Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sick f**Ks and mobile phones

• 26-06-2009 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

abit of a short rant but im actually disgusted with people and the use of the camera on mobile phones to view somebodys misery. there has been two incidents recently, one the female garda who got attacked and then the girl murdered on parnell st in broad daylight...apparently the gardai are appealing to the person who recorded it to come forward? my question is why did you film it if not to help catch the person?
    Gardaí believe the incident may have been video-recorded on a mobile phone and they have appealed to the person who has the recording to come forward.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-due-in-court-over-fatal-attack-in-dublin-416393.html#ixzz0JWhtdMTs&D

there should be a law for this as its becoming a more common place thing!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Pics or GTFO !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

beerbaron wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO !

Why would you want to see pictures of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Sure the media do it too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

That_Guy wrote: »
    Why would you want to see pictures of that?

He's trying to be funny.

He's trying to be funny.

Emphasis on the word "trying".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

ok the media are normally in the thick of it when they no something is going down like a riot or a protest, but now its like "oh look someone is getting battered/mugged/murdered lets whip out the camera for the craic...not for evidence!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you see someone getting robbed and have a camera phone,
    please put the phone away and run over and help the victim!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Magnus wrote: »

or use it to actually call the guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 askitnice

There is one point which may or may not be relevent, I would be wary of stepping in, in case I got hurt, but I would if I thought of it record it solely to provide to Guards. and call them.

Aye. Chances are the thief will come after you and rob your phone and then someone else from a faraway distance will film you getting robbed. You'll be a YOUTUBE HIT!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Everybody should record everybody. As long as this is done, justice will be served.

Aye. Chances are the thief will come after you and rob your phone and then someone else from a faraway distance will film you getting robbed. You'll be a YOUTUBE HIT!!!

How postmodern :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Death of a women in iran was recorded on mobile phone.... pretty sad to have your death broadcast like that. Looks like the gardi have the guy that murdered the woman so hopefully the video won't be needed, sometimes the person recording a situation doesn't know whats going to happen... might be nothing they can do to help. Not much differance to what news reporters sometimes catch on video

WindSock wrote: »
    Everybody should record everybody. As long as this is done, justice will be served.

Done...... Would you remind removing your bra please? It's just I promised some people some HD boobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Its just the warped mind/mentality of some people now a days they like to see people get hurt. its almost medievil some of the things people have on there phones with the fact you can almost have a tv on your phone people can watch what ever they want to. with out them ever going any wear near the guarda etc...

Its untraceable to see what some people have on there phone's so unfortunately they cant be traced....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

jon1981 wrote: »
    ok the media are normally in the thick of it when they no something is going down like a riot or a protest, but now its like "oh look someone is getting battered/mugged/murdered lets whip out the camera for the craic...not for evidence!"

the media at times do catch all kinds of nasty things, which they print or show for our, information? Craic? Entertainment? Titilation?

You could question the motivies of why they need to show some of what they do.

How do you prosecute on what their intention for recording it was?

I agree with you it is wrong if they are doing for fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If everyone filmed everyone all the time would that end crime? ;)

mike65 wrote: »

I dunno. Law and Order have gotten a ton of seasons out of it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Why did this guy beat the girl?

Done...... Would you remind removing your bra please? It's just I promised some people some HD boobs.

Try your sister then. Mine are so old they are analogue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

You should see whats on my phone!

Try your sister then. Mine are so old they are analogue.

No sister..... mmmmmm I guess a Barbie will do.

Insurgent wrote: »
    You should see whats on my phone!

A SCREEN!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

A SCREEN!! :eek:

OKay then. You should see what is stored on the internal memory of my phone.

Insurgent wrote: »
    OKay then. You should see what is stored on the internal memory of my phone.

PHONE NUMBERS :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

If you see someone getting robbed and have a camera phone, please put the phone away and run over and help the victim!

It's rarely just one robber or mugger, they're too cowardly for that.

I've been on a night link where 3 guys attacked a guy at the back of the bus. The bus was packed, but most people were travelling in pairs/alone.
    So forming a cohesive group against 3 violent scumbags wasn't guaranteed, and God knows if they were carrying knives as backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I remember a few years ago a dude in my class in school had a video on his phone of a guy being decapitated in Iraq. Everybody f*cking huddled around him to watch it again and again and coo. "That's fair cool". I don't know myself if it was fake or not, but either way they believed it was, and they thought it was cool.

Sometimes I'm just so f*cking sickened with f*cking young people, it makes me want to cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

And then again you have this:

Gangsters videoed their crime boss accidentally blowing his head off with a handgun during a drink and drugs party in Ireland, police have said.

Philip Collopy, 29, a top member of a feared feuding gang in Limerick, apparently didn't realise his Glock 9mm pistol was loaded when he pointed it at his head and pulled the trigger.

Investigating gardai were able to rule out any foul play in the death almost immediately after one of his associates handed over footage of the shooting he had taken on his mobile phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

How postmodern :pac:
    Everybody deserves their 15 nanoseconds. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

OldGoat wrote: »
    Everybody deserves their 15 nanoseconds. :)
    I just had mine. I wasted them :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

mike65 wrote: »

CCTV?

- Drav!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Some people are obsessed with it.
    My mate was in a car crash in town, (i was 5 minutes behind in a different car)I arrived along when the 2 cars were strewn across the street. Cops were there and ambluance just arrived. My mate was shaken up and trapped in the car. And some tool took his camera phone and decided to video her! Fair play to the gards, they went over and told him to feck off or they'd arrest him!

They'll stop a-filmin, when we stop a-watchin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭b28

It's pretty sick, but its human nature to record something that's a bit sensational.
    Yeah, it's very sick to not use it to help the person though!
    Maybe they got off on the vid and wanted to keep it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Bill-e wrote: »
    Why did this guy beat the girl?

Because she didnt beat him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

askitnice wrote: »
    I would be wary of stepping in, in case I got hurt

the girls toilet is over to the left......:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Because she didnt beat him

she bate him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Only vids that should be on phones are vids taking by girls of their mate, flicking her bean in toilets of a nightclub.

/licks lips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Dinter wrote: »
    And then again you have this:

Gangsters videoed their crime boss accidentally blowing his head off with a handgun during a drink and drugs party in Ireland, police have said.

Philip Collopy, 29, a top member of a feared feuding gang in Limerick, apparently didn't realise his Glock 9mm pistol was loaded when he pointed it at his head and pulled the trigger.

Investigating gardai were able to rule out any foul play in the death almost immediately after one of his associates handed over footage of the shooting he had taken on his mobile phone.

It was also very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

im sick of cases like this only being treated as assault by the courts rather than the murder/manslaughter they should be treating it as

• Advertisement
Advertisement