Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queenstown - where to watch UFC?

• 25-06-2009 10:53pm

Does anyone here recommend and places (any places at all) where I will be able to watch UFC 100 on july 11th? Will Queenstown even be tuning in to it? It's a huge fight card and I can't miss it. Even if you know of a place that CAN show it i.e. as it has cable, let me know and I'll try my best with them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Is it Pay per view? If so you might be out of luck as I doubt if any bars in Queenstown are going to pay to get it in. Also if it is on at a silly time in the morning when the pubs are closed then you are right out of luck.

In that case your best chance is to find someone in Qtown who has a Sky connection and ask them if you can pay to get it in and watch it in their place. A hostel might facilitate this but only if you are staying there.

Otherwise the Irish bar in the shopping centre might be a good place to start. Doubt if Winnies would be keen on showing it, also the Pig and Whitsle show a lot of sport, you could try there also.

Yeah as for the time I'm kind of unsure, it usually starts at what 3am in Ireland with the main card being on at usually 5am right? So we are 11 hours ahead of Irish time which would mean it would be on at around 2pm NZ time. Where I'm staying at the moment has Sky Movies, maybe if i contact reception and ask them, they might be able to get it in for me and i'll pay for it or something.

Or I'll chance the bars first but doubt it would have much following over here, i'd prob be the only one there cheering it on. :) thanks for the reply, any other info, let me know

Advertisement