Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more double standards

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Terry wrote: »
    ntlbell, we are trying our best to deal with the paedo posts in AH.
    We do not want any paedo jokes at all in AH.

If people used the report post function, then we could deal with the more efficiently.
    Do all pedo jokes/personal abuse carry a ban, or is it just infractable?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

so if i ask mark dunne does his dad pay much attention to message boards online and he says no i can come on and lash into him?
    If you can provide a signed affidavit from Ben Dunne himself guaranteeing that he will not sue boards for any libel committed against him, past, present or future, then yep, by all means come along and give him dog's abuse.

Until then, stick to the facts.
    ntlbell wrote: »
    do you not see how retarded that is?
    Yeah, it's pretty retarded.

But that's the legal system. What are we to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Ok, I'm not sure if I know what it is you want to happen as a result of this tho. It sounds like you are saying "if we can't have threads where we slag off local celebrities then we shouldn't be allowed have threads where we slag off any celebrities at all".

(I use the word celebrities because the example thread you used (someone doesn't read boards so you can slag them) would never happen and we both know it.)

So is that right? Is that what you want? Or are you just pointing out that it sucks that you can't just say whatever you want? cause, it is, of course, but I don't see it changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

tbh wrote: »
    Ok, I'm not sure if I know what it is you want to happen as a result of this tho. It sounds like you are saying "if we can't have threads where we slag off local celebrities then we shouldn't be allowed have threads where we slag off any celebrities at all".

(I use the word celebrities because the example thread you used (someone doesn't read boards so you can slag them) would never happen and we both know it.)

So is that right? Is that what you want? Or are you just pointing out that it sucks that you can't just say whatever you want? cause, it is, of course, but I don't see it changing.

Right now I don't know what I can say about whom.

clear it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ntlbell wrote: »
    Right now I don't know what I can say about whom.

clear it up.

use your cop on. if in doubt, don't post. works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Let me give you a better idea of the moronic behaviour from user > mod > admin.

I report a post which I thought was pretty distaasteful.

Mod edited that part of the post.

grand.

I start a thread to discuss the issue.

A Cmod says it's cool he's dead forget about it.

An admin come's along and states they have spent hours up trying to clean the mess up

another admin comes's along and goes

it's grand we use some magic risk analysis and work out if it's ok don't worry.

another mod come's in and states they are doing their best to clean the mess up

a cmod states it's cool it's the law but f*ck it, get on with it.

this thread and the example's of some of the mornic sentiments from all sides shows how inconsistent all this BS is.

see it?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Thread dead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement