Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feeding

Options
  • 26-06-2009 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I have 2 week old springer pups, and i am wondering when should i start feeding them myself and what would be the best food for them.
    thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Are these orphan pups?
    If not orphan pups why ahve you bred a bitch without knowing this information previously?

Generally it is about 4-6 weeks old, I would feed well soaked nuts (make sure they are the right type. Always ensure they are well 'mashed up with your hands' (generally more the case if the pups are a small breed)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

No, he bred without doing any research it seems from some of the questions he's asked over the past while.

Pups are usually starting to be weaned at about 3/4 weeks. You need to get them a good quality puppy food and soak it either in water or puppy milk replacement until very mushy. As for amounts why not sign up to a forum with some people who have actually bred pups http://www.irishdogs.ie/Forum/default.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭superfear

ohh my god, you people are so hypocritical. I have done plenty of research but i thought to myself (stupidly) that maybe some nice people on here have bred before and know from first hand experience, then i wouldn't be following a dummies guide to breading. I care very much for my dog and only want the best for the pups, which is why I'm trying to cover every angle.
    If someone asks for a bit of help, then HELP or don't HELP. Do not try and lecture or presume what you do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Apologies if you took offence from my post superfear, when i read your post first i assumed that you had not done the research, hence asking the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

superfear wrote: »
    If someone asks for a bit of help, then HELP or don't HELP. Do not try and lecture or presume what you do not know.

+ 1.

Scrambled egg is pretty good to get them started and then after a few days mix it with the soaked food, gradually give less and less egg and more soaked kibble.

• Advertisement
Advertisement