Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Radios with a MFSW

• 26-06-2009 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

My car (2003 Opel Astra) has a multi function steerin wheel and i was wondering if its possible to change the radio and make the new one wok with the steering wheel controls. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

My car (2003 Opel Astra) has a multi function steerin wheel and i was wondering if its possible to change the radio and make the new one wok with the steering wheel controls. Cheers

I tried copy/pasting your query into Google so that I could helpfully say "copy/paste your query into Google", but your spelling is rubbish.

So, learn to spell the important words in your query, and then type them into a Google search.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭alo1587

Thats a bit harsh,the guy is looking for info,not a slagging over his spelling..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JMcCR

Definitely google it and check. I got the adapters for an Alfa 156. First you need to buy the cable/little control box for your car, then you need to buy the right lead for the type of radio you have.

I got out of it for about €35 in the end.

some info here:
    http://www.autoleads.co.uk/products/multistalk.html

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Zube wrote: »
    I tried copy/pasting your query into Google so that I could helpfully say "copy/paste your query into Google", but your spelling is rubbish.

So, learn to spell the important words in your query, and then type them into a Google search.

Hope this helps!
    This is not the English forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

OP, there is a similar thread here from yesterday (Thursday) started by a guy with a Megane looking to do the same thing. There's various solutions, you could get a head unit that will work with a little add on or get a third party module.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

But bear in mind, its fairly tricky to do and won't work with the higher end radios. At least the Renault Clio one won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

if you have problems getting a multistalk interface to work i build interfaces. Can supply one for kenwood/pioneer or alpine head units for about 60 euro, built one for my kia sorento to my kenwood navigation head unit, works excellently

Advertisement