Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to OZ, looking for info.

Options
  • 26-06-2009 8:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi guys, my twelve month WHV for new zealand is nearing completion.

I intend to head to Australia, more specifically Sydney in late September.
    I'm just looking to gather as much information as possible before I go.

The Working holiday visa lasts for one year. I hear of people applying for a second one however. How does this work? Is it possible to get a second one or is it a different type of visa they apply for?
    What are the most popular types of visa's foreigners apply for when travelling there.

Also work there. General jobs like restaurant staff, bar work, the usual, does there seem to be many vacancies?
    As regards construction, when you walk around Sydney, for anyone who's there, would you notice many building projects or large building sites, many cranes in the sky?

As regards the money over there, whats the general wage like?
    One nasty surprise when I got to NZ, their money is worth... f**k all, overseas. And the wages are fairly average anyway.

A little insight into what Sydney as a city is like? Compare it say, to Dublin. Is it difficult to get around, sprawling or more tightly knit?
    Whats public transport like?

Accommodation easy to come by?

Apologies, alot of questions there.
    If anyone can answer any of those or give me any other info or insight into OZ or Sydney, other cities possibly, that would be great.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

The first or second post detail this, read this if your getting a WHV..

Damo

But yup its pretty fantastic!

Advertisement