Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diary :transfering from Dublin to Perth

Options
  • 26-06-2009 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

An oldie but still good

Just got transferred with work from grey old Dublin to our new home in Perth, Western Australia. Now this is a town that knows how to live! Beautiful, sunny days with warm, balmy evenings. I watched the sunset from a deckchair by the pool yesterday. It was beautiful. I've finally found my new home. I love it here!!!

September 13

It’s really heating up now. It got to 31 today. No problem though. Living in an air-conditioned home, driving air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a sun-worshipper.

September 30th

Had the back yard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of palms and rocks. No more mowing lawns for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

October 10th

The temperature hasn't been below 35 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least today it's windy though. Keeps the flies off a bit. Acclimatizing is taking longer than I expected.

October 15th

Fell asleep by the pool yesterday. Got third degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed three days of work. What a dumb thing to do! Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

October 20th

Didn't notice Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the car before I left for work this morning. By the time I got back to the car after work, Kitty had died - swollen up to the size of a shopping bag & stuck to the upholstery. The car now smells like Whiskettes & cat ****. I've learned my lesson though: no more pets in this heat.

October 25

This wind is a bastard. It feels like a giant ****in' blow dryer. And it's hot as hell! The home air conditioner is on the blink and the repair man charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needs to order parts from Sydney.

October 30th

The temperature's is up around 40 and the parts still haven't arrived for the ****in' aircon. Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. Bloody $800,000 house and we can't even go inside. Why the hell did I ever come here?

November 4

Finally got the ol' aircon fixed. It cost $1,500 and gets the temperature down to around 25 degrees, but the humidity makes it feel about 30. Stupid repairman.

November 8

If one more ****in’ smart arse says 'Hot enough for you today?', I'm going to throttle him. ****in' heat! By the time I get to work, the car's radiator is ****in’ boiling over, my clothes are soaking ****in' wet and I smell like baked cat!

November 9

Tried to run some errands after work, wore shorts, and sat on the black leather upholstery in the ol' car. I thought my ****in' arse was on fire. I lost two layers of ****in’ flesh, all the hair on the backs of my legs and my ****in' arse. Now the car smells like burnt hair, fried arse and baked ****in’ cat!

November 10

Weather report! It might as well be a ****in’ recording. Hot and sunny, Hot and sunny, Hot and ****in' sunny! It's been too hot to do anything for two ****in' months & the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn place? Water restrictions are on, so my $5,000 worth of palms are drying up and blowing into the ****in’ pool. The only things that thrive in this hell-hole are the ****in' flies. Don't dare open your mouth for fear of swallowing half a dozen of the buggers!

November 20th

Welcome to HELL! It got to 45 ****in' degrees today. Now the air conditioner's gone in my car. The repair man came to fix it and said, “Hot enough for you today?” My wife had to spend the $2,500 mortgage payment to bail me out of jail for assaulting the stupid ****in’ little twit.. Bloody Perth! What kind of sick, demented ****in' idiot would want to ****in’ live here!

December 1

WHAT THE ****!!!! The first day of Summer!!!! You are ****in’ kidding me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

wishing you had that hot weather back now with the middle of winter on you? Funny, if you came in April your diary would read the complete opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

FreeAnd.. wrote: »
    wishing you had that hot weather back now with the middle of winter on you? Funny, if you came in April your diary would read the complete opposite
    its just a mail joke that was doing the rounds for ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

hadnt seen it before - would love for it to be too hot now though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye, may as well be at home with the weather now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol that's very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Very funny and yeah could cover us Irish lol .

Only in the low 20's here in Ireland and we're all killed with the heat .

Advertisement