Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Talking?????

Options
  • 26-06-2009 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

In your opinion, When drunk do you say whats really on your mind and in your heart or do you just talk total rubbish thats just made up. eg. if you tell someone that your crazy about them, or if you tell someone that you can't stand the sight of them, is this wht you really feel or is it the drink talking?

When drunk do you speak whats really on your mind? 60 votes

Yes of course (In vino veritas)
    0% 0 votes
    No, sure your off your head
    71% 43 votes
    Not sure
    28% 17 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You post this at 2am!?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

slamman wrote: »
    In your opinion, When drunk do you say whats really on your mind and in your heart or do you just talk total rubbish thats just made up. eg. if you tell someone that your crazy about them, or if you tell someone that you can't stand the sight of them, is this wht you really feel or is it the drink talking?

drink can't talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

When drunk I do both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

she didn't mean it go back to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Yep i speak the truth when drunk, once the person/people i'm speaking to are drunk aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭McGrath5

A drunken man's word's, are a sober man's thought's

• Registered Users Posts: 30,245 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

atari jaguar

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭slamman

markok84 wrote: »
    she didn't mean it go back to sleep
    LOL. Thats the problem I hope she did mean it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

You post this at 2am!?

You read this at 2am?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

WARNING: DONT do this, especially when talking to a female!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I hate waking up with that horrible instant feeling you've said too much the night before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

atari jaguar

?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

After 11 pints: "You're my best mate so you are. I really fcuking love you man! Hic!"

After hangover: "That miserable fceker never put his hand in his pocket all night. Tight pr1ck!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I tend to say what's on my mind anyway, drink just enable's me to say it quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

IMO when you're drunk you say what's really on your mind and what you believe to be the truth at the time, BUT drink can seriously cloud your judgement so it's pretty easy to get it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I usually do. Mobile phones are the work of the devil. I text ridiculous things when I am drunk.

Bring back the phones where you can't see sent messages!!

Gazza22 wrote: »
    I hate waking up with that horrible instant feeling you've said too much the night before!

The fear, its a feckin awful start to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

The fear, its a feckin awful start to the day.

It is desperate. You only relax when you get a call or text from a mate and you then know it was grand the night before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

TheZohan wrote: »
    IMO when you're drunk you say what's really on your mind and what you believe to be the truth at the time, BUT drink can seriously cloud your judgement so it's pretty easy to get it wrong.

That's it ;) Sometimes you just decide "feck it I'm telling them this" (not always best thing!) but I think also your brain makes the connections differently and you can often come to a conclusion/decision that in no way reflects what really think! Thinks annoy you when are drunk that wouldn't when are sober. Hell, we even get upset over sh*t that wouldnt even think about when sober. Drink just messes up the thought process....

I always take what's said to me when drink taken with a punch of salt (and maybe a dash of tequila n lemon :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

Insurgent wrote: »
    It is desperate. You only relax when you get a call or text from a mate and you then know it was grand the night before.

Or did ya ever text someone the next day and then not hear from them for aaaaaages!! They're prob just hungover/tired/sick/no credit/lost phone..... but you're getting paranoid (a lovely drink side effect!) "oh f**k what's up....:("

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Sometimes, other times, like last nite, you just end up having a shouting match with your girlfriend at 4 in the morning and wake up not remembering what it was even about and have to go to work still hammered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Did anyone ever talk to their boss at the xmas christmas party, bad idea!!!

I asked mine for a pay rise which isnt bad, my mate told him he was an @sshole haha!
    She was so scared going into work the next day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

hmm i think you tell the truth, but a more exaggerated version of it.

"i dont really like you, you annoy me sometimes" => youre a f*ckin stupid b*tch and i cant f*cking stand you, dont ever speak to me again

"youre a really good friend" => I LOVE YOU SO MUCH & we'll be best friends FOREVER

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DonkeyPunch

"In vino veritas"

Age quod agis

Advertisement