Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Dave D wrote: »
    BreakingNews Now says he is in a coma http://twitter.com/BreakingNews

Wtf kinda headline is that,
    "URGENT -- The L.A. Times reports that Michael Jackson is in a coma, other reports are saying and some confirming he has died."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If he is dead, let him rest in peace. Forget the BS and all the rest and look at his musical legacy. Off the wall, Thriller? Seminal works of genius. Not my bag but I can appreciate the talent behind it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Sky have changed their headline to him being in a coma now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

jumpguy wrote: »
    I've never even heard of TMZ.com. Trust Sky to make such a huge statement on the basis of a little celebrity gossip website made it. Fu€king retards.

I'll believe when it's confirmed by the hospital.

I've already got a couple of calls from friends about it.
    TMZ are bigger than sky. Just because you never heard of it doesn'y mean its nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

They haven't confirmed it, they are only referencing the TMZ report.

For what it's worth OK! Magazine have also confirmed his death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Until a man in a white coat stands on the steps of the hospital and read out a statement saying he is dead its all pish.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

did,nt read the whole thread but just incase someone had,nt noticed .
    the thread two down on the after hours main page .
    "have you ever considered cosmetic surgery":eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

joeperry wrote: »
    Poor Uri Gellar has lost his best mate.

and Bubbles, don't forget Bubbles.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I will admit I'm not a fan of Michael Jackson.. he made some great music but all and all, I just was never a fan.

However.. despite all the criticism against him and his personal life, legal issues (etc), it's very sad to see the man pass away at 50.

Think of all he has went through in the last 10 - 15 years. I can't imagine he enjoyed his life at all throughout this and although we all have had a laugh at his expense.. but even in his rumoured death, can people actually simply let the jokes lie for a short time. They're not clever and most of them are 5 years old.

I know I'm saying this in After Hours and jokes are bound to be made.. but to be honest, I'm actually very sad to see him pass away (that's if it is true) after the absolutely horrible time he's went through both by the public and the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I know it has little to do with MJ's presumed death, but what's with people using RTE as a news source? RTE is a state broadcaster. Irish Times for the win.

People are saying lawyers will have a bit of craic dividing up his estate, most of it is due to the banks, he has huge debts, but no doubt Neverland will become a tourist attraction and he'll dig himself out of his debts (but not the grave) posthumously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

CNN saying he's in a coma.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I made a **** joke at the start of this thread, which was uncalled for...

Every news station seems to have a slightly different story, it's hard to know which to believe/trust. :/ Whatever's the truth, the fact that he's seriously ill/dead is horrible; he was and is a legend, and above all a father.

Jesus Christ, give someone a keyboard and they lose all respect for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

May he rest in peace and long live his music. Another legend leaves us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dublintuition

Adrian Kennedy confirmed it on his Phoneshow. Thats it, it's official now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

FYI Some posts deleted for safety's sake.
    People report posts if you have issues.
    I cannot believe this is happening.
    you're gonna be busy tonight, the child molestation jokes alone will be enough to bring the server down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

la times cites city and law enforcement forces that he's died. rip.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

la times confirm he has died. never seen a thread progress so quickly

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's confirmed now that he's dead.

RIP:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LA Times are reporting Jackson is dead, story was of a Coma, now dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

The only website stating that he is dead is TMZ. No other website have confirmed from their own sources that he is dead.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Grew up listening to this guy and his music. Amazing artist and singer but a few doubts about other aspects.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

basquille wrote: »
    I will admit I'm not a fan of Michael Jackson.. he made some great music but all and all, I just was never a fan.

However.. despite all the criticism against him and his personal life, legal issues (etc), it's very sad to see the man pass away at 50.

Think of all he has went through in the last 10 - 15 years. I can't imagine he enjoyed his life at all throughout this and although we all have had a laugh at his expense.. but even in his rumoured death, can people actually simply let the jokes lie for a short time. They're not clever and most of them are 5 years old.

I know I'm saying this in After Hours and jokes are bound to be made.. but to be honest, I'm actually very sad to see him pass away (that's if it is true) after the absolutely horrible time he's went through both by the public and the media.
    That actually mirrors my own thoughts very well, i was never a fan, but it is very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

LA Times - he's dead

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

LA Times now have him as dead. Most bizarre. RIP and thanks for the musical memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Photi wrote: »
    CNN saying he's in a coma.

yep, LA times newspaper is saying Wacko's in a COMA!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

LA times says he's dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

LA Times Confrimation - He's dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

LA Law enforcement confirming he's dead, according to Sky

This discussion has been closed.