Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denied Access

Options
  • 26-06-2009 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭

It's very random but I keep getting the 'you do not have access...' page in various places. For example I was in BGRH and about to post in the bar thread and I got it. I then refreshed the page and was able to post.

I went into the Ladies Lounge and it happened again but would be resolved with a refresh.

Not sure if it's a problem with my account or something with the database.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm just had a couple of erronious messages too, suggesting the search/new posts was borked.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I was getting this last night too when trying to view threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

There were issues with the database last night where the slave database lagged behind the master. I'm not seeing any issues this morning.

If you're getting permission errors, please:
    1. Log out of boards.ie.
    2. Delete your boards.ie cookies.
    3. Log in.

If the problems persist after doing that, please report them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Cathooo wrote: »
    It's very random but I keep getting the 'you do not have access...' page in various places. For example I was in BGRH and about to post in the bar thread and I got it. I then refreshed the page and was able to post.

I went into the Ladies Lounge and it happened again but would be resolved with a refresh.

Not sure if it's a problem with my account or something with the database.

Thanks.

*tries to resist urge to tell Cathooo to post in real forums.

*resisting fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Conor wrote: »
    There were issues with the database last night where the slave database lagged behind the master. I'm not seeing any issues this morning.

If you're getting permission errors, please:
    1. Log out of boards.ie.
    2. Delete your boards.ie cookies.
    3. Log in.

If the problems persist after doing that, please report them here.

Thank you, it seemed to iron itself out :) if it crops up again I'll do that.
    Ron DMC wrote: »
    *tries to resist urge to tell Cathooo to post in real forums.

*resisting fails.

Quiet you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Just got the following a minute ago:
    Ron DMC, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You may be trying to post in a restricted forum such as Soccer, or one of the many private forums on boards.ie.
    For clarification, check our Help Desk forum.
    You may be banned from this forum if you contravened an element of the forum charter.
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

when loading http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1234

Fixed on refresh.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement