Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson - RIP [Discuss tastefully (no cruel jokes) here]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

RIP Michael...

A legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

This is awful. :(

RIP Jacko

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I think these quotes sum it all up

The Dude: ****in' Quintana... that creep can roll, man.
    Walter Sobchak: Yeah, but he's a pervert, Dude.
    The Dude: Yeah.
    Walter Sobchak: No, he's a sex offender. With a record. He served 6 months in Chino for exposing himself to an eight year old.
    The Dude: Oh!
    Walter Sobchak: When he moved to Hollywood he had to go door to door to tell everyone he was a pederast.
    Donny: What's a... pederast, Walter?
    Walter Sobchak: Shut the **** up, Donny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

RIP Michael Jackson. Icon that'll live forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Walter Sobchak: No, he's a sex offender. With a record. He served 6 months in Chino for exposing himself to an eight year old.
    Walter Sobchak: When he moved to Hollywood he had to go door to door to tell everyone he was a pederast.
    What exactly do they sum up? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

completely out of the blue. RIP

sml68 wrote: »
    Any chance of those txt jokes!!
    Nope... not here!

Consider this a warning in advance of anything else thinking of posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

All 3 of the threads were started around the same time and noone beat the news media to it. BBC news had as did Sky News before any of the threads started here.

The following thread was started ONE HOUR before this one so in my opinion the no new threads statement here is a bit rich!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055603603

Once again RIP to Michael - a musical and dance genius. Off The Wall is one of my favourite albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

basquille wrote: »
    What exactly do they sum up? :confused:

That he could roll, but he was also a pederast

• Advertisement

dixiefly wrote: »
    The following thread was started ONE HOUR before this one so in my opinion the no new threads statement here is a bit rich!

Once again RIP to Michael - a musical and dance genius. Off The Wall is one of my favourite albums.
    There was 4 threads created on the 'Music Forum' at one time.. so they've been merged to this one. I meant no new threads on this forum!

And it's a different forum to After Hours and Celebrity & Showbiz.. a thread dedicated to his passing here is welcome.

Given that many US stations had it even before that thread started I'm assuming that it was not boards informing the world. Even with that in mind Music is the best forum for this news as a forum like after hours is only going to involve every poster trying to come up with the best joke in order to get the most thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

Seriously, WTF is that supposed to mean?

Get real.

R.I.P Jacko if you are dead.

I'm having difficulty accepting it.

Coma is more believable but still bad all the same.

The media killed the poor fecker, hope they're proud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

legend of an artist . everytime i listen to thriller i still get a shiver down my spine because its so good. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

There was 4 threads created on the 'Music Forum' at one time.. so they've been merged to this one. I meant no new threads on this forum!

And it's a different forum to After Hours and Celebrity & Showbiz.. a thread dedicated to his passing here is welcome.

I apologise, this is a better place alright. Some jerks on AH posting jokes (not even funny ones).

Given that many US stations had it even before that thread started I'm assuming that it was not boards informing the world. Even with that in mind Music is the best forum for this news as a forum like after hours is only going to involve every poster trying to come up with the best joke in order to get the most thanks.
    Couldn't have said it better myself Darko.

Kudos sir!

The thread here is going to remain tasteful.. and any cruel comments or jokes should be reported and I'll deal with them.

This is not After Hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Why did YOU start this thread when there was already one started ?- the other guy even beat the news media to the news.

Because I didn't see it, no need to shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

ABC
    RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

im hoping i wake up in the morning and this isnt true.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

There's very few celebrities that I'd be truely shocked if I heard that they had died, MJ is one of those.

Such talent but a victim of his own success.

A true modern day icon in the same league as Marilyn, Elvis, JFK.

RIP MJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

there is a crowd building up outside UC LA hospital now. He was definitely the best entertainer around. This is the same as hearing that Elvis has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

G Luxel wrote: »
    there is a crowd building up outside UC LA hospital now. He was definitely the best entertainer around. This is the same as hearing that Elvis has died.

I thought the same thing. This is our generations "where were you when" ???

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

So saddened. It all seems massively surreal.

MJ - History on cassette was the first bit of music I ever bought for myself, listened to it day apon day constantly.... his music and vids were simply pure brilliance.

R.I.P. Michael

Enjoy people:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=michaeljackson&view=videos&sort=v

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Exceeded Elvis, Exceeded The Beatles.
    He even exceeded his success. No matter how long it passes, no matter what the King of Pop lives in the world's music.

I cannot fathom listening to his music now on 2fm knowing he's dead. Gone like the rest of the greatest musical legends, a man of history books.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

So saddened. It all seems massively surreal.

MJ - History on cassette was the first bit of music I ever bought for myself, listened to it day apon day constantly.... his music and vids were simply pure brilliance.

R.I.P. Michael

Enjoy people:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=michaeljackson&view=videos&sort=v
    BAD was the first album I ever bought. I absolutely wore that tape out by listening to it so much. And I always remember watching the video for Thriller for the first time on MTV USA. Truly groundbreaking stuff.

You only have to look at the hits on his videos on youtube to see how much of a legend he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Exceeded Elvis, Exceeded The Beatles.
    He even exceeded his success. No matter how long it passes, no matter what the King of Pop lives in the world's music.

I cannot fathom listening to his music now on 2fm knowing he's dead. Gone like the rest of the greatest musical legends, a man of history books.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

barochoc wrote: »
    Seriously, WTF is that supposed to mean?

Get real.

R.I.P Jacko if you are dead.

I'm having difficulty accepting it.

Coma is more believable but still bad all the same.

The media killed the poor fecker, hope they're proud!

and dangling a baby over a balcony is the medias fault?

sad death tho

In other news, Uri Geller is an utter creep of a man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

In other news, Uri Geller is an utter creep of a man!

just watching him now...what an ego.

strange when he said he 'hopes hes going to heaven'.....any reason why he shouldnt???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

too much to assk that thiis coud actuay remain an RIP thread...keep the personal life life crap for another thread and stickk t o the music FFS

death of a genius...a true red letter day. Got married yesterday and I remeber the dance floor cominng aive wth Billy Jean...his hits wil live on forever and ever...what a lot of kidss todaay thinkk are hits pale in comparison to his best work.

sorry for woeful speling...trying to type on ****ty hotel half-keyboard thiingy..

RIP MJ

Advertisement