Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

RIP Micheal!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

murpho999 wrote: »
    All very strange, Sky news have him as dead but CNN & Fox only say taken to hospital.

if you look and listen properly to sky you'll see they're only quoting tmz so they dont look like fools if its wrong. it looks like he is dead but it is unconfirmed. tmz are the only people to 'confirm' it as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

They're not going to confirm he's dead until the family are notified. It's standard procedure in any country. But from all the talk it seems he's gone. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

All very strange, Sky news have him as dead but CNN & Fox only say taken to hospital.

They're American so at least five hours behind us.

/Grabs white glove...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

Well if it is true, I hope before he died that he knew he defined an entire generation, and millions of people still respected both him and his music. RIP Michael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Fox aren't confirming the death.. just saying it 'looks bleak'

Fcuking media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Sky is based in the UK, CNN and Fox are in the US. He won't be dead over there for another 5-8 hours.

Bah, beaten (shakes fist at Mairt)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Record sales x 10 million in the next week.

Crazy news, but if its true, how crazy can it be.

I'd imagine his diet, health, daily medication etc would have been pivotal in the final moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Most likely dead I would say. He wasn't breathing when they picked him up and TMZ, which had already recieved statements from his brothers and dad, have now said he has passed away. They obviously have some connection inside the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ZiMZuM

Sky News saying he died,no matter what happened in his private life it cannot be denied that he was a great music artist! R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

God I'm glad I'm off work tomorrow - wont have to deal with the influx of dead-person jokes flooding into the mail servers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Wonder how long it will be before the conspiracy theories start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Not confirmed yet ... just the gutter journalism that sky news is to get the story first ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

cornbb wrote: »
    Just to break the thread up a bit:

Disabled video mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

TMZ are the website confirming he is dead, Sky is using them as their source that he is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dublintuition

yep, not confirmed yet. But very critical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

zokrez wrote: »
    Jeez he took the news of Farrah Fawcett pretty badily !

FF is dead too? :confused: I really should pick up a newspaper occasionally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Some guy on CNN using an awful lot of Past Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

~me~ wrote: »
    if you look and listen properly to sky you'll see they're only quoting tmz so they dont look like fools if its wrong. it looks like he is dead but it is unconfirmed. tmz are the only people to 'confirm' it as of yet.

I can look and listen properly....I'm not stupid.

My point is that Sky are reporting him as dead but the american networks are only talking about him being in hospital and not quoting any sources about him being dead. I think there must be stricter speculation laws in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

She only died today 2. There's a thread on her somewhere aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Heee Heeeeeeeee's dead!

RIP Jacko ya mad bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I can't believe it:(. I hope it turns out that it's untrue. The mans a legend.

But it seems like the prince of pop is dead. Long live the prince.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wonder if he has some special arrangements for his body, like cryogenics?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

jackdaw wrote: »
    Not confirmed yet ... just the gutter journalism that sky news is to get the story first ...

Kay Burley and the smoking gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Whatever bad you can say about the man, there's no denying that he was a great musician and entertainer.

And for all the bad **** he may have done, worse was probably done to him growing up in a world of performing, and abuse by his dad.

What a sad life for someone so iconic

Ah sh1t man. If my violin wasn't in the repair shop right now, I would totally have your back right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yep. BBC link. RIP Jacko if true. Musically he was phenomenal, especially in that glorious late 70s-mid 80s period.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

stovelid wrote: »
    Disabled video mate

Oops, my bad.

Lets try this one:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Man who ever inherits his estate is going to be in a world of shit..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

expect a reference to farrah fawcett in the suicide note. i feels it in me bones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement