Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moderators closing posts

• 26-06-2009 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Why the hell do moderators close posts for no good reason. I started a thread on the mumps because I have the mumps which was medically confirmed and I asked if others had it too because there's an epidemic here at the moment.

I have made an appointment for my DOCTOR for tomorrow and said I was wondering whether to go because I can't get antibiotics. THAT WASN'T THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD. I was asking others how sore the mumps were for them, how long they had it for etc and a mod comes in and closes it down - telling me to go to the doc. It's a disgrace. This website gets worse and worse. It's not the first time this has happened.

The last time it happened I was asking for advice on diet and nutrition on low GI and trying to keep within the Weight watcher points in the correct forum on weight watchers and diet and nutrition. I said I was told I had insulin resistance, but was given tablets but wasn't give advice on diet. I was asking anyone if they were eating low GI foods and had any ideas/recipes tips etc. Again the thread was closed down. :mad:

Just seems like the mods here have very little else to do and close down any topic they can to gain brownie points. i'm a mod for a different site and I just think it's very unfair and unregulated here.

Sure this will be prob be closed down too..... Pity I can't go to the doctor about this eh? :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

IBTL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Maybe one of the Mods can direct you to the correct forum, but it isn't AH.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i had it when I was a baby so cant remember it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

lynsalot wrote: »
    Why the hell do moderators close posts for no good reason. I started a thread on the mumps because I have the mumps which was medically confirmed and I asked if others had it too because there's an epidemic here at the moment.

I have made an appointment for my DOCTOR for tomorrow and said I was wondering whether to go because I can't get antibiotics. THAT WASN'T THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD. I was asking others how sore the mumps were for them, how long they had it for etc and a mod comes in and closes it down - telling me to go to the doc. It's a disgrace. This website gets worse and worse. It's not the first time this has happened.

The last time it happened I was asking for advice on diet and nutrition on low GI and trying to keep within the Weight watcher points in the correct forum on weight watchers and diet and nutrition. I said I was told I had insulin resistance, but was given tablets but wasn't give advice on diet. I was asking anyone if they were eating low GI foods and had any ideas/recipes tips etc. Again the thread was closed down. :mad:

Just seems like the mods here have very little else to do and close down any topic they can to gain brownie points. i'm a mod for a different site and I just think it's very unfair and unregulated here.

Sure this will be prob be closed down too..... Pity I can't go to the doctor about this eh? :mad::mad::mad:

If you give two ****s about yourself you'll go to the doc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

because it was to do with medical matters theres none of that carry on aloud....

Don't take it to personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

MAJD locked your first thread for a reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement