Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

• 26-06-2009 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

I was tempted to call the tread the Special Ones,
    instead of Inter but thought better of it.

Can this man jose_mourinho__mana_210478c.jpg

succed in his second year to get this lot
    inter__squad_fenerbahce.jpg

to get their hands on this once more at the second time of asking?
    champions_league_trophy_2_1280x1024.jpg

To do he has already brought in these guys

motta.as.jpg
    Thiaggo Motta

and

3_3663_Diego_Milito.jpg
    Diego Milito

But he also has his eyes set on two old players of his
    520x.jpg

He also is facing a battle to hold onto this pairing
    img.81988_t.jpg

but does have course have the up and coming Santon who can play in rb instead of lb leaving a place for Maxwell back in the team.

so is this their year?
    and if not what else is needed?

who would you pick from this squad?

1 GK Francesco Toldo
    2 DF Iván Córdoba (vice-captain)
    4 DF Javier Zanetti (captain)
    5 MF Dejan Stanković
    6 DF Maxwell
    8 FW Zlatan Ibrahimović
    9 FW Julio Cruz
    12 GK Júlio César
    13 DF Maicon
    14 MF Patrick Vieira
    15 MF Olivier Dacourt
    16 DF Nicolás Burdisso
    19 MF Esteban Cambiasso
    20 MF Sulley Ali Muntari
    21 FW Victor Obinna
    22 GK Paolo Orlandoni
    23 DF Marco Materazzi
    24 DF Nelson Rivas
    25 DF Walter Samuel
    26 DF Cristian Chivu
    33 MF Mancini
    36 MF Francesco Bolzoni
    37 DF Andrea Mei
    39 DF Davide Santon
    45 FW Mario Balotelli
    77 FW Ricardo Quaresma

+ Motta, Milito

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

who would you pick from this squad?
    Julio Cesar, Zanetti, Stankovic, Mancini, Ibra, Maxwell, Balotelli, Maicon, Cambiasso, Burdisso, Muntari.

Don't think Inter will be anywhere near the CL final next year. They didn't do too well in the CL this year. Milito and Thiago Motta are hardly world-beaters, imo. They arent' going to add that much to the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

There should be a few of those players leaving too, Cruz, Vieira, Dacourt, Burdisso, Obinna, Mancini and Quaresma could all possibly be sold and Ibra and Maicon could ask to leave.

I think a lot this summer will depend on whether Ibra and Maicon leave, Maicon can be covered the way Shoulderchip suggested but if Ibra leaves we will need another top quality stricker. I would like us to sign Aguero if that was to happen, Moratti has said before that he wants to sign him and the money would be there, and he could play off Milito/Ibra if he stays. We have also been heavily linked with Arnautovic, who I don't know anything about and have never seen play but it is good to see interest in younger players because I think the squad is too old.

We will also need one or two midfielders for next season because I don't think we have enough quality there, we have been linked with Melo, Hamsik and Deco. Hamsik would be my first choice from those three because he is the youngest and has has been very good for Napoli. Deco is a good player but would only be a short term signing because he is too old, same as Carvalho, we don't need to be signing players who are in their thirties.

I hope that the first choice team for next year is

Julio Cesar
    Maicon - Samuel - Chivu - Santon
    Zanetti - Hamsik - Cambiasso
    Aguero - Ibra - Balotelli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I think really the players signed are there to consolidate the Serie A title. I don't see how Diego Millito and Thiago Motta will add the quality needed to win the C.L as I see the La Liga and Premiership sides again dominating.

If Inter lose Maicon (to Chelsea or Real supposedly) then he will be very difficult to replace because he not only gets a good assist return but also contributes his fair share of goals which is why he is ahead of Dani Alves in the Brazil team.

I don't really see Ibra heading off this summer but maybe next year. If and when he leaves it will be some time before the team settles because he is the focal point for 90% of attacks.

I expect Santon and Balotelli to come alive this coming season and with the apparent signing of young Austrian striker Arnautovic from FC Twente we have a very good prospect.

Inter also have an old-ish team, much like Chelsea and so I expect a bit of change over the next summer or two with a few young mid twenties players coming in to replace the old guard of Toldo, Samuel, Vieira, Burdisso, Zanetti etc

PSG are apparently in for Vieira
    Inter midfielder Patrick Vieira could be waving goodbye to Italy this summer and saying hello to Paris Saint Germain.

The 33-year-old suffered a series of niggling injuries last season and no longer figures in Jose Mourinho's long term plans.

Paris Saint Germain are willing to pay between £6m and £7m for the France international.

Vieira is said to be interested in the move because his friend Claude Makelele also plays for PSG.

The only obstacle in the way of a deal is Vieira's contract, which is way too high for the French outfit.

However, Vieira is apparently willing to take a pay cut and leave Inter despite still having a year to run on his current deal.
    I think we would be doing well to get £6-7m for Vieira myself and would snap there hands off if it was offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

dor83 wrote: »
    PSG are apparently in for Vieira I think we would be doing well to get £6-7m for Vieira myself and would snap there hands off if it was offered.

i woudnt go near vieira, too useless now imo!

• Advertisement

mink_man wrote: »
    i woudnt go near vieira, too useless now imo!
    I would say too old rather than useless, if this story is true he would be moving to France, where the level isn't quite as high. I think he would be a decent signing for PSG because I think he could handle a couple of years there, but I don't think he is worth £6-7m, I would have expected about £3-4m, but if PSG are willing to pay that then I'd happily take it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Report today that Maicon is likely to stay with Inter.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/29/1352840/maicon-confident-of-inter-stay

This can only be good news, now for Zlatan to come out and say the same.

btw: The thread title shouldn't have the word Milan in it, Inter fans don't call the club Inter Milan, just Inter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Report today that Maicon is likely to stay with Inter.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/29/1352840/maicon-confident-of-inter-stay

This can only be good news, now for Zlatan to come out and say the same.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun29g.html

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]On being asked about his future, Maicon replied: “I don't know, we'll see. I want to stay like I have already said many times.

“I am happy and content to play in Nerazzurro. If they have seen my performances here in the Confederations Cup and they want to give me recognition, I'll stay willingly at Inter.

“We can find an agreement without problems. Now I am going to Sao Paulo and Belo Horizionte with my wife and kids.

“I am too tired and I need to go on holiday,” he concluded.
    [/FONT]

We've been linked with Gallas today
    Inter are considering making a bid for Arsenal and France international centre-back William Gallas, according to L'Equipe.

Inter Coach Jose Mourinho trained Gallas at Chelsea between 2004 and 2006.

He was the one who sold him to Arsenal in exchange for Ashley Cole.

Gallas has endured a tough season with the Gunners and was stripped of the club's captaincy.

He has a year left on his contract and is attracting interest from Lyon, Paris Saint Germain and Marseille.

Inter are in the market for a centre-back and have been focusing their attention on Ricardo Carvalho.

However, Chelsea want £5m more than Inter are prepared to offer so the Nerazzurri are turning their attention elsewhere.
    I really hope thi isn't true, I think we already have better and he has a really bad attitude.

Seems we are still in with a chance of getting Melo
    Claudio Pasqualin, agent of various players in Serie A, warned Fiorentina fans that they could be losing two important players this summer.

According to Pasqualin, Sebastian Frey could be heading to Bayern Munich as he hinted that the possibilities are quite high, whereas Felipe Melo could join one of the two Milan teams, with Inter being the favourites.

"If I was a Viola fan, I would tremble until the start of the pre-season training camp," declared the agent to Corriere Canadese.

"Melo's transfer is quite possible. After all, the buy-out clause of €25 million, which Pantaleo Corvino set for the player, is accessible, and if it was valid straight away, I think that someone would think seriously about it.

"Felipe Melo is definitely sought after, eventhough this is a similar transfer market to the previous years, highlighted by the economic crisis."

Melo has often admitted in the past few months that he would like to join Inter, therefore it would probably come as no surprise if he does make the switch to the Nerazzurri colours by the time the new campaign kicks-off.
    I thought there was no chance after he signed the new contract. We do need midfielders and he would be a good addition to the squad but I would still prefer if we went for Hamsik, Napoli have just signed Cigarini and now have Cigarini, Hamsik and Gargano for there central midfield so might be open to a good offer for Hamsik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Melo is a very good player judging by the Confed Cup, however I've yet to see him play for his club. He's good to get into the rough of the action, but I've also found he can pick out a decent pass to the wide men.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Melo is a very good player judging by the Confed Cup, however I've yet to see him play for his club. He's good to get into the rough of the action, but I've also found he can pick out a decent pass to the wide men.
    I don't deny that but I think Hamsik is just as good, has more potential and he is a few years younger too. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy if we sign Melo but I would just prefer Hamsik.

Inter are going to bid for Hamsik.
    For the second consecutive summer Inter are set to approach Napoli for the services of Slovak star Marek Hamsik.

But this time around the Campani could concede as the Nerazzurri will make an effort to match their demands.

The 22-year-old is happy at the San Paolo but would find it difficult to turn down a move to San Siro.

Sporting director Marco Branca is about to offer Napoli £12m cash as well as David Suazo and another player of their choice.

Aurelio De Laurentiis and Pierpaolo Marino will be considering this offer and may negotiate for a higher transfer fee, but the impression is that Hamsik will eventually become Nerazzurro.

Meanwhile, the Beneamata is also chasing Marcel Schafer. The Wolfsburg winger is a 25-year-old German international and the Nerazzurri will need at least £8m to get him.
    I'll be very happy if we sign Hamsik, he's exactly the type of player we need and is still young.

It seems that Hamsik doesn't want to move.
    Napoli’s Marek Hamsik enjoyed an outstanding season last term, which consequently saw him take out the young Slovak footballer of the year award.

At just 21 years of age, Hamsik has a bright and prosperous future ahead, and according to reports over the past few weeks and months, he did have the opportunity to join the champions of Italy, Inter, who are extremely interested in acquiring his services.

Despite that, the Partenopei have remained adamant that they will not be offloading their star midfielder, whilst the player himself has spoken for the first time since the latest rumours surrounding his future emerged just a few days ago.

“I still have a long contract with Napoli, so I can confirm that I will remain here,” Hamsik declared in an interview with SkySport24.

“We have made some key signings so far, and all of these great players will help this team grow further.”

These latest words are sure to boost the Partenopei, a club desperate to achieve a place in Europe for the 2010-11 season.
    But it also seems like Ibra is happy to stay.
    On the first day of pre-season training Zlatan Ibrahimovic spoke of his happiness to be at Inter denying any link to other clubs.

Ibra was reportedly unsettled at San Siro following their Champions League exit to Manchester United and had expressed his wish to go.

“It’s all going well, I am happy here,” claimed the Swede.

“I had my holiday and could relax and have fun. Of course now I am not on top form and I will need to go to the gym a bit although I have lost weight.”

Regarding rumours about a switch to one out of Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona or Chelsea he claimed there is nothing serious behind the rumours.

“I read the papers but it is not true. I am really happy to be here, it is as if it was my first day at the club.

“As I said before we don’t know what’s going to happen. At this stage I am ready to do well, we want to have a great season.”
    Shame about Hamsik, I think he would be a great signing, but good news from Ibra.

First day of pre-season training today and Mourinho had a good press conforence.
    It's a new season for Jose Mourinho, but he is back to his old habits as he takes a swipe at Milan, Juventus, European big spenders Real Madrid, as well as new Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti. He also bizarrely labelled a couple of questions from a journalist as 'gay'.

Mourinho gave a 360 degree press conference at Appiano Gentile during his first day back at work as pre-season begins for the Serie A champions. Those who were there could be forgiven for feeling a sense of deja-vu as the coach resumes his verbal challenges.

"Real Madrid? I have nothing special to say on Real Madrid. We might not even play them this season. I am not scared of them. They are a world club with great players and they will be under the spotlight, but I have nothing to say," Mourinho told Sky Sport Italia

"I am not scared of Italian teams either. What they have been doing is normal. Everyone wants to get better and that's obvious (referring to recent spending by Juventus)."

Mourinho continued to give his usual smart answers as he tried to out-wit the press who fired questions hand over fist, but the coach was quick to press the buzzer with his responses which, at times, caused controversy.

"Your question sounds gay to me," said Mourinho when he was twice asked to give a clue about the type of defender he was looking for.

"You say blonde, brown, fair," as he continued to joke with the media.

He then spoke of objectives and of his plans to push through his squad-chop plans.

"I always have the same objectives. I am satisfied to return. I like working, playing, coaching. I like the competition," added the coach.

"We are to start work straight away for next week's friendlies. I am happy and satisfied.

"The squad size? It's a problem for me. I am not happy. Its not good for working. It's XI against XI in a match and having 30 players in training is not positive.

"The players who I want to go know I don't want them to stay. It's not good for the team. It's negative.

"Today it seems players are interested in money and lifestyle rather than anything else. Some players prefer to stay in a team where the coach doesn't want him, rather than find another team.

"[Luis] Jimenez made the move to West Ham and it's good for him. Other players dont want to leave and I have to respect the law and contracts.

"My ideas won't change about certain players. I won't change my mind about them."

The 'Special One' then gave his views on the transfer market, preferring to stick to his no-comment style.

"Nedved? I am not speaking about any players who are not here," he added

"It's always the same story. The market is open until the end of the summer. We will see if other clubs are interested in our players.

"Are Inter complete? We play with 11 players. We are complete, but there are different ways of seeing things. We want eight players to leave the team and four players to arrive so the team grows in the direction myself and the club wants to grow."

Mourinho then went on to bemoan the pre and post-match analysis in Italy, saying he preferred England. "It's easier to coach in England because people think about football for 90 minutes. In Italy there are 60 million coaches in the country."

To complete the press conference, Mourinho was asked about former Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti, and whether he will do well after taking over at Chelsea. The Special One's response was raw, and certain to spark a war of words with Ancelotti, whom he did not enjoy a good relationship with last season.

"Ancelotti is not my friend," Mourinho sniped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What ya make of the link of Cambiasso to Liverpool to replace Alonso?

Any chance Jose would let him go for anything less then a fortune?

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    What ya make of the link of Cambiasso to Liverpool to replace Alonso?

Any chance Jose would let him go for anything less then a fortune?
    Very, very unlikely that Cambiasso will leave because he signed a new 5 year contract a few months ago and he is one of the most important players in the team. It would take a huge offer to get him imo and even then i'm not sure they would accept it, it's not like we need the money and he has never said he wants to move either.

More from Mourinho
    Jose Mourinho has admitted Inter are not good enough to challenge the giants of Europe yet and denied he can work magic like Harry Potter.

“I don’t want to be critical of my team but the squad is not what I wanted,” claimed the Portuguese.

“I can’t ask the President anything more. It means I will have to work more but I cannot make miracles. I am no Harry Potter or Merlin.

“The Champions League is a competition of details and quality. Regarding the former we are behind the best three or four teams. We can only win if things go our way but we will start behind the favourites.”

When the Italian journalists asked him whether a blond midfielder, alias Pavel Nedved, was going to join them he answered in odd fashion.

“I think this conversation is getting a bit gay. I don’t care if he is blond, I need a world class attacking midfielder.

“I am not surprised Zlatan Ibrahimovic is here. He is ambitious and there is no reason why he wouldn’t repeat his efforts next year.

“David Suazo is a different type of striker compared to what we have and he will stay here. He can help us when playing in the last 20 minutes. I don’t know Marko Arnautovic. He is a gamble from the club, I like the idea and accept it.

Ultimately Mou spoke about tactics and his rival Carlo Ancelotti.

“Our central defenders will be the same apparently. I wanted to play higher up but I needed a centre-half who could play the ball, if we don’t get him then I cannot play that way. We will work on the 4-3-3 formation which at the end of the season proved to be balanced enough for us.

“They call Ancelotti ‘Prince Charles’ now, but the only one I know is Prince Charles of Wales.

“We will play them in a friendly on July 21 in the US. I don’t care about it and maybe I won’t sit on the bench. I would rather sit on the stands – I can follow the game better from there. Anyway, if he wins the title he does it after four years of winning nothing.”

What do you think, Nedved to Inter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Mr Maroon wrote: »

Bloody hell, surely another old timer is the last thing Inter need.

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    I think we need a bit of creativity in midfield but as JPA said we don't need another old player and as good as Nedved was, he's almost 37 and thats way too old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superhands

More from Mourinho

Mourinho must be thinking "where did it all go wrong? I was king of the world at chelsea, richest club in the world, now in charge of a team with players that can't compete with Real, Barca etc"

Superhands wrote: »
    Mourinho must be thinking "where did it all go wrong? I was king of the world at chelsea, richest club in the world, now in charge of a team with players that can't compete with Real, Barca etc"
    Why would he be thinking that, he has said on many occasions that the reason he chose Inter was that he would have total control over the team. He didn't like being told who to play at Chelsea(he never wanted Sheva and Abramovic tried to force him to play him) and he also said he turned down the chance to go Real this summer to stay at Inter. What he said in that interview was his way of saying we need to bring in a couple more top quality players if we want to compete in the CL and he was correct in saying what he did.

I think we need a bit of creativity in midfield but as JPA said we don't need another old player and as good as Nedved was, he's almost 37 and thats way too old.

I wouldn't exactly describe Pavel as creative.

Anyway, he has said he won't be joining Inter or re-joining Juve in any capacity. He might be off to MLS now.

So i seems that Ibra will be on his way to Barca
    Joan Laporta confirms “Barcelona are in total agreement with Inter,” but Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Samuel Eto’o and Alexander Hleb must work out personal terms.
    The negotiations were already at “an advanced stage” according to Nerazzurri patron Massimo Moratti this afternoon.

“We are in total agreement with Inter,” announced President Laporta on the official Barca website. “But the talks are not over yet, as we need to consent of the players.”

The deal to bring Ibra to Spain will be worth £35m plus Cameroon striker Eto’o and the loan with an option to buy for Hleb.

But there could be problems, as the Blaugrana are also still interested in Valencia hitman David Villa.

“We do have a tentative deal for Ibrahimovic, but it would be early to say which of the two is best – Ibra or Villa. In the end we will consider the best option for Barca.”

Director Txiki Begiristain also commented on the reports that the deal for Ibra had been done.

“There are several options and we must work with them and make the best of things. Ibrahimovic is one of the options open,” he told the Barcelona website.

“It is time for Eto’o to change scenery and Inter would be a good solution for him, especially with both President Moratti and Coach Jose Mourinho showing an interest in him.”
    I'm really disappointed that Ibra is leaving but it's not a surprise, they are the team he wanted really. I'm very disappointed with the deal though as I didn't want us to sign Eto'o, I don't think he will do well at Inter without the support he had at Barca. I think we should have insisted on a cash only deal and went for Aguero.

We are apparently after Cassano
    As Sampdoria confirm they want Amantino Mancini, rumours emerge Inter are selling Zlatan Ibrahimovic to make way for Antonio Cassano!
    “Mancini is in pole position on our wish-list,” announced Blucerchiati director of sport Giuseppe Marotta.

“For the moment there is nothing solid in this story, but you know in football nobody can tell what will happen tomorrow.”

The unsettled Inter winger has been a flop since arriving from Roma and the club would be willing to sell or loan him out.

However, there is another twist to the tale that is appearing in some newspapers, as the decision to hand Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Barcelona caused some controversy.

It is no secret that Inter President Massimo Moratti admires Cassano, nor that FantAntonio is a big Nerazzurri fan and has said he’d only leave Sampdoria for the San Siro giants.

There are now reports Ibra was allowed to walk away to make room for Cassano, so Mancini and around £20m cash would bring the Bari Vecchia talent to Inter.

“[Franco] Semioli is also a player who would suit our needs, but we have not yet reached an agreement with Fiorentina,” continued Sampdoria chief Marotta.

“We are looking for a defender and a striker with certain characteristics, I’m sure they will arrive. As for the players whose contracts expire in 2010, we will talk that over after pre-season training.”
    While I think he is a very good player and would like to see him at Inter, I also don't think he would be a good replacement for Ibra.

We are also rumored to be after Xabi Alonso
    As Inter and Barcelona await Samuel Eto’o’s signature to complete the Zlatan Ibrahimovic move, there are reports the money will be spent on Xabi Alonso.
    The two clubs have already declared a deal has been done for around £40m plus Eto’o and the loan with option to buy Aleksandr Hleb.

According to the newspapers on both sides of Europe, the only hiccup now is waiting for the Cameroon striker to agree personal terms.

There was a bad start when agent Jose Maria Mesalles told journalists “the clubs cannot negotiate a transfer without our consent.”

Spanish paper ‘As’ claim he is demanding a five-year contract worth £8m per season and a £13m farewell bonus from Barcelona.

If Eto’o does give the all-clear, then Inter are already considering how to spend the money and there is a new theory.

According to the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport,’ the target is Liverpool and Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso.

He is already on his way out of Anfield Road after Real Madrid showed interest, but the Merengues are struggling to meet his £30m price-tag.

It would be quite a snub for the Nerazzurri to sweep in and intercept these negotiations for a player who, after Lucio, Diego Milito and Thiago Motta, would further strengthen the squad.
    I don't think this will happen at all, if he moves it will be to Real, imo.

For anyone interested, Inter are playing Chelsea at 4:00am(in about 35mins). There probably won't be many on here at that time but heres a link to a stream http://www.justin.tv/vip_tenisss/old

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Cheers.

will be nice to see Carletto get one over on Jose :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

C'mon Chelsea!

Seaneh wrote: »
    Cheers.

will be nice to see Carletto get one over on Jose :P
    No, he wont have Ronaldinho to score against us(or Kaka to set him up after being offside:p)

• Advertisement

Line-ups are:

Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Carvalho, Terry, A.Cole; Essien, Obi Mikel, Malouda; Lampard; Kalou, Drogba.

Inter: Belec; Santon, Cordoba, Burdisso, Chivu; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Obi; Vieira, Motta; Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anybody else spot Will Ferrell at the game in the Chelsea shirt? Funny as hell. :D

blue-army wrote: »
    Belec was useless for that goal, we have a very weak team and need to get a bit more support for Balotelli. I'd like to see Ibra, Milito and Quaresma come in for Vieira, Obi and Motta at half time.

So everything has finally been agreed for Ibra-Eto'o
    Barcelona have confirmed an accord has been reached between both clubs and with the players. The Blaugrana have also hinted that Ibrahimovic may be unveiled on Monday.

Oliver, who left Inter's offices after completing the deal told Sky Sport Italia, "The deal between both clubs is done. That goes for [Aliaksandr] Hleb too."

The Barcelona director has been thrashing out final details in Milan, and he will now return to the Spanish city in order to present Ibrahimovic with the transfer documents.

One final brick needs to be laid for the deal to become concrete and that is the signature block.

Barcelona's Txiki Begiristain has also confirmed the deal is in place and Ibrahimovic needs to put pen to paper.

"We have an agreement with the player and with Inter, and we are now preparing the documents," Begiristain told Sport.es.

"The transfer paper is in Milan as our directors there are negotiating it with Inter. We are trying to do things as fast as possible and he [Ibrahimovic] could be unveiled on Monday."

It is suggested both clubs will announce the deal as official once both men sign and rubber stamp their respective contracts.
    And all thats left is for the players to have their medicals
    Barcelona have announced that Zlatan Ibrahimovic will undergo a medical on Sunday, sending Samuel Eto’o and Aliaksandr Hleb to Inter.
    “Ibrahimovic will arrive in Barcelona on Sunday to undergo a medical with the Blaugrana as every player who moves clubs has to do,” read a statement on the official club website.

“After Barça reached an agreement with Inter to sign the Swedish international he now needs to undergo a series of medical tests before putting pen to paper on a deal to join the club.

“In the other direction FC Barcelona have given permission for Samuel Eto'o and Aliaksandr Hleb, who have been included in the recent transfers, to travel to Milan and undergo medicals with Inter.

“The club will reveal all the details of Ibrahimovic's trip to Barcelona on Saturday and outline his movements for Sunday.”

This means that rumours Ibra will be presented to the media at the Nou Camp on Monday are likely to be accurate.

It also confirms that Hleb is included in the transfer, despite his claim on Friday that he would be staying in Barcelona.

The deal should now be worth Eto’o in a permanent switch, Hleb on loan with an option to buy and around £40m cash.
    I'm very sad to see him go, he has been a great player for us over the last three years, and I hope he does well at Barca and wins many trophies there. I'm not happy with getting Eto'o as I don't think he will be anywhere near as good for us as Ibra was, or he was at Barca for that matter, but hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Hleb has rejected his move.
    Barcelona midfielder Aliaksandr Hleb has refused to join Inter on loan, leading the Nerazzurri to turn their attention to Deco and Antonio Cassano.

Hleb was supposed to move to Inter as part of the deal that saw Inter swap Zlatan Ibrahimovic for Samuel Eto'o and £40m.

However, La Gazzetta dello Sport understands Hleb has rejected the proposal and is now seeking a return to Stuttgart where he played between 2000 and 2005.

The news will not affect the transfers of Ibrahimovic and Eto'o. Reports suggest Barcelona will have to pay another £4m to complete the deal.

Inter are now considering making another bid for Deco, the Chelsea midfielder, who played under Jose Mourinho at Porto.

Inter came very close to signing the Portugal international earlier this summer, but Chelsea asked for too much money.

The Blues wanted nearly £18m for Deco and Ricardo Carvalho, both of whom are over 30.

In light of Chelsea's demands, Inter are profiling other candidates for the role behind the strikers, the most notable being Wesley Sneijder, Antonio Cassano and Ezequiel Lavezzi.

Reports claim Real Madrid have slapped a £12m asking price on Sneijder, which apparently makes him £6m cheaper than Cassano and nearly £10m cheaper than Lavezzi.
    I don't want us to sign Deco, there's no point signing players who are in their thirties, we should be looking at younger players. Cassano is the best of the players mentioned imo, he has really turned himself around at Samp and even turned up for pre-season a week early. He is also an exceptionally gifted player and I think Mourinho would be able to get the most out of him, he was an Inter fan as a kid too.

• Advertisement

So the fixtures for the season are out
    1 Sun, Aug 23 2009 20:45 Inter - Bari -
    2 Sun, Aug 30 2009 20:45 Milan - Inter -
    3 Sun, Sep 13 2009 15:00 Inter - Parma -
    4 Sun, Sep 20 2009 15:00 Cagliari - Inter -
    5 Wed, Sep 23 2009 20:45 Inter - Napoli -
    6 Sun, Sep 27 2009 15:00 Sampdoria - Inter -
    7 Sun, Oct 4 2009 15:00 Inter - Udinese -
    8 Sun, Oct 18 2009 15:00 Genoa - Inter -
    9 Sun, Oct 25 2009 15:00 Inter - Catania -
    10 Wed, Oct 28 2009 20:45 Inter - Palermo -
    11 Sun, Nov 1 2009 15:00 Livorno - Inter -
    12 Sun, Nov 8 2009 15:00 Inter - Roma -
    13 Sun, Nov 22 2009 15:00 Bologna - Inter -
    14 Sun, Nov 29 2009 15:00 Inter - Fiorentina -
    15 Sun, Dec 6 2009 15:00 Juventus - Inter -
    16 Sun, Dec 13 2009 15:00 Atalanta - Inter -
    17 Sun, Dec 20 2009 15:00 Inter - Lazio -
    18 Wed, Jan 6 2010 20:45 Chievo - Inter -
    19 Sun, Jan 10 2010 15:00 Inter - Siena -
    20 Sun, Jan 17 2010 15:00 Bari - Inter -
    21 Sun, Jan 24 2010 15:00 Inter - Milan -
    22 Sun, Jan 31 2010 15:00 Parma - Inter -
    23 Sun, Feb 7 2010 15:00 Inter - Cagliari -
    24 Sun, Feb 14 2010 15:00 Napoli - Inter -
    25 Sun, Feb 21 2010 15:00 Inter - Sampdoria -
    26 Sun, Feb 28 2010 15:00 Udinese - Inter -
    27 Sun, Mar 7 2010 15:00 Inter - Genoa -
    28 Sun, Mar 14 2010 15:00 Catania - Inter -
    29 Sun, Mar 21 2010 15:00 Palermo - Inter -
    30 Wed, Mar 24 2010 20:45 Inter - Livorno -
    31 Sun, Mar 28 2010 15:00 Roma - Inter -
    32 Sat, Apr 3 2010 15:00 Inter - Bologna -
    33 Sun, Apr 11 2010 15:00 Fiorentina - Inter -
    34 Sun, Apr 18 2010 15:00 Inter - Juventus -
    35 Sun, Apr 25 2010 15:00 Inter - Atalanta -
    36 Sun, May 2 2010 15:00 Lazio - Inter -
    37 Sun, May 9 2010 15:00 Inter - Chievo -
    38 Sun, May 16 2010 15:00 Siena - Inter
    Milan in week 2 is very early for the derby but the most interesting fixture(timing wise) doesn't even involve us, Milan-Juve is week 38, the final day of the season. That could have huge significance on the title if either, or both, are still involved. Cant wait for the season to start, less than a month to go only.

Advertisement