Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson - RIP [Discuss tastefully (no cruel jokes) here]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

<Ollie> wrote: »
    joe123 wrote: »
    I was talking to a few people lately who all agreed that while they remember Elvis' death they said it doesnt compare to this.quote]

Obviously it's not going to compare. Back in 1977 people were lucky to have one tv channel and one or two radio stations on the wireless.

Today we've got the internet, a few hundred tv channels, and scummy tabloids looking for any kind of story.

Jesus they didn't shut up about Katy French for months ffs.

lol yep! RIP The King of Pop! well, he deserves all the recognition and TV exposure after his death! not like some celebs who hve passed on this year, enough said!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

i still can't believe what has happened a week later. anymore news on the doc. Micheal really looks good in the new video. i hope they release at some stage. i'v seen mikes dangerous tour on dvd seeling for less than 8 euro on amazon. think i mite get it as i.v been a fan since a baby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I was talking to a few people lately who all agreed that while they remember Elvis' death they said it doesnt compare to this.quote]

Obviously it's not going to compare. Back in 1977 people were lucky to have one tv channel and one or two radio stations on the wireless.

Today we've got the internet, a few hundred tv channels, and scummy tabloids looking for any kind of story.

True but they were referring to the effect/shock it has on them. Although saying that the media would have an effect. Its even effecting non fans at the minute.

Candy-gal you quoted that post wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

yes he is gone. but live for the living. thats all you can do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Was only 4 weeks away from seeing him in London,damn:(
    RIP MJ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

• Registered Users Posts: 23 maevamaia

I was absolutely in shock when I heard the news, it felt like a dream!
    Next day I felt sureal to see in SKYNEWS- MJ IS DEAD-damn! this is a joke?

I grew up with his music, my childhood and my teenagers-YES he deserves the recognition.The sound, the beats, performance...

Now sad is there will b exploitation of his image and dirty people will look after his money...news and gossips goes wayyy to quickly in our society-you have no time to stop and think...and recognise how the media plays with us!
    no time to reflect...its BAM BAM AND BAM!

Its really sad...Michael J. was THE PERFORMER AND ARTIST! Every generation has it once and we had it...now who will be next?

Anyway - let him have his peace and hope he will be reborn as an artist again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 the woolard

I saw Michael Jackson in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in July 1988.What a show.It was during his Bad tour.He was a humanitatian who got a lot of stick from the press.May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

this may have already come up but Channel four doing a doc on his final hours on July 12.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭sub-x

Great point Ollie,another thing worth considering is that Micheal Jackson had a career spanning over 40 years compared to Elvis which was over 25 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I read Christy Moore dedicated his cover version of Shine on You Crazy Diamond to Michael Jackson at a show in Cork during the week.

The Pink Floyd song was originally written about Syd Barret. The lyrics of the song seem so very fitting...

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
    Shine on you crazy diamond.
    Now theres a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
    You were caught on the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the
    Steel breeze.
    Come on you target for faraway laughter, come on you stranger, you legend,
    You martyr, and shine!

You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
    Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light.
    Well you wore out your welcome with random precision, rode on the
    Steel breeze.
    Come on you raver, you seer of visions, come on you painter, you piper,
    You prisoner, and shine!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread, but did anyone see the memorial thingy on Sky News?? I thought it was pretty emotional, but one thing(or person)that really f***in p****d me off was yer one Kay "I love myself" Burley and her fake sincerity!!?? That woman is soo in love with herself it's untrue!! :eek: It's so obvious that she's only interested in one thing - upping her profile in the USA!!! Grrrrrrrrr!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread, but did anyone see the memorial thingy on Sky News?? I thought it was pretty emotional, but one thing(or person)that really f***in p****d me off was yer one Kay "I love myself" Burley and her fake sincerity!!?? That woman is soo in love with herself it's untrue!! :eek: It's so obvious that she's only interested in one thing - upping her profile in the USA!!! Grrrrrrrrr!!!:mad:

I saw her and she almost ruined it for me. She obviously held MJ in contempt and didn't care about anything else but the sound of her own voice. Horrible woman :mad:

He wasn't my favourite person either, but I think that a lot of his music was/is pretty cool!! The guy is dead, she could've attempted to show some respect!!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I agree with you totally. Fine he wasn't a saint but it was his funeral, millions were watching she could have had a bit of empathy.

.......the worst thing about it all, was the fake sincerity from all the performers! Yuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I expect Elizabeth Taylor and Macaulay Culkin to be at the service.

Little Paris talking had me in tears :(

RIP Jacko

JP Liz wrote: »
    I expect Elizabeth Taylor and Macaulay Culkin to be at the service.

Little Paris talking had me in tears :(

RIP Jacko

She didn't want to attend the "whoopla" as she put it! Don't blame her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

I do believe Taylor was his one and only true friend. She was with him through everything and ran to his defence everytime it was needed. I can't blame her for not taking part, grief for a really close friend should be a good thing.

All these celebs saying they were his friend..complete b****x...nobody was there for him the last ten years..he was isolated and alone. It's really sad.

• Advertisement

I do believe Taylor was his one and only true friend. She was with him through everything and ran to his defence everytime it was needed. I can't blame her for not taking part, grief for a really close friend should be a good thing.

All these celebs saying they were his friend..complete b****x...nobody was there for him the last ten years..he was isolated and alone. It's really sad.
    Actually, most of the celebrities who spoke at the memorial were his long time friends and he maintained a friendship with them up until his death.

It's a shame Chris Tucker, Marlon Brando, Elizabeth Taylor, Lisa Marie Presley or McCaulie Culkin didn't speak.

I really don't believe that man..he consistently said he was lonely. I hope it's not the case and in fairness Lisa Marie Presley & Brooke Shields both said they felt bad for not having kept in touch with him, but where were these mates when he needed a reality check? NOBODY in his life ever seemed to say 'this is a bad idea, don't do this!' and he was surrounded by leeches and vampires bleeding him for cash. It's so sad.

I really don't believe that man..he consistently said he was lonely. I hope it's not the case and in fairness Lisa Marie Presley & Brooke Shields both said they felt bad for not having kept in touch with him, but where were these mates when he needed a reality check? NOBODY in his life ever seemed to say 'this is a bad idea, don't do this!' and he was surrounded by leeches and vampires bleeding him for cash. It's so sad.
    Michael Jackson surround himself with yes men. That was his own doing, not anybody elses'. Michael spent a lot of time travelling after the trial so it's not surprising that they weren't really in touch a lot during his later years. Hell, his family hardly were either, but they did maintain a friendship. The loneliness Michael described was mainly something he felt on tour because he would literally be trapped inside his hotel 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time he spent was on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Sir Molle wrote: »

It's a shame Chris Tucker, Marlon Brando, Elizabeth Taylor, Lisa Marie Presley or McCaulie Culkin didn't speak.

Erm, Marlon Brandon is dead, thats why ;)

dragona wrote: »
    Erm, Marlon Brandon is dead, thats why ;)
    You don't say...

'Michael Jackson was murdered for his money' says sister La Toya
    Pic: PA Photos

His older sibling reckons he was killed for his publishing fortune
    Michael Jackson's sister La Toya Jackson has revealed she believes the late singer was killed for his money in a conspiracy.

She also told the News Of The World that she knew the identity of the people she believes are responsible.

"Michael was murdered," she said. "And we don't think just one person was involved. Rather, it was a conspiracy of people. I feel it was all about money. Michael was worth well over a billion in music publishing assets and somebody killed him for that. He was worth more dead than alive."

Jackson revealed that her younger brother had previously expressed his fears that people were out to get him.

"A couple of years ago Michael told me he was worried that people were out to get him," she said. "'They're gonna kill me for my publishing. They want my catalogues and they're gonna kill me for these.' I knew something terrible was going to happen."

Millions of dollars in cash and jewellery were taken from Jackson's house on the day of his death, his sister also alleges.

'Michael Jackson was murdered for his money' says sister La Toya

His older sibling reckons he was killed for his publishing fortune
    Michael Jackson's sister La Toya Jackson has revealed she believes the late singer was killed for his money in a conspiracy.

She also told the News Of The World that she knew the identity of the people she believes are responsible.

"Michael was murdered," she said. "And we don't think just one person was involved. Rather, it was a conspiracy of people. I feel it was all about money. Michael was worth well over a billion in music publishing assets and somebody killed him for that. He was worth more dead than alive."

Jackson revealed that her younger brother had previously expressed his fears that people were out to get him.

"A couple of years ago Michael told me he was worried that people were out to get him," she said. "'They're gonna kill me for my publishing. They want my catalogues and they're gonna kill me for these.' I knew something terrible was going to happen."

Millions of dollars in cash and jewellery were taken from Jackson's house on the day of his death, his sister also alleges.

It's a possibility, but Latoya was always a few cards short of a deck.

I'd say the money&jewellery being stolen is a definite..he always had jewellery ready to give as presents thats a fatc, the rest? sketchy about it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

let him rest

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

He's not resting I'm afraid, he's dead.

Advertisement