Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ol Wagon

Options
  • 26-06-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

(I'm not referring to Mary Harney)

Hi Folks,

Thinking of driving the Wagon across from Melbourne to Sydney alone next week maybe for the weekend to meet up with some buddies.

Is there anything in particular i defo need to bring for ex: can of petrol?? is the route well populated in other words???

As usual lads cheers for any input!

Damo :pac:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Basic Kit for a trip like that would include

Extra Fuel, enough to move your vehicle a min of 100KM

more than one spare tyre

Loads of Water, for both you and the Vehicle

an Esky

A JACK and WHEELBRACE, you'd be surprised at how many people dont check that they have these.

Music, seriously the tedium can get to you, Tunes help

Jump leads & some basic tools.

flashlight.

a Swag, dont bother with tents they are a pain in the arse.

a 3G Phone and a GPS unit are also handy to have

Also if you see a fellow traveller broken down on the side of the road I feel that you are obligated to stop and check if they are alright or need any of the things you were clever enough to remember, this can be as basic as cold water or a wheelbrace.

Dont stop for 'BlackFellas' tho, its generally a trap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

re reads OP

Melbourne to Sydney,

Ignore my previous post, thats advice for serious travellers going into the outback.

Melbourne to Sydney, stop off at Glenrowan on the way through, thats fairly cool, avoid Canberra, or at most its a 3 hour diversion to see parliment house and I dont think you are allowed to walk around on the roof anymore now anyway:(

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Sound mate

Thanks for the advice!

Damo

Advertisement