peace, I hope the media have the decency to let his family finally have some peace.

Hear hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Fuck yeah.....
    We're entitled to our opinions, so lets go to their fucking funeral and criticize them.

Sorry, Fred Phelps. I don't agree.

Get out of this thread.

:confused:

Great, so now posters can tell other posters to get out of certain threads??

Mods???

GSB

The TV3 coverage was a disgrace.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Get out of this thread.
    Please leave the modding to the mods. Report a post if you have a problem with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Anyone else let out at least a small snigger at the start of Berry Gordys tribute? Childish. meh! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OpQql8vm3A

"he was driven by his hunger to learn, to constantly top himself...."

• Advertisement

I didn't snigger, but I did think "bad choice of words". Same when Brooke Shields said something about his heart jumping out of his chest....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

R.I.P michael, freaky or not the last 10 years he was still the greatest icon the world will ever see and will be missed by everybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Didn't realise his kids were so old, have to feel sorry for them with some of the media coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

I don't think Paris was pushed into speaking, Michaels brother was about to ask Janet to speak you could hear him say Janet then Paris seemed to signal to Janet that she wanted to speak. The family couldn't not let her speak if she wanted to.
    I can't help but feel sad in a way though that Michael kept his children so hidden all there life and now they're catapulted majorly into the public eye. I felt bad for the children on stage (his children) during the heal the world song and all the other children hitting off them and dancing I felt it was a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

His daughter's tribute was very touching

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

That was too sad...I bawled :o Blanket is defo MJ's child. He's the head off him.

Yeah the Daughter broke me up badly, proves he was a great dad, Blanket deffo has the head of him and when Paris started crying caught a shot of him burst out crying as well. Found the evening very emotional especially with Stevie, Brooke, Usher, would have liked someone to have sung Ben as thats one of my favs maybe the kid from Britain's got talent could have done it.
    Have to say it was a great tribute to the man, I was lucky enough to see him when he played here.

RIP Michael :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Why do people keep going on about his children not having their faces covered?

Has no one stopped to think, that maybe they disliked it and now can be like every other child.

Going to post these photos because they show a normal side to mike, especially the photos with his kids.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=98326918727&view=all

Yeah the Daughter broke me up badly, proves he was a great dad, Blanket deffo has the head of him and when Paris started crying caught a shot of him burst out crying as well. Found the evening very emotional especially with Stevie, Brooke, Usher, would have liked someone to have sung Ben as thats one of my favs maybe the kid from Britain's got talent could have done it.
    Have to say it was a great tribute to the man, I was lucky enough to see him when he played here.

RIP Michael :(

Did you want us to lose it altogether??! I would have been in a right state - so embarrassing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 8

Michael was a God, of sorts, but not really. Think about it?

Stop being haters and just feel the love, Ya'll haters.

YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN MICHAEL!

The sky news review was very good IMO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement