Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Break-in - window smashed

• 26-06-2009 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Just found my car was broken into last night - front side window broken, nothing taken. Nothing left in the car, this was done for pure spite.

Approx what is the replacement cost for front side window in 2002 Laguna? I presume going through the insurance compay is a waste of time as they will just bump up my premium.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 Mr. darragh

you should be covered by your insurance ,and this should not effect you no claims

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you have windscreen cover on your insurance policy then it should be replaced free of charge and will not effect your NCB or premium.

As for approx cost, you will have to ring the likes of www.autoglass.ie for a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

For reference, it will cost €140 - not covered by insurance, but I'm sure I would have ended up paying for it anyway somewhere down the road.

thanks for the replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

If your any way handy, a replacement side window should cost around

€40-€50 from a breakers. Take you an hour or two to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Muckie wrote: »
    If your any way handy, a replacement side window should cost around

€40-€50 from a breakers. Take you an hour or two to do it.

defo would give this a try,
    easy enough to get the door card off, and drop in a new window, courstey of your local car breaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

For reference, it will cost €140 - not covered by insurance, but I'm sure I would have ended up paying for it anyway somewhere down the road.

thanks for the replies
    Glass claim don't affect premiums at all, might be worth adding glass cover on to the policy for next time if it's cheap.

Advertisement