Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the deal with G2 quitters?

• 26-06-2009 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭

I just ranked up to G2-E, and for some reason, I keep getting quit on!

Weirdest thing is, it's ONLY happening with Ryu players.

FYI, I main Honda now... :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No idea, I don't get many quitters, though I haven't played in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Never get quitters in championship mode. Maybe you were just unlucky. I only get about 1 in 200 quitters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I just ranked up to G2-E, and for some reason, I keep getting quit on!

Weirdest thing is, it's ONLY happening with Ryu players.

FYI, I main Honda now... :pac:

Ah a honda man now eh? nice I look forward to playing you again. As for quitters, like the others have said, I see it the least in champ mode. Been a good while since I played champ mode though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Only time I have had quitters is if there is a shocking lag even then I've only had about 4 people properly rage quit on me... what I find people doing is if I'm hammering them they just stop playing and give me the free win... I imagine they the give me negative rep for unsporting behaviour and all the rest :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah I've only had quitters when there's lag. Every now and again a Gief player will just quit on me also. Gief against Akuma is a snorefest though so I understand :P

Maybe it's G2, which I'm probably going to get into this weekend. Isn't it set at that level that you only get points if you win the championship?

• Advertisement

Nope, maybe that's G1 or SG.

No you get about half points for loosing a final and a few for loosing in the semi!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

In g1 you loose 5 points for loosing in the first match but gain points after that. Ive seen people with about 14500 points and less in g1. You dont drop a grade for going down below 15000

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've had a few quitters since I hit g2 too. It's always in round three if I'm after winning round two with guile. Guess some people just can't take the pressure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Don't think I've had any quitters at all in G2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Never mind the quitters, whats the deal with G2 Ryus?

Fought 2 back to back championships consisting of all Ryu players bar myself.
    Is it that he has about 25 piss easy ways to combo into his ultra?

Gets a bit boring playing against the same character over and over. Its like when the game is released and everyone was Ken, now they're al 'grown up' with Ryu.

Scrub rufus is hilarious as Sim. Roundhouse, back+ Roundhouse and Standing Fierce. That is all you need. They jump...and then jump and dive....and then jump some more. And then they wonder why you are perfecting them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Kirby wrote: »
    Scrub rufus is hilarious as Sim. Roundhouse, back+ Roundhouse and Standing Fierce. That is all you need. They jump...and then jump and dive....and then jump some more. And then they wonder why you are perfecting them :p

LoL, that was me when I played you with rufus. What the hell can rufus do in this match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

bush wrote: »
    LoL, that was me when I played you with rufus. What the hell can rufus do in this match?

bush wrote: »

Well he isnt your main so its not your fault. And its practically EVERY rufus online ive ever fought. Everything involves the jump in. When you stuff that they just spam EX messiah and when you can see it coming a mile away it isnt as effective.

Rufus needs to bulldog vs sim. Take tiny steps forward and block. Do his crouching fierce move as it has large range and his crouching jab move can beat some pokes. If your patient eventually you will get sim in a corner and thats where sim has to try something and you can potentially punish.

But really, most rufus players just flail about and hope for the best. Once you realise that everything involves the dive kick in, the match is easy. Its the same with most Abels. Jump in and the roll is all they will try.... which is easily stuffed. You can tell the really class abels in the first 5 seconds of a match.

With regards to the Iyo v Justin wong match, Iyo shouldve won that. He made mistakes and it cost him. If you watch the first round......thats the way they all should have gone. He stopped zoning and started running away. Its a trap that most sim players get caught in, myself included. He allowed too many jump ins....was too early with back roundhouse several times and because it missed, he stopped using it which is criminal. The worst of all was his teleport. It was so predictable, he needed to disguise it better.

Having said all that, Iyo is still a SF4 god. It's just that he let that match go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

I think I am a daigo fanboi after seeing this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Talking about quitters. What on earth has happened to ranked mode? I think it's packed full of trophy miners or something.

I had to stop using "quick match" to play as most of the games where 1 round of 30 seconds, and they'd use gief, hit me with a banishing flat or spinny girly move then turtle for the rest of the time, spinning like a top whenever I'd get near.

Even when I'd create the match I had to start kicking people with a disconnect percentage higher than 15%. In championship mode this isn't even a consideration, I've yet to find many quitters. But in ranked mode, if they feel like they are losing in the last round they'll just disconnect.

I never play ranked anymore.

you should get into G2 and play championship mode exclusively. Its easier to find a match, hardly anybody disconnects, and you get rewarded for winning 4 matches in a row against different opponents which is satisfying.

Im at around 11,500 at the moment and trying to get 15k to get into G1 where the real competition is. Some good players in there that will improve me as a player....and isnt that the aim at the end of the day?

I got into G1 at the weekend and its a serious step up in class... the first few fights I was paired with folks around my own skill level and the BANG a Ryu with 50k+ GPs well needless to say my ass was royally handed to me. Whats good is these guys dont make mistakes so your strategy will definitely improve... no more random moves and hope to connect cos they will eat you up - speaking from experience!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smdylan

just got into g2 myself the other day and found something i cant stand i was playing with cammy and this guy was a sagat he just kept running away the whole match jumping backwards and spamming light tiger knees when i got half way across the screen completely missing me which was then quickly followed by an ex-tiger uppercut, then he ran again is that not annoying i mean for one he's f'ing sagat theres no need to run away i hate runners :mad: or maybe i was just pee'd off because he beat me who knows:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

there are exceptions to the rule, but generally as sim.... if people want to run away, I let them. They can hurt me from a screen away and my chip damage will kill them.

The way to beat somebody in ANY game is to take them out of their groove. Make them do something they don't want to, that they arent comfortable with.

If somebody wants to rushdown you constantly, zone the hell out of them and keep them away.

And If they want to run away, let them. They want you to chase them down so by not doing it, you are making them think..... then they will usually do something foolish and you can punish.

Its the same in any game... like in an FPS if a player likes to camp, let him. Don't run around trying to kill him as he will pick you off. Let him sit there and eventually he will get frustrated and come find you....and lose because its not part of his main game.

smdylan wrote: »
    i mean for one he's f'ing sagat theres no need to run away i hate runners

Sagat is one of the most powerful defensive characters in the game. Also this is SF4, the game rewards you for that playstyle much more than an offense-based one.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Sagat is one of the most powerful defensive characters in the game. Also this is SF4, the game rewards you for that playstyle much more than an offense-based one.

i know what you mean i play sagat myself (infact i play too many characters) but this guy wasnt being defensive he was being stupid and it threw me off so i suppose its an interesting tactic, and kirby your tips are good and all but i just dont have the patience to do that plus i was playing as bison so i kept trying to head stomp him or if that failed i tryed to use devils reverse to make him whiff a tiger uppercut and get him that way but he recovers from a tiger uppercut fairly quickly and then its his knee to bison huge chin, then he'd hide in the corner buffering and taunting my god he was annoying

Sounds more entertaining than most Sagats. :pac: What was he "buffering"?

Really though, patience is the number one thing you need in this game, especially vs Sagat (who as a character really embodies every flaw of this game imo).

oh right i forgot its not called buffering there cancels and whatnot, its hard to explain but he was crouching in the corner fidgeting as if he was doing the motions to a move over and over usually done when someone is going for a super and cant get it to come out or to confuse you, there should be a name for this as i see it all to often i think buffering sounds about right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sounds like he was buffering QCFs & baiting for a jump-in.
    Stay on the ground & punish that sh!t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Also this is SF4, the game rewards you for that playstyle much more than an offense-based one.
    Indeed, been playing 3s recently and went back to SF4 and it really hurts my game. I'm really starting to look a head and hope a new rendition of SF4 comes out with more aggressive play and less corner camping and running away all the time. A better dash would be nice.
    smdylan wrote: »
    oh right i forgot its not called buffering there cancels and whatnot, its hard to explain but he was crouching in the corner fidgeting as if he was doing the motions to a move over and over usually done when someone is going for a super and cant get it to come out or to confuse you, there should be a name for this as i see it all to often i think buffering sounds about right

Hahahhahaa one of those Sagat players! I've faced a good few sagats like that in my time. They make me facepalm so much, it just looks so pathetic and makes a mockary outa the game.

He's not playing mind games, he's just ****e at entering the motions so keeps entering them waiting for you to jump in and will then hit punch or kick to complete the move.

Its buffering alright. Something I've only seen very weak sagat players do.

When I see them do that I tend to stand still and rapidly tap down as a kind of taunt to the feckin eejits. Seems to throw them off.

I did that in 3s too but for different reasons and against higher skilled people who parry low a lot and when they wrongly predict a low kick it looks the same, their character moves from standing to crouch and back again very fast. I found that kinda slagging the motion made them parry low a little less, so it was a bit of mindgames on my part as I suck at parrying myself.:o

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    When I see them do that I tend to stand still and rapidly tap down as a kind of taunt to the feckin eejits.
    ^
    This. But it seems to be Ken players I see do this. Shame on anyone who has ever jumped in on someone dancing like this :D

I figured that's what you meant, and man that is insanely bad. How can you play Sagat and not be able to tiger uppercut a jumpin on reaction?

• Advertisement

Sagat06 wrote: »
    ^
    Shame on anyone who has ever jumped in on someone dancing like this :D

I jump in on these guys all the time. Ofcourse, Halfway through it I teleport and taunt as their uppercut soars through the air hitting nothing. :p

Advertisement