Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson - RIP [Discuss tastefully (no cruel jokes) here]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Woah, this is pretty sad.
    I was watching an interview of Jermaine Jackson a while ago where he was saying he was in contact with Michael and was helping him sort himself out.

This is pretty sad. He had been through and was going through a lot, guess this was inevitable.

I hope people remember him for the great music legend he was and now as the "wacko jacko".

And I feel compelled to play this song at the occasion:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCqQ2JcQWGs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

:(TO THE KING OF POP, THE MAN I GREW UP LISTENING TO, THE MAN WITH THE 'MAGIC FEET'. MAY YOU REST IN PEACE. YOU WERE ALWAYS TOO SPECIAL FOR THIS WORLD AND WE WERE LUCKY TO SHARE THE PLANET WITH YOU. SUCH A TALENT, A TALENT I DOUBT WE WILL EVER SEE IN ITS ENORMITY AGAIN. WAS JUST LISTENING TO 'BEN' LAST WEEK. MY FAVOURITE OF ALL YOUR SONGS. REST IN PEACE MICHAEL JACKSON LOVE ALIXXXXXXX BEN - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSqo17o2a1w

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

RIP MJ

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

R.I.P to the worlds greatest ever entertainer.
    It's easy to be sensationalistic and jump on the bandwagon as regards his accusations.
    End of the day, nothing was proved despite the want some people have to treat him as such. Not defending him either but....
    The fact is though he inspired millions of people for many years and will now be mourned as such by those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Rest In Peace Michael Jackson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

The word legend is thrown around these days, but Michael was a proper true legend.May he RIP:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ak27

basquille wrote: »
    In other news, Uri Geller is an utter creep of a man!
    Agreed, what an idiot! RIP Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

RIP Michael Jackson, always loved his stuff and always will.. Really hope his personal life doesn't come into this, absolute musical gift to the world. Shocked he's gone but his music will live on. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I'll always remember him. His music holds a lot of meaning for me in my life. I'm really upset by this news... it's really devastating.

He was my favourite singer growing up, and I think he'll always be my number one favourite artist of all time. Unforgettable voice and amazing talent.

R.I.P. Michael, true legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

RIP Michael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

RIP, the man had some amazing songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pro-Nutrition

too much to assk that thiis coud actuay remain an RIP thread...keep the personal life life crap for another thread and stickk t o the music FFS

death of a genius...a true red letter day. Got married yesterday and I remeber the dance floor cominng aive wth Billy Jean...his hits wil live on forever and ever...what a lot of kidss todaay thinkk are hits pale in comparison to his best work.

sorry for woeful speling...trying to type on ****ty hotel half-keyboard thiingy..

RIP MJ

Firstly I have never posted in the music section. I have just woken to the news of Michaels passing and I have to say that I am totally speechless. Michael may not be with us in physical form but he will always be with us in spirit, Michael has left us all with great memories and the gift of his music, which will live on forever.

Michael you are in a better place now, away from all the pain and suffering of the world that always hurt you. May you enjoy the ever lasting peace. Sleep tight and god bless you.

Michael Jackson (The King of Pop) Rest in peace x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Maybe here we're actually allowed talk about Michael Jackson and his music.

The work that man did from his teens to his thirties is awe-inspiring. He created the modern pop genre, revolutionised the music video effectively making MTV the powerhouse it is today. His beat-heavy tracks can't but make you at the very least tap your foot and nod your head. His ballads are some of the most beautiful pop songs ever. Add to this his stage shows and performances and you get a man that will never be equalled.

Been listening to a lot of his songs this morning, as I'm sure a lot of you have, and there are so many that are effectively classics!

Hold him up against any of the excuses for singers and performers of today and they pale in comparison.

I'm going to remember him as the musical genius he was and not for the other stuff. I just hope everyone can do the same.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

In other news, Uri Geller is an utter creep of a man!

In bed last night and I got a text from my sister telling me he died and to turn on a Tv. I couldn't believe it.

It's a very surreal feeling. Very hard to believe.

Listening to his music is one of the earliest memories I have. I can remember being no more than 5 and blaring Man in the Mirror. I was the first time I got a physical buzz from listening to music. Also the first time I can remember wanting to put a song on full volume to appreciate it fully. The Bad album was the first cassette I owned and later Heal the World was the first single I purchased.

His music has unmeasurable influence on anyone interested in the field. His dancing has the same effect. He invented the music video as we know it today. Wire-work was first seen in his video for Smooth Criminal. He was a trend setter. Watching him dance and sing you could see that music and dancing were intrinsic. The phrase "it's in his blood" was never more apt.

An actor, a singer, a writer, a composer, a poet, an artist. The significance of his death can't be underestimated.

Edit: Music and Me
    Listening to this and seeing the images it's genuinely moving. :(

music_1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭squonk

It's very sad indeed that he has died. I enjoyed all his music up until about 1990 and as I was listening to some of the stuff they were playing on 2FM last night it reminded me how lucky those of us gorwing up in the 80's were. There was some really top notch pop music around then and he had a very large part to play in that. It really was the last thing I expected to hear yesterday. I was looking forward to hearing how the UK tour went and I knew some people going who I was really looking forward to hear talk about it. Sadly that won't be. I think it will be a long time again before we see someone who has such an effect on music as he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not one reported post all night..

.. give yourselves a pat on the back for behaving lads and ladies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i find it difficult to mourn the passing of Michael Jackson because while never convicted there was too much of a demonic shadow cast over his reputation to just forgive and forget. However, I do respect the contribution he made to pop culture (look at all the wannabe's and copycats out today, chris brown, neyo), and I recognise the fact that his contribution was at the expense of his childhood, which likely contributed to the mixed up life he lived since. RIP MJ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Any conspiricy theories started yet?

RIP MJ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

RIP to my favourite artist ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

rip Mr jackson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭xxlilyxx

I cant believe he's dead, im a big fan, all the music channels are playin his music. He was one great artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Not one reported post all night..

.. give yourselves a pat on the back for behaving lads and ladies! :D

It just shows how much of a celebrated superstar he was. No matter what happened in his later life, his music is timeless. its a pity he passed away due o a heart attack from what was most likely brought on by the strict rehearsels he was being put under for these 50 gigs. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

2 FM will be doing a special Michael Jackson Golden Hour @ 12.00 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

It just shows how much of a celebrated superstar he was. No matter what happened in his later life, his music is timeless. its a pity he passed away due o a heart attack from what was most likely brought on by the strict rehearsels he was being put under for these 50 gigs. :(

Celebrated by everyone, superstars alike.
    Just look at the pulling power he had with songs like We Are The World and Liberian Girl. Liberian Girl seems to have every person in music or acting that was famous in the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Brilliant entertainer, magificient performer. Total legend. King of Pop. RIP.

Pity about the innuendo, I don't know if he did what lots think he did, maybe he did. There will always be this question mark against him as a human being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dr oatker

, Exceeded The Beatles.

Ah here now! Steady on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

Great musician. Terrible human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

What a horrible things to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

bad form