Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Missing Cat - Any Info Appreciated

Options
  • 26-06-2009 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Normally I wouldn't be too worried that the cat has been missing for a week, but my wife is in Hospital at the moment and due home on Sunday. She is crazy about the cat and I haven't had the heart to tell her that I haven't seen him for a week. For her health and my safety, I would greatly appreciate if anyone has seen him could you let me know.

He is a small Ginger and White cat with longish hair which is particularly soft and he is very friendly. He has a multicoloured colar on with a bell and a tag.

He has gone wandering before, but not for quite so long. If anyone has seen him, I would be very greatful if you could just set my mind at ease and allow me to be able to tell my wife he is OK if you have seen him in the past few days! We live in the Park and he would normally be hanging out there!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Ice Man wrote: »
    Normally I wouldn't be too worried that the cat has been missing for a week, but my wife is in Hospital at the moment and due home on Sunday. She is crazy about the cat and I haven't had the heart to tell her that I haven't seen him for a week. For her health and my safety, I would greatly appreciate if anyone has seen him could you let me know.

He is a small Ginger and White cat with longish hair which is particularly soft and he is very friendly. He has a multicoloured colar on with a bell and a tag.

He has gone wandering before, but not for quite so long. If anyone has seen him, I would be very greatful if you could just set my mind at ease and allow me to be able to tell my wife he is OK if you have seen him in the past few days! We live in the Park and he would normally be hanging out there!

Thanks in advance.

I saw a ginger i'd never seen before opposite 194 Charlesland Park about a week ago, Saturday night i think. I was watching a stand off between our resident Ali and Frasier, rumble in the park cats, and the ginger appeared. He just sat on the wall for a while then wandered off. I'll keep an eye out and hope your wife is getting better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

I think this is the cat that hangs around with my cat. I am up in the park. This cat is around a lot but I have not seen him for a few days. My cat is not around except late at night since the weather has been good. they are often near each other. the cat I see has a collar with mobile numbers on it I think. it is very friendly and has a slightly unusual purr. If you are the 3rd last turn on the left as you head up the estate I reckon this is your cat. If you are located here next time I see it ill ring the number on the tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Ice Man

Thanks for the information, a friendly ginger with an unusual pur who avoids conflict but watches from a distance sounds like our guy! If you do see him again let me know. The number is my wife's so probably best not to ring it at the moment! Hopefully he will arrive back tonight now that the rian is back!

Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

Yeah I know your cat, he is very friendly but I haven't seen him in a few days. I wouldn't worry too much, we have barely seen our cat since the weather has been good. Is he neutered? They tend to wander alot more if they aren't. Anyway if I see him I will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Iceman....
    Might have seen him...all over the main road into Charlesland...outside Seabourne..earlier in the week....but i really hope it wasn't your cat!

Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 dalila

There was a cat run over on the road near Seabourne View, as birdwatcher said, it seemed to be a white and ginger cat, more white than ginger I think. Maybe white on the tummy with ginger patches on its back. I don't know about the hair length and i was driving past so didn't see if it was wearing a collar. I really truly hope it is not your fella, it's so heartbreaking. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

That was quite a big cat though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Ice Man

Thankfully not our guy, he has arrived home and eaten every scrap of food in the house, slept for a bot and left again!

Thanks for all the help. Just as well I only read about that poor cat on the road after our guy returned home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Alcohol has so much to answer for in this country:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Ice Man wrote: »
    Thankfully not our guy, he has arrived home and eaten every scrap of food in the house, slept for a bot and left again!

Thanks for all the help. Just as well I only read about that poor cat on the road after our guy returned home!!

Thank gawd for that. My heart sank when i saw the run over cat message!

• Advertisement
Advertisement