Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remixes of Michael Jackson, whats out there?.

• 26-06-2009 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious, there has to be heaps of remixes of this guys stuff. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Black Lead

Blood on the Dancefloor released in 1997 is a remix album not to great but its a starting piont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Layo and Bushwacka done a very good remix of Billie Jean, before he went off the rails he was actually good ,we'll never hear the bleedin end of it now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

:confused:/:o/:D?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

the man is a legend Jonny, sme on we know u hate minimal etc but MJ is a hero, come one now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ive the Bushwacka mix of Billie Jean, its just an extra drum roll really, sticks to the original, might be getting a dust off for tomorrows show....

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    the man is a legend Jonny, sme on we know u hate minimal etc but MJ is a hero, come one now

i personally think he is absolutely revolting but seen as he has died ill say no more about him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I Thinks........anyone that has knowledge or passion about any type of Music will agree that MJ is a musical genius!! Regardless of the negative side of his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

There is a good version of:

"Billy Jean vrs Last Night a DJ Saved My Life by In Deep"

I accidently downloaded it a few months back but its cool. No link sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »

An over used phrase sometimes but this man deserves it without doubt :)
    As a musician ,artist,entertainer etc ..his contribution was immense.
    Always remember the first viewing of Thriller, was only 5 or something but remember it so well, was a warning on the station about the video etc and remember looking away at certain parts of it :D But the dance in the middle of it was and still is spectacular :cool:
    R.I.P Jacko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 rexx le gaff

Black Lead wrote: »
    Blood on the Dancefloor released in 1997 is a remix album not to great but its a starting piont.

is that one david morales done the remix for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

derra wrote: »
    Always remember the first viewing of Thriller, was only 5 or something but remember it so well, was a warning on the station about the video etc and remember looking away at certain parts of it :D But the dance in the middle of it was and still is spectacular :cool:
    R.I.P Jacko
    Yeah remember that too. It was on MTV USA. Real must watch TV at the time.

I have a track from a good few years back that uses a sample of Rock with You from Off The Wall to great effect. I can't think of the name of it but I must dig it out when I get home.

There's been so many of his tracks that have been sampled, the most recent ones that I can think of are Don't Stop The Music by Rihanna and there's The Way It Is by The Prodigy on Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned that uses the bassline from Thriller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOVcSHgGHwc

off the wall is still a floor filler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Herve - Cheap Thrills

More of a sample than a remix but still decent imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I subscribe to Mashuptown.com and they would have some MJ mixes in the archives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I Thinks........anyone that has knowledge or passion about any type of Music will agree that MJ is a musical genius!! Regardless of the negative side of his life.

you seem to have spelled quincy jones incorrectly good sir

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fz2jZdrakw

I'm sure it will get slated but I like it..

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Luke Creed

If your into your techno.

DJ Rush & Michael Jackson - They Dont care about us rmx, i like it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Found the track, it's called "All Night Long" and it's by Mood II Swing
    It samples "Rock With You"
    Great Summer tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

There is also History (dance mix) not a bad tune.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Don Diablo - ''Song for MJ (Remember the time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVLlEADIvgA

Loving this remix :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

There's already a flood of producers knocking up bootlegs and putting them up for free download - i clocked at least five so far on dubstepforum.com alone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭scrubs

~Marky~ wrote: »
    Don Diablo - ''Song for MJ (Remember the time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVLlEADIvgA

Loving this remix :D

thats is an epic tune!!

fair play to don diablo

Don Diablo: "What better way to pay tribute to MJ than music? I've been asked by press a lot last week to comment on MJ's untimely death, but what do you say without sounding cliche. MJ was not a man of many words, he spoke through his music.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

There is a good mash up of Kernkraft 400 & Smooth criminal, you can listen to it here:

http://sluttyfringe.wordpress.com/2009/06/26/suffer-little-children/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Is it just me or are the harmonics just wrong on that tune? Just does not sound right.
    Nice idea in theory, but just did not pull it off right really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

it works well at times, not so much at other times

Does anyone have a link to the DJ Rush & Michael Jackson track? Id like to hear it but cant find it anywhere

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Frankie Knuckles remix of Rock With You...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭goods

Laid Back Luke Thriller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Here's deadmau5's ghosts and stuff mixed with smooth criminal:D

I dont know if the youtube thing will work as not sure how it works so heres the link incise
    --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tQPQoEhS3I

Mj was a strange guy but id say if he didnt have the upbringing that he had he would b more normal....... But damm he was GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement