Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10% Discount on O2 Speakeasy Phones Until June 30th

• 25-06-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭

Valid until June 30th
    Voucher code: ONSALENOWPROMO

Picked myself up a nokia 5800 this evening with e30 off :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

does it work with an existing offer on a phone e.g. 30 euro already off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Wonder if it works for the iPhone too ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

Original link http://www.onsalenow.ie/?p=s&sch=details&store=61&prod=155763

"Offer:The voucher code entitles you to 10% off all Speakeasy FTC and Speakeasy Upgrades"

Doesnt appear to be any restrictions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

It doesn't work for the Iphone 3GS, hardly surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

long_b wrote: »
    Wonder if it works for the iPhone too ?
    TheDriver wrote: »
    does it work with an existing offer on a phone e.g. 30 euro already off?

It does not work for any iPhones, nor does it work for offer of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I attempted to test the code by buying a Sony Ericsson C510, which is €139, but once I get to the last step after entering the code, the total price is still €139.

Has anyone tested the code and seen a discount applied before confirming the order at the final stage?

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I attempted to test the code by buying a Sony Ericsson C510, which is €139, but once I get to the last step after entering the code, the total price is still €139.

Has anyone tested the code and seen a discount applied before confirming the order at the final stage?

Not giving the 10% on the C510 for some reason, while it is working for other phones. Its not offer of the week so im not sure why, might be a glitch, or was it offer of the week last week?

Davy wrote: »
    Not giving the 10% on the C510 for some reason, while it is working for other phones. Its not offer of the week so im not sure why, might be a glitch, or was it offer of the week last week?

I'm unaware if it was or not. I know 10% is only approximately €13 off the price, but every Euro counts. ;)

I'm unaware if it was or not. I know 10% is only approximately €13 off the price, but every Euro counts. ;)

Your only option is to get onto o2 and tell them their is a glitch, or any other reason why its excluded. You have till tuesday,,,clock is ticking :D

Davy wrote: »
    Your only option is to get onto o2 and tell them their is a glitch, or any other reason why its excluded. You have till tuesday,,,clock is ticking :D

I plan on doing just that; wish me luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Rsaeire - did that ever come through for you. Looking to get a C510 on a similar offer new code, and like you said while this code works for most other phones (have tried it with other nokia / sony erricson and it shows the 10% discount) it still doesn't seem to work with the C510.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055648212

Rsaeire - did that ever come through for you. Looking to get a C510 on a similar offer new code, and like you said while this code works for most other phones (have tried it with other nokia / sony erricson and it shows the 10% discount) it still doesn't seem to work with the C510.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055648212

Short answer? No, it did not.

Long answer.

- I sent a request for clarification regarding the discount code via the O2 website contact form on Friday, 26 June 2009, shortly after my last post on this thread.

- I received a reply from O2 around lunchtime the following Monday, 29 June 2009, advising that my "O2 mobile number/account number has been omitted" and so I replied about an hour later with an O2 mobile number.

- I received another reply on Thursday, 02 July 2009, advising "I have forwarded your email to our online team and will be in contact you once I have an update on this matter".

- I then received yet another reply on Tuesday, 07 July 2009 advising "In response to your enquiry our Online Shop Team are looking into this at present for you. We will be in contact with you regrard to this."

Since 07 Jul 2009, I've heard nothing. The thing is, the discount code was only valid until 30 June 2009, four days after I had sent my initial message, so I don't know why they continued to respond in the manner they did after the validity date had passed.

In anyway, I hope you receive better customer service from 02 than I did. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kattierney

In anyway, I hope you receive better customer service from 02 than I did. ;)

Looks like i'll be staying with meteor after all. I tried contacting them on the 20th. Took O2 a week to reply to my initial query, apart from the 'Thank you for contacting O2 'CCMA Contact Centre of the Year 2008' automated responce. After providing them with the promocode they said they needed to check it out, i haven't heard from them since.

And now to make them much more appealing they've put up their autumn special offers which only removes any online discounts that had been available during the summer. Their customer service is certainly not winning me over.

Advertisement