Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article on Fifa in EDGE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

superior game in the past, the present and the future

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

denial much?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Don't make me relink the denial banana! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

omg im telling you i got fifa 09 and it was so boring like watchin paint dry but not as amusing now PES is not at its maximum level but compared to fifa its like real madrid compared to gimnastic. its a very clear difference in class, but hey fifa lemmings love the licencing and the glitz, i love gameplay. whatever really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

great article, cant wait for 360degree dribbling. Fifa is just way more intelligent than Pro Evo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

omg im telling you i got fifa 09 and it was so boring like watchin paint dry but not as amusing now PES is not at its maximum level but compared to fifa its like real madrid compared to gimnastic. its a very clear difference in class, but hey fifa lemmings love the licencing and the glitz, i love gameplay. whatever really

Good Comparison...

Anyway, im really excited for this years fifa, but I really want to see if konami have FINALLY done something about overhauling PES like they keep saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I am an expert on gameplay. Fifa 09 is years ahead of PES09's gameplay. And that's not even a matter of taste. It's just simple fact. And I used to love Pro Evo.

koHd wrote: »
    I am an expert on gameplay. Fifa 09 is years ahead of PES09's gameplay. And that's not even a matter of taste. It's just simple fact. And I used to love Pro Evo.

No point mate. There is just no talking to some people. devereaux17 is convinced he is an apple and no amount of your voodoo "Logic" will change his mind. :D. We all know he cries himself to sleep at night anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Devereaux, that is 2 threads you have flamed. If I see anymore flaming, you are getting a 1-week ban. You have been warned both publicly and privately.

Keep it on topic guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

its like real madrid compared to gimnastic

Tbh, I wouldn't disparage the good name of Gimnastic by comparing them to Real Madrid.

In terms of gameplay, for the last two seasons, FIFA has been completely dominant. Pro Evo used to be unrivaled, but it has taken giant steps backwards, FIFA have taken giant steps forward. That has been widely acknowledged.

I used to be a hardcore Pro Evo fan, but I buy a game for the gameplay, not the name. FIFA has better gameplay, but Pro Evo has less twats online.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Pro Evo has less twats online.

Yeh, both of those guys rule. :p

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeh, both of those guys rule. :p

My original point still holds! :p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

If you think back to PES6 which was the last working online PES then there were plenty of twats back then too. If PES does get its act together and I really hope it does then you can be assured that there will be just as many idiots on there.

Even still for Pro Evo 6 when loads of people were playing it online, it was never as bad as FIFA is at the moment for quitters.... its next to impossible to finish at game when you are winning.

In FIFA you can just pause, quit game and pop into another game in 10 secs. You should never, never, never be given an easy quitting option when you are directly connected to one other person

Those celebrations always be turned off for online play. Nothing more annoying than some lad running around for half the day after scoring, watching all the replays.... I think that was a horrible idea, its just giving more ways to people to act the twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Those celebrations always be turned off for online play. Nothing more annoying than some lad running around for half the day after scoring, watching all the replays.... I think that was a horrible idea, its just giving more ways to people to act the twat.

Are you serious man? Some of the best moments in Fifa online are through celebrations, people message you, acting the hard man, you score after 10 seconds, there is nothing better than giving them the aul finger to the mouth... Ssssshhhhhh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Tbh, I wouldn't disparage the good name of Gimnastic by comparing them to Real Madrid.

In terms of gameplay, for the last two seasons, FIFA has been completely dominant. Pro Evo used to be unrivaled, but it has taken giant steps backwards, FIFA have taken giant steps forward. That has been widely acknowledged.

I used to be a hardcore Pro Evo fan, but I buy a game for the gameplay, not the name. FIFA has better gameplay, but Pro Evo has less twats online.

yea but fifa actually works online :p That is the only reason I bought it. I always preferred pes but fifa 09 is way better. And im actually pretty good at it for a n00b :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

My aunt got me Fifa 08 last year and I thought it was ok but not great. Timed with PES being **** online and only mediocre offline, I got Fifa 09, traded in pes and never looked back. :)

Walsh wrote: »
    Are you serious man? Some of the best moments in Fifa online are through celebrations, people message you, acting the hard man, you score after 10 seconds, there is nothing better than giving them the aul finger to the mouth... Ssssshhhhhh. :D

They are solely designed to piss your opponent off, an option to turn them off would be nice.

I want to play the game, not spend 30 seconds watching some idiot running around like a headless chicken every time he scores.

The only time I do like them is on our boards team, when we can co-ordinate it properly into something thats actually funny and doesn't look like rubbish! :D

Advertisement