Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

200,000 Year Old Statue Found On Moon

• 26-06-2009 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭

A noted scientist has just produced proof that the lunar surface was inhabited by intelligent life: a 10-inch angel sculpture embedded in a moon rock.
    moonstatue.jpg
    Geologist Dr. Morris Charles revealed last week that NASA lab workers chipped the angel from one of the rocks brought to Earth by Apollo 11 astronauts 40 years ago, in 1969. Dr. Charles was a NASA scientist himself for 23 years but left the agency in 1987. He still maintains close ties to many of his former colleagues. “The implications of this figurine are absolutely mind-boggling,” Dr. Charles told reporters. “It means that at one time the moon had an atmosphere conducive to life. And what’s more, it was once home to a sophisticated race of people with a highly refined sense of beauty.”

The angel - a humanoid female with wing-like appendages on her back and long flowing hair - is made of an iron compound found exclusively in the highlands of the moon.
    This rules out the possibility that it was dropped by a race of aliens from another planet. It’s been hand polished to a silvery metallic sheen. Based on chemical analysis of the metal, geologists estimate the sculpture to be 200,000 years old which means it was made 170,000 years before the human species appeared on Earth.

It’s been examined by art experts who concur with Dr. Charles’ appraisal of the culture that produced it. “Clearly these beings had a sense of religion that parallels our Christianity. Perhaps they had a Jesus of their own, proving that the important spiritual principles are, in a very literal sense, universal,” said a Washington anthropologist.
    Others are not so sure of its religious significance. Dr. Miles Fredericks of New York University countered, “This is just more Christian propaganda. The Sumerians told stories of the Annunaki, winged deities, as far back as 18th century BC. Maybe the Sumerians were visited by these moon beings, who merely modeled the statue after their own image.”

While many ponder the significance of the figure, others are curious about why it has remained a secret for so long. “The artifact has been common knowledge among NASA insiders for years,” said Dr. Charles. “But space agency higher-ups have kept the information highly classified, fearing world-wide panic. It was smuggled out to me by persons who must, for obvious reasons, remain anonymous.”
    NASA officially denies Dr. Charles’ allegations. The statue was displayed to photographers and newsmen but is now being held for further study at an undisclosed location.
    Astronauts of Antiquity - Zecharia Sitchin has already shown in The Twelfth Planet that the statues of gods and goddesses from Sumer present special helmets with protuberances on both sides (the Middle Ages’s illiteracy turned them into”devil horns”), which perfectly look like the pilots’ headphones; the statues were provided with the SHU.GAR.RA - a term that literally means”that which makes you go far into the Universe”.

Another image discovered in North Israel, dating back to the ninth millennium B.C., represents the sculpted head of a god with a helmet and safety glasses. Also a picture of the goddess Ishtar from her temple in Sumer…
    cris4.jpg
    All this suggests to us that the attire …was that of an aeronaut or an astronaut”…
    3picsp.jpg
    Many drawings on the Sumerian plates show the gods with wings, which were not belonging to the body, but they were accessories of the flight suit, therfore the gods looked like eagles…
    This drawing on a Sumerian plate suggests that an Anunnaki / Elohim spaceship is connected to the base on Earth.”The central object … it is more mechanical, more manufactured than natural.Its (( wings )) looks almost exactly like the solar panels which American spacecraft are provided to convert the Sun’s energy to electricity. The two antennas cannot be mistaken. The circular craft … is located between Mars (the six - pointed star) and Earth and its Moon”(Z. Sitchin, The Twelfth Planet....

http://thecrit.com/2009/05/05/200000-year-old-statue-found-on-moon/

If this is true and i think it is , i'm freaked out.
    I mean this prioves without doubt we are not alone,.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

how would the christian,jewish,and muslim religion get out of that one ?all three believe that there is only life other than on earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

Very good point.Maybe all those religions are from aliens.
    This changes everything and i mean everything.My life today is changed in a way i can't describe.

Very good point.Maybe all those religions are from aliens.
    This changes everything and i mean everything.My life today is changed in a way i can't describe.
    its enough to turn me to drink,i think i will go down to the pub in shillelagh and have a pint of the blackstuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

I'm going to get cans later and get drunk too.
    Another good idea. Your full of great ideas !
    This is life changing stuff.

I'm going to get cans later and get drunk too.
    Another good idea. Your full of great ideas !
    This is life changing stuff.
    yes but its took me 68 years to get this clever[i have just passed my IQ level]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

So out of the billions upon billions of rocks on the moon, one of the few that the astronauts picked up happened to contain the image of an angel? What a stroke of luck!

Or do all the rocks on the moon have it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Some quick googling suggests that this story originated in the Weekly World News.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

looks a bit like the "angel" from the simpsons.

coincidence...I think not!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Another image discovered in North Israel, dating back to the ninth millennium B.C., represents the sculpted head of a god with a helmet and safety glasses. Also a picture of the goddess Ishtar from her temple in Sumer…
    cris4.jpg
    All this suggests to us that the attire …was that of an aeronaut or an astronaut”…
    3picsp.jpg
    Many drawings on the Sumerian plates show the gods with wings, which were not belonging to the body, but they were accessories of the flight suit, therfore the gods looked like eagles…
    This drawing on a Sumerian plate suggests that an Anunnaki / Elohim spaceship is connected to the base on Earth.”The central object … it is more mechanical, more manufactured than natural.Its (( wings )) looks almost exactly like the solar panels which American spacecraft are provided to convert the Sun’s energy to electricity. The two antennas cannot be mistaken. The circular craft … is located between Mars (the six - pointed star) and Earth and its Moon”(Z. Sitchin, The Twelfth Planet....
    Could you give me links for the above? Sounds interesting. May make a thread about it in a non-CT forum later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Toying with my wildest dreams, damn you world weekly news, damn you to hell!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

bonkey wrote: »
    Some quick googling suggests that this story originated in the Weekly World News.

Are you saying that Weekly World News isn't a reliable, trustworthy source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

My life today is changed in a way i can't describe.
    How? How is your life any different now than it was before you found that out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

HERE'S MY ANGEL, SEE MY ANGEL, IT'S MY ANGEL, NO ONE ELSE'S. SEE MY AAAAANGEL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭ben bedlam

"What the hell am I going to do with 10,000 angel ashtrays!?"- Homer Simpson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Are you saying that Weekly World News isn't a reliable, trustworthy source?

Not in the slightest. People can draw their own conclusions...about the source, and the fact that it seems to have originated there, and then gone on to appear on many "pro conspiracy" sites without any reference to the origins of the story.

If there is any implication about the origin of the story, wouldn't there equally be an implication on any site which repeated it but withheld details of the original source?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The angel - a humanoid female with wing-like appendages on her back and long flowing hair - is made of an iron compound found exclusively in the highlands of the moon.
    This rules out the possibility that it was dropped by a race of aliens from another planet.

AND they've managed to rule out the possibility that it was made on any other planet in the universe. Fair play lads, that must have taken weeks to do an exhaustive metallurgical analysis of every piece of rock in the universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Written by TheCrit · Filed Under Silly

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

MarkR wrote: »
    AND they've managed to rule out the possibility that it was made on any other planet in the universe. Fair play lads, that must have taken weeks to do an exhaustive metallurgical analysis of every piece of rock in the universe.

With more and more geologists graduating every year, I reckon they would have completed that analysis in two days. Tops.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Epic fail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Damm, I thought it smelled a bit Oniony alright

Would be well cool tho if it had even the remotest chance of being true.

and 200000 years ties in nicely with my nuclear tech civilisation theory livin in Australia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Damm, I thought it smelled a bit Oniony alright

Would be well cool tho if it had even the remotest chance of being true.

and 200000 years ties in nicely with my nuclear tech civilisation theory livin in Australia
    But wasn't that 150000 years ago?
    50,000 years is a pretty long time.

And why would a completely fictitious article fit in with your theory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

King Mob wrote: »
    And why would a completely fictitious article fit in with your theory?

Fictitious theory perhaps.

Advertisement