Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet sitter in South Dublin

Options
  • 26-06-2009 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi There,

I need to get someone to come and feed our 3 cats and 1 dog while we are on holidays in July. I was wondering if anyone could recommend someone/ or a good service they have used in the past? I hate leaving them and need peace of mind while we are away...Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

try safe hands pet care maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

I might know someone who can help depending where in Dublin - what area?

I think the cats will be no problem as they prefer their own environment but I honestly don't think you can leave the dog in the house on its own when you go away, even if someone calls in. Can you get someone to move in? It will be a lot cheaper too.

I hope I don't sound judgemental but the cats have each other for company and I would just worry about leaving a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

I may be able to take the dog for a while. I live in Bray and I have another dog who the dog could play with. He's very friendly and won't hurt your dog. I won't be able to take the cats cos my dog doesn't like them.

PM me if you are interested. You can of couse come and see where the dog will be staying before you leave him. What kind of dog is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭suraheg

Where abouts are u?

I sometimes pet sit in the dublin area, am a veterinary nurse.

pm me if ur interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 erinselbow

Thank you so much for the offer Kevo...that's very sweet of you. I'm looking for a pet minder to come once a day, but family and friends will be dropping by everyday also, I just want to make sure that there is someone there at least twice a day.

Misty our dog is much happier in her own house and on her own street to be honest...she came with the house we bought a year ago...very sad, long story! but we are very happy to have the spritely 11 year old as part of the family now!

We are in Stillorgan, I've tried a few pet minders that I found on the web and they all seem nice, it's just good to have a recommendation I suppose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement