Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 shop this morning

Options
  • 26-06-2009 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why there was a queue forming outside the o2 shop on Patrick St. this morning at around 8.15? There wasn't any signs saying there was a sale on or anything. (if there is, i want to knoiw about it!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

maybe they are launching the new iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

phi3 wrote: »
    Anyone know why there was a queue forming outside the o2 shop on Patrick St. this morning at around 8.15? There wasn't any signs saying there was a sale on or anything. (if there is, i want to knoiw about it!)

it was the launch of the new I-Phone 3GS ..... queue's all over the country (Why I dont know) ..... its not like they wont be able to get it later in the day/week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

oh right. Thanks guys. Curiosity got the better of me. I didn't have time to hang around to find out coz i had to get the bus to work

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Those people make me sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

bloody queueing up like the sheep that they are :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Ultimate triumph of optimism over experience.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

Many of these idiots probably have already bought the previous versions (at high cost) with their appalling sound quality, inability to get a signal in many areas, no video, and missing much of the functionality one takes for granted on other brands of mobile. The first Iphone didn't even have UMTS.

About 30% of the population are suckers for prizes and free giveaways. They will do virtually anything to participate.

Another proportion of the population are suckers for Apple. Not that Apple doesn't make some good PCs. But these Apple victims have to buy everything the company produces - good or bad... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

So much for the recession - any idea how much they are selling for . They used to be a huge prices when they were first launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Barr wrote: »
    So much for the recession - any idea how much they are selling for . They used to be a huge prices when they were first launched.

They're not that expensive, you can have the 16 gig from 129 depending on which tarrif you want to go on. Hardly recession scandal stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 j2hig

One thing to say......**** THAT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I'm not much of a fan of them either. Visiting a friend in the US now and they're all mad about it over here too. Sound quality is terrible altogether. U can barely hear the person on it and the battery life is woeful! My buddy all has his plugged in whenever he's near a power source as it only last like a day. The think i do like about it is the apps u can get for it, but i think u can get those for the iTouch so i just get that instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

if you want to spend a lot of money on a phone, may I recommend either the nokia E71 or N95

Both handy phones and better than the iPhone imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Larkin501 wrote: »
    if you want to spend a lot of money on a phone, may I recommend either the nokia E71 or N95

Both handy phones and better than the iPhone imo.

I'm gonna spend alot of money on the samsung tocco ultra this week, fingers crossed its the rite choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

phi3 wrote: »
    I'm gonna spend alot of money on the samsung tocco ultra this week, fingers crossed its the rite choice

The only phones I gave were phones without a touchscreen

I heard the Samsung is worth the money, so it should be a good buy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

They're not that expensive, you can have the 16 gig from 129 depending on which tarrif you want to go on. Hardly recession scandal stuff!

Depends what you mean by expensive. I paid 25 for my latest phone on the second cheapest contract. It's GPS, decent camera, mp3, mp4 - everything but wifi, which I don't want anyway. Usually if I'm that far away from a PC with internet, I want to be that far away from a PC....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Depends what you mean by expensive. I paid 25 for my latest phone on the second cheapest contract.

I meant relatively speaking, the way the nay-sayers were iphone bashing on this thread, you'd swear it was a thousand euro, not a hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's €420 on Speak easy and ranges from €819 (18 months x €40 + €99) to €1800 (18 months x €100) on bill pay. I believe if upgrading the minimum contract is 12 months, not 18 months as with new users. That seems expensive to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's €420 on Speak easy and ranges from €819 (18 months x €40 + €99) to €1800 (18 months x €100) on bill pay. I believe if upgrading the minimum contract is 12 months, not 18 months as with new users. That seems expensive to me.

It's €519 on payg, the old model is €420.

Advertisement