Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the deal with G2 quitters?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smdylan

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I figured that's what you meant, and man that is insanely bad. How can you play Sagat and not be able to tiger uppercut a jumpin on reaction

oh hell yes he was bad because i was so pissed off that i lost to him i asked for a rematch i went with ken again this time using the shoryuken tactic whichs he's known for and i beat him he sent me a message calling me a scrub :D when i explained that i was just giving me a taste of his own medicene he said that his sagat was one of the best in grade 2 to give him the benefit of the doubt i played him for the last time with balrog and destroyed him.

.... i knew it was buffering why did i doubt myself :confused:

anyways online is terrible at times you dont really learn much because of people like this and the waves upon waves of ryus kens akumas and sagats... im just as guilty i play with them all but at least i play with nearly everyone i have a hard time choosing a main

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Make a conscious effort to main a character for a month, and learn everything (s)he has to offer. If you put good effort in, you'll eventually reach G1 where the good players are said to reside.
    Or move to Japan & play in arcades :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

im 100% confident that eddie honda is the main man in street fighter. hes behind EVERYTHING in that game. who does bison answer to? eddie honda thats who!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Wrong game Jazzy that was super T. Now eddie honda answers to pretty much everybody!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

smdylan wrote: »
    . im just as guilty i play with them all but at least i play with nearly everyone i have a hard time choosing a main

I'm the same, unlike in 3s I enjoy playing a lot of the characters on the roster. I'd love to play as a decent viper and fei long but I just.. well its hard to learn as to learn as them you gotta play someone good or around your level, whos playing their main. So they'll beat you, and even though you could trash them with you main guys you wanna learn so you keep playing as your low characters. But I dunno what it is with console gamers, but you'd be playing a guy and while you lost the 1st 3 matchs , you were getting really close to winning each time to the point where theres a good chance you'd win the next one (learning more each round) and the mother****er quits on you. :rolleyes:

Don't ****in play a player match if you not up for playing a good few rounds. It takes sooo long on the PS3 to find a good person to connect to. & then they quit on you, its sooooo annoying. 90% of the time they quit cause they lost, but then you have these people who are decent enough at the game, can see your learning a character, and don't like the fact that your getting closer to beating them so they kick you before it happens to appease their ego or some ****... I mean ffs :rolleyes:

So I find if I wanna get some games in, I'll start with my worst, while I'd like to work my way up, if I loss a lot too early I'm gonna have to switch characters to beat him a few times to get him going then switch back again... feckin mind games even when we're not in a match. Bah.

Also I could go on a two page rant on the issues of trying to get a game on the ps3, but in a nut shell, finding someone with a decent connection thats a decent player:

whos NOT hosting a room then going downstairs for a cup of tea or whatever,
    whos NOT waiting for a friend but not arsed setting it to private,
    whos NOT going to randomly kick you for no explanation other then the guy was french and finally ,
    whos not an 'Unable to connect' guy

is a 10-20 min mission everytime you wanna play a game in player match. By the time I get a game going I'm pissed off. Coulda gone 10 epic rounds of 3s on 2df in that space of time.

God damn it. Anyway I'm off to play some SF4 LOL!!!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

lol 1st match I played, french guy, quit after the 1st round. :rolleyes: 2nd guy, another french guy but he didn't quit we played for a good while and he was a good player, I couldn't touch him with my lower characters at all, and he kept with his mains. When I finally went to ryu and destroyed his abel, he ragequit on me.

Shame, they were ggs. sigh, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Lesson: don't play Frenchies, they still can't stand losing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Lesson: don't play Frenchies, they still can't stand losing! :D

Bloomin cheese eating surrender monkeys :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Funny story from a few nights ago when chatting to random players in. Was practicing with my TE fight stick at the time. I pick Ryu, he picks Balrog

Me: Hey
    Random American Player (RAP): **** you, you ****!
    Me: Sorry?
    RAP: **** you, you british ***hole! **** you!
    Me: Dude, it's only a game of Street Fighter, relax.
    RAP: You **** British ****
    Me: Where am I from?
    RAP: ****ing Britland ****. I'm going to rape your ass until it bleeds.
    Me: Can you show me Britland on a map. Oh I forgot, 1/5 Americans cannot identify anything on a map.
    RAP: If you are not from USA your a f*****

He wins round 1
    RAP: Ha, you are so bad at this game man, you were raped and owned by USA!

I win Round 2
    Me: Well America, what happened there???
    RAP: You lucky piece of ****

I hammer him round 3
    Me: USA! USA! USA! Another defeat for the USA! Well done!
    RAP: **** **** 8******!1111!!8******1 !8***!888
    Me: lol
    RAP: Play me again, i'll play you for 50 bucks, you have paypal, I'm gonna make you broke.
    Me: No thanks man, I'm content just beating you.

Over the couse of the next 8 games, I hammer him with Ryu, Guile, Dan and a few random picks, and over the course of the 8 games, he gets quieter and quieter until he trys to be nice.

To top it all off, he tries to add me as a friend at the end. One day later, I send him a voice message playing the music from...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ

XBox 360: 300 euro
    Street Fighter 4: 50 euro
    TE Stick: 200 euro
    Literally beating respect into a muppet: Priceless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    God damn it. Anyway I'm off to play some SF4 LOL!!!!:mad:

I don't really play a lot of Player mode. I usually find that they will quit for one of 2 reasons. A) I've beaten them 3 times in a row or B) They've beaten me 5 times in a row.

The thing is it's hard to find someone at just the right level that the match will be fair.

The way I play online now is that I don't even bother searching for games. I've set it so that my arcade game can be interrupted by a championship mode request. I then start Arcade with a character I want to practice with. I've also set my icon and title to the ones you get when you complete the hard trials for a character (for me Akuma) so that hopefully I'll get someone to challenge me that's equal or better than me (those cube icons tend to deter absolute beginners)

If they where about equal to me I'll usually send them a message asking them if they want to go a few rounds in a player match then add them as a friend.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Azza wrote: »
    Wrong game Jazzy that was super T. Now eddie honda answers to pretty much everybody!

you are hyper gay

Advertisement