Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lime leaves

Options
  • 26-06-2009 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

any one no where I cn find these I asked my local groucery dude and he was like nope sorry :(... I really want to get some... aanyone got any ideas where i could get these if I have to buy a kilo of them i will because i can store them....

its for a desert and there one of the main flavor's... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You do not say what general area you shop in (Dublin? Cork? Athlone? Donegal?) so it is difficult to offer suggested shops for you.

However, if you are in the Dublin area you can get them in Asia Market on Drury Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i live in meath but il make my way to dury street :D.... cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

all asian supermarkets would stock kaffir lime leaves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

got mine in tescos believe it or not.
    If all else fails, peel a large bit of rind and use that

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

OP if Drogheda is closer to you, then you can buy them in the Asian shop in Stockwell St - they have a lovely selection of things :D

*wonders if its too early to crave a curry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

never ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Superquinn have been known to have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I've seen them on sale in Tescos in DUblin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

The fresh kaffir lime leaves freeze really well - just put the bag in the freezer - After 6 months (if you have any left) they might have a little freezer burn, but generally they are fine. Much better than the dried variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Sorry to bring this back up but I've a recipe that requires Kafir Lime leaf and I went into two Oriential stores but neither had them. One did have frozen Lime leaves, but it didnt say Kafir so I left them off.

Are these what I'm looking for? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

John_Mc wrote: »
    Sorry to bring this back up but I've a recipe that requires Kafir Lime leaf and I went into two Oriential stores but neither had them. One did have frozen Lime leaves, but it didnt say Kafir so I left them off.

Are these what I'm looking for? :confused:

If the frozen leaves had a load of nonsensical Asian writing on them, then they are of the Kaffir variety.

Even if not, then they are probably Kaffir. Never hear of any other varieties leaves being used (though I guess they probably are in some recipes).

Advertisement