Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota Celica

• 26-06-2009 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Guys, apologies but I couldnt find another thread on this...

Looking into buying a celica(possibly 02 or 04) prices dont seem to bad these days...
    Im looking at one with close to 100k miles...Does anyone think that is a bit much for a 02 celica?

Also if anyone has one, would they reccommend them to purchase?

Had looked at UK options also, while you might get a few extras(leather seats etc) the price is working out roughly the same has here, when you take VRT into consideration..:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Get the t-sport model, it has 189hp as oppossed to the normal 140hp, both are 1.8 so same road tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Get the t-sport model, it has 189hp as oppossed to the normal 140hp, both are 1.8 so same road tax.

Is there much of a difference? I was looking at a couple myself and didn't know which one to go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

vvtli or t-sport model is a much nicer car all round, usually with leather interior as standard too.

Have a look on here: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

100k isn't too much on them either, there fairly reliable

as has been said the 190 version is the only one to go for the 140 is much much too slow and lacks the extras of the 190 model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Despite all the predictable comments, the 140bhp has approximately the same performance as the 190bhp up until the 190 hits around 6,000rpm, at which point it's significantly quicker. However, if you seem unsure as to which one you want then it would seem like you probably won't use the extra power anyway, so you're as well off with the 140bhp.
    100,000 is a bit high, suspension components will need replacing soon and are expensive, timing chain goes early enough in them so might also need replacing. You'd be better off with a genuine low mileage 02 than a high mileage abused 04. Plenty to choose from in the 140 guise, good ones are rare enough in the 190.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

To me the Jap imports are the way to go , most have the higher specced engine and milage tends to be alot lower.

100k is nothing to the toyota engine btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Cheers for the responses guys, much appreciated...can someone clear this up for me..

Whats the difference between VVTI & VVTLI becuase as far as I can see you can get 149bph & 190bph in both

Im assuming the best way to go would be VVTLI 190BPH? or am I wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

the vvti is 140 only and vvtli is 190 only , theres not much differnce in the real world between the two for perforfance tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Oh right...just i was talking to a guy in dealership today and he said he was selling a vvtli 140???

i guess real world its non effecting...but still like to have the best possible option :)

Advertisement