Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth to Dublin journey

Options
  • 26-06-2009 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Anyone here driven to Blanch/Tallaght area in Dublin?
    Is it as mad as I've heard? Am worried about driving the M50, especially on my own! :rolleyes: :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Go from Drogheda to Newlands cross most days. Take about 55 mins. Go from Drogheda to Duleek and down to the N2, then meet up with the M50 at Finglas and off at N7 exit, avoid most of the roadworks on the M50.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

What time are you travelling?

The biggest problems seem to be the never ending incidents between Junction 4 Ballymun and Junction 6 Blanchardstown.

If you are travelling peak hours 07.00 to 10.00 and 16.00 to 19.00 tune your car radio to 103.2 Dublin City FM. They broadcast a three hour interactice traffic report with some music and banter. Motorists text in where the delays are and they also watch the traffic cameras.

One of the areas to watch is Northbound (Clockwise) approaching the N3 exit Junction 6 the TWO left lanes take you off the M50 so heading tyo Louth you should be in lane 3 of 4 approaching this junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

if its the m50 your worried about you could always go to blanch via navan and the n3, you get to blanch before you hit the M50.

The M50 would probably be best to get to tallaght though

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

fifomania wrote: »
    Anyone here driven to Blanch/Tallaght area in Dublin?
    Is it as mad as I've heard? Am worried about driving the M50, especially on my own! :rolleyes: :o

This is a just in case post - but you know that Blancharstown and Tallaght are on opposite sides of Dublin right? they're not 1 area?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Go from Drogheda to Newlands cross most days. Take about 55 mins. Go from Drogheda to Duleek and down to the N2, then meet up with the M50 at Finglas and off at N7 exit, avoid most of the roadworks on the M50.

Hope that helps.

I take this route regularally and have to said its must soperior to taking the M1. Though I'm on a bike which makes the journery more enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Be more precise about Louth, where exactly in Louth are you travelling from?

Advertisement